• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

hfZXoAl.png

That was okay, I guess. I wonder if Urahara observed Aizen's shenanigans. I don't believe that he bumped into Misaki just like that.

Bleach

Oh yeah Aizen is a great scientist since even though the experiment did not go as planned, he still follow up on his experiment on Misaki. He knew that she has a hollow riatsu inside of her after the bite.
Bwahahahaha, Aizen is quite the genius. Tousen hated when the hollow exploded, so Aizen made Kaname explode. Bwahahahahaha. Aizen you magnificent bastard :D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Aizen continues to be the best part of this flashback. Other than Aizen going all Aizen, not a whole lot happened.

lol... The Naruto reactions are great, I can't wait to read and see how bad it is.

I fully expect Orochimaru to pull some sort of heel-face-heel double turn. It's the only way to save this story.

Averon

Naruto 627

Wow. This chapter was terrible. Sauke sudden realization that he's been an asshole. Orochimaru becoming a Sauke fanboy (way to ruin the last decent character, Kishi). Fucking Karin appearing out of the blue forgiving Sauke for nearly killing her just like that. Again, just goddamn terrible writing all around.

This entire chapter smacks of being a rush job. It seems Kishi really, really wants to end this manga by the end of this year.

Also. Obito and Madara are so fucked.

Naruto 627

Wow. This chapter was terrible. Sauke sudden realization that he's been an asshole. Orochimaru becoming a Sauke fanboy (way to ruin the last decent character, Kishi). Fucking Karin appearing out of the blue forgiving Sauke for nearly killing her just like that. Again, just goddamn terrible writing all around.

This entire chapter smacks of being a rush job. It seems Kishi really, really wants to end this manga by the end of this year.

Also. Obito and Madara are so fucked.

Hey, give her a break, she´s an Uzumaki ;)

Jintor

Nana to Kaoru -up to date-

Jesus Christ that last breather was fucking intense. I was getting chills up my spine. A good, serious counterpoint to the levity of the dog arc. Hot damn. Another... What, two or three volumes left, hopefully? Don't want to overdo it...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

I don't get what was supposed to be bad about it. Oh wait, it's the same thread that chains posts OMG-reaction gifs when the guy in Minamoto doesn't have sex.

Naruto 627

I swear to mother fucking god, that if that ass hole Sauske is able to come back to the village and all if forgiven. I will fucking rage like I've never raged before!

Fuck that shit!

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto

I don't get what was supposed to be bad about it. Oh wait, it's the same thread that chains posts OMG-reaction gifs when the guy in Minamoto doesn't have sex.

Yeah nothing bad was about this, you are right lol.

And yeah it's also the same thread where one special person ( let's say you) can't hold his fingers on hold if he sees a Big One troll post. There has to be an answer. EVERYTIME.

Rorschach

While all the characters just plum forgiving Orochimaru/sasuke, and the overall feel-good vibe to the chapter is way off, I wouldn't exactly write Orochimaru in the "good guy" column yet. He could be plotting. He might feel he needs to protect Sasuke's body until he can take possession of it. Maybe he'll be the true last boss. I agree with the overall sentiment about the chapter, though. You can be the worst criminal in the history of the universe and still get a pass without even asking for forgiveness in Naruto.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah nothing bad was about this, you are right lol.

And yeah it's also the same thread where one special person ( let's say you) can't hold his fingers on hold if he sees a Big One troll post. There has to be an answer. EVERYTIME.

What does that have to do with anything?

While all the characters just plum forgiving Orochimaru/sasuke, and the overall feel-good vibe to the chapter is way off, I wouldn't exactly write Orochimaru in the "good guy" column yet. He could be plotting. He might feel he needs to protect Sasuke's body until he can take possession of it. Maybe he'll be the true last boss. I agree with the overall sentiment about the chapter, though. You can be the worst criminal in the history of the universe and still get a pass without even asking for forgiveness in Naruto.

Yeah fuck that! Orochimaru is a cannon mass murderer. He's kidnap children, killed them. That mother fucker can't get a talk no jutsu pass.

Naruto is no longer good or bad in my book it has gone pass that point .
It is now in i can't wait to see what level of fan fiction we going to get come true.
Four hokages going to fight is awesome fuck everything else .

Naruto 627

Hokages finally getting ready for action! Sasuke realizing to stop being (for now) a whiny dumbass and help defeat Madara was the best part. Don't understand why Karin came back, she can bugger off or get killed, not like anyone is going to miss her.

Can't wait for that incoming power up for Naruto from Minato.

Kusagari

Naruto

I'm not even going to start on how horrible this chapter was. Karin coming back and randomly forgiving Sasuke for leaving her to die was just the shit covered cherry to top it off.

Bleach

Nothing really happened but it's a million times better than this Naruto chapter.

KingJ2002

Bleach:

meh chapter. nothing really happens outside of the Masaki freak out at the end and Urahara showing up. A lot of day dreaming sequences here. I wish they could have shown the full Gotei 13... curious to see who was leading them.

Naruto:

lol... wellp. Im happy to see sasuke return to his senses... but yeah... this whole chapter feels so deus ex'd

Dysun

You guys really expect a one note character like Karin to not flock back to Sasuke? Really?

As far as the Sasuke 180, he has not acted the same since he met his edo tensei brother on the battlefield, it's not that bad.

I'm excited to see the Kages enter the battle. Madara is fucked

Bleach

Yeah, Aizen has definitely a hand in Misaki and Isshin getting together. Not directly but he would have facilitated it and made it easier with or without their knowledge for the benefit of his scientific experience.

Bleach

Nothing really happened but it's a million times better than this Naruto chapter.

Oh come on man, we know for a fact that quincy were still actively hunted from the thoughts of Misaki. It´s flashing out her, Aizen´s, and Isshin´s character. How can that be nothing happened?

Kusagari

Oh come on man, we know for a fact that quincy were still actively hunted from the thoughts of Misaki. It´s flashing out her, Aizen´s, and Isshin´s character. How can that be nothing happened?

I mean...yeah, I guess stuff happened but it could have easily been condensed in half the pages. Flashback needs more Aizen.

Averon

I guess Naruto and Sasuke could have a friendly match to settle who's the better between the two. But, eh. The fight, if it happens, will have far less impact and tension now.

PK Gaming

Naruto

anger for the sake of anger? sasuke underwent a massive change, so its understandable that some people wouldn't be cool with this, but on the other hand the first hokage cleared up all of his doubts so and sasuke came to that decision on his own so...

if i'm being honest with myself, i didn't hate the chapter

the only pitfalls were orochimaru uncharacteristically riding sasuke's dick and karin immediately forgiving sasuke for being a scumbug. i was hoping she'd betray and get some of her dignity back, but NOPE.

anger for the sake of anger? sasuke underwent a massive change, so its understandable that some people wouldn't be cool with this, but on the other hand the first hokage cleared up all of his doubts so...

the only pitfalls were orochimaru uncharacteristically riding sasuke's dick and karin immediately forgiving sasuke for being a scumbug. i was hoping she'd betray and get some of her dignity back, but NOPE.

She's a woman. In Naruto. They don't have any dignity. Sakura still wants Sasuke's sauce.

Erigu

[Naruto]

Eh. Sure. Why not.
And Orochimaru, too. Think we'll get around to hear why he really attacked the village and behaved like a villain in the first place, now that we know he-never-really-was-such-a-bad-guy?
And yup, it wasn't a bad dream: Karin is back to being in love with Sasuke, and you can forget about how she once refreshingly seemed to have gone over that particular infatuation.

I guess Minato's "big present" is Kurama's other half? If so, there goes my theory about it being inside Sasuke (but what was up with all that foreshadowing, then? what are you going to do with it, Kishimoto?)...

Angry Grimace

anger for the sake of anger? sasuke underwent a massive change, so its understandable that some people wouldn't be cool with this, but on the other hand the first hokage cleared up all of his doubts so...

I guess that's the problem. When something seems unlikely, even in a shonen, I think the usual reaction would be to be skeptical of it (e.g. Orochimaru just saying "I reformed lol").

[Naruto]

Eh. Sure. Why not.
And Orochimaru, too. Think we'll get around to hear why he really attacked the village and begaved like a villain in the first place, now that we know he-never-really-was-such-a-bad-guy?
And yup, it wasn't a bad dream: Karin is back to being in love with Sasuke, and you can forget about how she once refreshingly seemed to have gone over that particular infatuation.

I guess Minato's "big present" is Kurama's other half? If so, there goes my theory about it being inside Sasuke (but what as up with all that foreshadowing, then?)...

I'm not sure why Minato's zombie would just have it sitting around. I sort of figured it would just like, float, back to Kurama or something. :lol

And I LOVE how fucking EVERYONE is on Sasuke's nuts now.

And Kishi has Karin forgive him for stabbing her in the heart? LOL, gtfo!

Isn't Sakura explicitly in love with Sasuke also? He attempted to murder her too. I don't think the author entirely understands the unfortunate implications of that. But I also am highly suspicious that Karin simply straight up forgave Sasuke either.

Yonafunu

I don't think this is the case. Masaki didn't know what Isshin would do if she told him she was a Quincy. So the Quincy weren't actively being hunted at that point. If they were, Masaki wouldn't have told him she was a Quincy, and would have known to stay away from him.

Averon

Yeah. I guess this is my biggest issue as well. I can sort of understand that Sasuke's change can be explained by him meeting his brother again. And Karin can be explained away as always being insane, so her actions this chapter could be tolerable in the context of the character. But Orochimaru massive character change I just cannot buy. Him becoming a Sasuke groupie and completely abandoning his ambitions cannot be easily explained away.

"Kabuto copied me and Sauke didn't, so I guess I'll follow Sasuke around and abandon everything I tried to achieve over the past 30 odd years."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom