• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I know this thread is kinda lenient on spoiler policy and stuff and I know you're excited Bass but that still kinda sucks for newbies reading the thread :<

Perhaps that's why it got cancelled after 12 episodes.

At least we got a fun Toonami lolwatch out of it. Shiny shiny~

duckroll

I know this thread is kinda lenient on spoiler policy and stuff and I know you're excited Bass but that still kinda sucks for newbies reading the thread :<

It's up to new people in the thread to push for reform and demand that people use less images and no spoiler images at all. Only with willpower can there be change!

scy

Man, I remember when I first picked up Deadman Wonderland when it started. This is gory and interesting, all these deaths! Wonder when it's going to go tame.

Oh. Eyeball plucking. Hrm.
Oh. Crazygirlrampage.
Oh. Yandere psycho waifu.

I stopped following the releases for awhile, though, back around the 20s ;__;

Well, I am quite the tennis fan so seeing it got destroyed so bad by it really hurt my opinion towards it.

I enjoy Tennis and I enjoyed Prince of Tennis for what it was: Complete absurdity that kind-of-sort-of involved Tennis (eventually, it started almost in reality!). Honestly, I think it's just the format: Tournament style with varying "abilities." At that point, I don't really care what the sport or fighting is, just that it's ability users in a tournament.

Though, after awhile, it became more about what kind of broken shit they're trying to do. I'm surprised nothing has broken the space/time continuum yet.

It's up to new people in the thread to push for reform and demand that people use less images and no spoiler images at all. Only with willpower can there be change!

If it was the first post of this page, I'd care more!

We'd be up in arms I imagine if it was leaked spoilers of the Big 3 this week.

Stinky

oh my gooood Himizu is back.

u3QdXGs.png

Y'all might be more familiar with Ciguatera or maybe Ping Pong Club, or Boku to Issho. This is my favourite manga this guy does though.

Stinky

I'm always sad that Medaka Box is always at the bottom with all that garbage.

Seems like there are less than 4 chapters left though, will be sad to see it gone.

Series I've been following a long time ending are always sad, Bakuman ending even felt melancholic despite sort of fizzling out towards the end.

I mean the first page of this thread and all these Manga News/Discussion OTs pretty clearly states this is a spoiler tag free thread :< It can't be half way either we need to be able to discuss any and all released manga spoiler free or we can't discuss any of it without spoiler tags.

But when is something considered a spoiler and when is something considered "common knowledge" to the plot? In my examples from Deadman, those all happen within the first 11 chapters of the manga and knowing the identity of the red man wouldn't really ruin any enjoyment of the 10 chapters that came before it.

I really want to read Deadman Wonderland now. Not sure why.

It's really good so far, I can see it wandering down the path of standard shonen shenanigans but I still like it so far, the art alone makes it worth a read.

Jump Issue #20 Bottom 6
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Medaka Box
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker

Hungry Joker and Rookie Policewoman are already dead. Is this or next week going to be the finale of Kiruko-san?

Stinky

Wow, the Medaka Box spoilers are weird

Supposedly the "Toss the Boquet to the Future" arc is over .. but the chapter ends with "See you next week"

wtf?

Remember that according to the rumours, it ends in the next 4 issues.

>Kumagawa "Ajimu left me a message for you when she passed the baton to me".
>Medaka "Are you implying you will be in any physical condition to tell me anything after you've lost?"
>Kumagawa "No need for that, you'll understand once you get the brooch. However, I'll never have expected someone like you to overlook the message. Look, if you put the paper this way..." He lines them up in two rows or something.
>The revealed message is everyone farewell to Medaka. 4 pages worth of them.
>Zenkichi "Do your best"
>Hato "I was glad I gave birth to you"
>Kujira "Rely on me sometimes... o-ok?"
>Maguro "If something happens, leave it to your brother!"
>Others are mostly just "Thanks" and similar, which would sound pretty much the same in English. If you guys insist I will translate them afterwards, but it's really nothing much.
>Medaka "Zenkichi, I thought you will try to chase after me forever... and now at the very end, I feel I've been surpassed."
>Medaka "Well then, Kumagawa, it's time you hand me those two flowers."
>Kumagawa "Do you really feel you can win?"
>Once, there was a great student council president.
>That president was (omitted)
>A very ladylike lady.
>4 April, Zenkichi is now a second year.
>Zenkichi "We're gonna have lots of new students this year... I wonder what Medaka is doing right now"
>Announcement: there will be a new chairman.
>Kenkichi "I wonder if Shiranui's going to retire..."

>The new chairman is... Medaka.
>Medaka "If you have any complaints, complain with all your heart!"
>Zen goes http://himazin.jp/image/day/file/07102801.jpg
>Kujira, who seems to know about what's going on "The Kurokami family has been appointed to supervise the school. Since the clone double (Hakama) for the chairman (Kajiki) is gone, and Hansode isn't the double of Medaka anymore, it's Medaka's turn now".
>Zenkichi "So my days with Medaka are going to continue after all..."
>3 first years "Thanks God you're still there, we enrolled to defeat you"
>Medaka "I have no idea what's going on."
>3 first years "Nobody understands us anyways."
>Medaka "Whatever, come at me"
>Medaka "Fin-"
>Medaka "I mean, "RIN (this was the charcater that appeared when she struck a pose, means something like -dignified, or dashing as it was translated I believe-)"
>-Bouquet toss to the future- arc, END. Coming next week...

It's probably more to do with them being full-on images. Text can be glossed over and all.

I totally get where he's coming from, though. I catch myself getting too excited and sometimes a panel here and there doesn't seem to cut it, just like when I felt like I had to share the entire page of the Gangsta ch. 11 (even though it didn't contain spoilers, just a nice heart warming moment). And on a positive note, the pages he posted totally made me want to check the manga out.

e: But yeah, should I ever get too excited, I hope you guys give me a slap on the wrist. I really don't want to annoy anyone here. GB did it when I read 7 Seeds and it was okay.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, the Medaka Box spoilers are weird

Supposedly the "Toss the Boquet to the Future" arc is over .. but the chapter ends with "See you next week"

wtf?

Remember that according to the rumours, it ends in the next 4 issues.

Dear god, Nisio is actually creating rumors so he can troll us even harder isn't he?

Same for me, if I post something you guys feel is a bit to revealing just let me know and I'll edit it out. Sorry I get excited a bit too easily at awesome things lol

Deadman Wonderland 12-19

Holy crap this is getting more crazy by the second, also the author really needed to save the red man reveal (for the audience) until way later. Having us know who it is while Ganta still doesn't know would be better suited for a mystery series and this has turned into a full blown fight series at this point.

Kurita

Just bought Hunter x Hunter vol.13, 14 and 15.
Finally, I'm about to start the Greed Island arc!
So glad I managed to avoid HxH spoilers for years :lol
Yorkshin City was fantastic.

Nisio vs Kubo: Who could troll harder?
Kubo does not troll, he´s not Oda.

WUT? I see you are watching the wrong series here

Exactly LOLOLOL
Come on, it´s dramatization and you know it
Chapter 1: Wow, this protagonist sucks, a total bitch. Well, since this is a long running manga I'm sure he develops into a boss later on.

Chapter 400something (end): "I'm the exact same as I was, but now I have friends"

Readers: ...

:dtl, nice.
Yes, KHR´s ending is the worst i have ever seen but the last 2 arcs explained so much.
I really want to read Deadman Wonderland now. Not sure why.
Do it.

Wiseblade

Just bought Hunter x Hunter vol.13, 14 and 15.
Finally, I'm about to start the Greed Island arc!
So glad I managed to avoid HxH spoilers for years :lol
Yorkshin City was fantastic.
OK!

Here goes.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. You can break free! At the End of Greed Island something will happen and you'll get a sudden case of the feels. At that precise moment, STOP READING.

YOU CAN BREAK THE CYCLE

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OK!

Here goes.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. You can break free! At the End of Greed Island something will happen and you'll get a sudden case of the feels. At that precise moment, STOP READING.

YOU CAN BREAK THE CYCLE

No, no he can't. The Chimera Ant arc is too good to skip. So is the election. He will join us soon enough.

I dunno - I definitely felt trolled when, after years of buildup, Aizen gets sealed by Urahara's kido.

A lot of shit in that arc made me feel trolled.

Stinky

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Part 1) v1-5

Interesting..very interesting.

Art is nuts, was weird but I liked it. Reminds me of Fist of the North Star... or pretty much any 80s manga. Definitely prefer Araki's newer art though.

I don't think any modern manga would get away with some of this stuff. Mr. Zeppeli shows up out of NOWHERE, and seems to be killed of randomly as well. There is a ton of fighting zombies and it can get really ridiculous.

Dio is a Griffith-level antagonist, dude is straight up evil. The ripple abilities were cool.

I'm liking part 2 so far, Joseph Joestar is a better JoJo so far IMO.

hNtjEGf.png

Stinky

No, no he can't. The Chimera Ant arc is too good to skip. So is the election. He will join us soon enough.

A lot of shit in that arc made me feel trolled.

I was convinced this was fake when I saw spoilers of it:

This

At least it was temporary..I didn't like any of Aizen's other forms either though. I didnt get why he wanted to transcend humanity or whatever. Seems to me like he just gave up the most broken shinigami abilities so he could play butterfly.

Oh and while I'm complaining, Ichigo's fullbring abilities got consecutively more stupid. Super Skeleton Sentai with matching tiny sword trumped even Sword Hands and Swastika Shuriken (I know, I know, but it was still dumb.)

PS: Final Getsuga was cool as shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I did. Wut.

CQEieF9.gif

I was convinced this was fake when I saw spoilers of it:

This

At least it was temporary..I didn't like any of Aizen's other forms either though. I didnt get why he wanted to transcend humanity or whatever. Seems to me like he just gave up the most broken shinigami abilities so he could play butterfly.

Oh and while I'm complaining, Ichigo's fullbring abilities got consecutively more stupid. Super Skeleton Sentai with matching tiny sword trumped even Sword Hands and Swastika Shuriken (I know, I know, but it was still dumb.)

PS: Final Getsuga was cool as shit.

Final Getsuga was Kubo spilling ink on the page and calling it a day. For all the shit we give Naruto, at least the attacks are more than just spilled ink.

bigkrev

Jintor said:
At least we got a fun Toonami lolwatch out of it. Shiny shiny~

Show died when Funi actually started giving them edited episodes, instead of them bleeping stuff out all the time.

15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu 12
Chapter with all of the feels. Now that they are a team again, can't wait for the next game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
CQEieF9.gif

Final Getsuga was Kubo spilling ink on the page and calling it a day. For all the shit we give Naruto, at least the attacks are more than just spilled ink.

I hate when people call me "son." At least when Hulk Hogan calls me "Brother" its kind of funny because he's the Hulkster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom