• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Oh yeah, I'm still reading the Century Soup arc (vol.10) the fight with Tommyrod is so violent, damn.
This arc is just so good...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After a bit of a delay, here's the US Jump TOC for April 8th 2013

Blue Exorcist
One Piece
Bleach
Naruto
World Trigger
Nisekoi
One-Punch Man
Dragon Ball
Cross Manage
Rurouni Kenshin Restoration

Previews: Toriko and One Piece

World Trigger 9
tumblr_mky882r2PT1qbxqfpo1_500.png
Pretty awesome chapter. To think the llgar self destructs on contact. I thought itd have some last effort laser blast from its mouth, but oh well. Replica really makes excellent suggestions and the chain thing combined with the various boosts really did make this worthwhile. Easily a favorite series in JUMP so for me.

Am hyped to see what this Yuichi Jin can do. He looks cool and awesome. Artist definitely knows how to make good character designs, Jin is up there with Jun Arashiyama for best looking.

Ah great color page and pages.

Countrouble 36

Groundhog
Valentine's
Day with T minus 1 chapter remaining. Usually the finale in these kinds of series is the MC hooking up with his waifu, but they did that ages ago.

D Frag 45

Me understood chapter. Me happy.

JJBA-Stone ocean

Wow, Jotaro is a real fucking asshole. father of the year material right there! Daughter sick and dieing? Fuck her, she can take of herself. Daughter accused of manslaughter and sent to jail? Flee the country and let her rot in jail. Daughter falls down the stairs and gets hurt? Who cares, she should watch wheres she's going.

Jolyne has every right to hate his guts for this. I would too. Jotaro is the worst JoJo, hes unlikeable. Seriously.

Stinky

Vagabond

Gorgeous.

Can't wait to get out of this farming stuff, but it is legitimately interesting. Inoue understands that there needs to be some passive time between action but he is taking it to an extreme.

Maybe when Musashi successfully grows something he'll reflect and learn how to be the Greatest (Farmer) Under the Sun.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
On a by-volume reread as they come in . . .

HunterxHunter VOL. 1

A little slower in retrospect, as far as volume's are concerned. This mainly has to do with going against OP's first volume though which was fresh in my head.

How bad ass is the panel of Gon saving the dude off the ship? Seriously gorgeous and incredible pacing inside the action. I love the mangaka's style so much. And damn, Hisoka is such a boss I can't wait for more of him. So much I've already forgotten. Can Volume 2 get here already?

Next up, berserk volume one and OP volume 2.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

HunterxHunter VOL. 1

A little slower in retrospect, as far as volume's are concerned. This mainly has to do with going against OP's first volume though which was fresh in my head.

How bad ass is the panel of Gon saving the dude off the ship? Seriously gorgeous and incredible pacing inside the action. I love the mangaka's style so much. And damn, Hisoka is such a boss I can't wait for more of him. So much I've already forgotten. Can Volume 2 get here already?

Next up, bleach volume one and OP volume 2.

Togashi is a master of the genre. Now if only he wasn't a lazy bastard...

HunterxHunter VOL. 1

Next up, berserk volume one and OP volume 2.

A user reading though HxH, Berserk, and OP at the same time, this doesn't sound healthy the overload of awesome may be too much for him

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
A user reading though HxH, Berserk, and OP at the same time, this doesn't sound healthy the overload of awesome may be too much for him

Would concur if I hadn't read all of them yet. I'm just rereading.

Still, you may be right and I may be unable to start Naruto again ;___;

One Piece doesn't quite measure up to the other two.

Maybe in parts, but I'll take Water 7 and Saobody everybody loses over most parts in HxH and Berserk.

dramatis

It is MONDAY, you guys. STOOOOOOOOP.

Silver Spoon 71
Even though the story isn't moving very much, somehow I'm not bothered.

Looks like Hachiken will have to face his father for the sake of love though.

Skypia was the shitest arc in shonen history imo. Pacing, characters and plot was just very subpar compared to Oda's previous arcs. I'm still amazed how Water 7/Enis Lobby changed my mind.

Most of the Marineford War can die in a ditch as well. All it had was Luffy getting knocked around like a ping pong ball by people beyond his level. If it wasn't for the importance to the plot and the death of a certain character I would have written it off as a terrible arc.

Wednesday has just begun.

Does Wednesday ever truly end?

Skypia was the shitest arc in shonen history imo. Pacing, characters and plot was just very subpar compared to Oda's previous arcs. I'm still amazed how Water 7/Enis Lobby changed my mind.

Most of the Marineford War can die in a ditch as well. All it had was Luffy getting knocked around like a ping pong ball by people beyond his level. If it wasn't for the importance to the plot and the death of a certain character I would have written it off as a terrible arc.

What is your opinion on Hueco Mundo and the White Invasion arcs?

FYC

Banned

I still haven't watched past Drum Island, but have you read Hitman Reborn?

I still haven't watched past Drum Island, but have you read Hitman Reborn?

Reborn is bad no doubt about that but it was laughably bad. Skypia is another story. That arc bored me so much that I had to skip it and each time I attempt to read it again I drop it a few chapters into the arc.

I've only managed to finish it recently and I can say that I want those minutes of my life back. Except for the very end vs Eneru that arc was terrible all around.

FYC

Banned
Reborn is bad no doubt about that but it was laughably bad. Skypia is another story. That arc bored me so much that I had to skip it and each time I attempt to read it again I drop it a few chapters into the arc.

I've only managed to finish it recently and I can say that I want those minutes of my life back. Except for the very end vs Eneru that arc was terrible all around.

Ah, okay. Was just curious :p

I'll find out for myself what those OP arcs are like, eventually. Then I can join wednesday-gaf.

The worst shounen arc I've ever read is the one in Freezing where the brother of the main girl tries to mind break her and turn her into his personal fuck toy. Nothing in the Big Three or KHR or even Fairy Tail comes close to how awful that was.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A DTL avatar that is not picturing two dudes making out or about to kiss? O___________O

Pinch me folks, for this must be dreamland!!!

What was so bad about Hitman Reborn?

Oh and currently Toriko >>> One Piece in terms of general excitement. The art in One Piece is generally much sharper though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut

So we've graduated to the food-gasms somehow including Pavarotti in a duck suit. Yeah.

Also, Soma being a smug snake Ace-type and constantly winning food battles in the same manner is sort of tiring.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The worst shounen arc I've ever read is the one in Freezing where the brother of the main girl tries to mind break her and turn her into his personal fuck toy. Nothing in the Big Three or KHR or even Fairy Tail comes close to how awful that was.

That would work but Freezing is a Seinen manga, not a Shonen one.

bigkrev

Food Smut

Duck suit orgasm was pretty great. I'm a pretty big fan of these Italian brothers, but super distracted by the fact they have Japanese names :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom