• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orochimaru is smart and so is Sasuke you join the side that has 4 of the strongest character in Naruto.
If i remember right Oro was saying he was no longer in full control of Hashirama .
Everyone there became the 4 Hokage bitches like how it should be .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orochimaru is smart and so is Sasuke you join the side that has 4 of the strongest character in Naruto.
If i remember right Oro was saying he was no longer in full control of Hashirama .

I imagine he could still dismiss him though, although I'm fuzzy on how exactly the technique works.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Naruto

I cannot believe Kishi just retconned like years and years and years and years of development on Sasuke to this bullshit. LOL.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

I cannot believe Kishi just retconned like years and years and years and years of development on Sasuke to this bullshit. LOL.

A heel-face isn't a retcon. A retcon is if say, Orochimaru was actually helping the village the whole time or something. It's just a heel-face turn, and I'm fairly suspicious of all of them so far. In any case, I don't agree that the plot was ever built up to frame Sasuke as a straight evil villain.

Can't Tobirama at the least do the same shit Madara did?

Sure, but there's three more of them that presumably don't know how to do that.

Averon

I hope that's the case, because the alternative is that Orochimaro did a complete 180 because Sasuke didn't copy him and Kabuto did.
I mean...LOL. It say that's laughable is really, really underselling it.

Steroyd

anger for the sake of anger? sasuke underwent a massive change, so its understandable that some people wouldn't be cool with this, but on the other hand the first hokage cleared up all of his doubts so and sasuke came to that decision on his own so...

What rubs me the wrong way, is that Sasuske got his revenge against Itachi, then he got his revenge again against Danzou, had a talk with Itachi after all the revelations (where he still declared that he was going to crush the leaf afterwards)... and it's this that makes him reflect and change his mind? Wut!?

And the cherry on the cake, was Orochimaru and Karin turning into Sasuske cheerleaders, okay fair point Karin is female but if Oro isn't planning something sneaky in the shadows, I don't even...

I don't think this is the case. Masaki didn't know what Isshin would do if she told him she was a Quincy. So the Quincy weren't actively being hunted at that point. If they were, Masaki wouldn't have told him she was a Quincy, and would have known to stay away from him.

Which was brave of her. Yes, they were actively hunted by the shinigami. which means the Ishidas were not in a truce with the shinigami yet. Have you not read her thought and seen her hesitation? Besides why would Isshin lie if that was not the case?

Defuser

Naruto

ibnyXTuR7OwZS2.gif

Angry Grimace

What rubs me the wrong way, is that Sasuske got his revenge against Itachi, then he got his revenge again against Danzou, had a talk with Itachi after all the revelations (where he still declared that he was going to crush the leaf afterwards)... and it's this that makes him reflect and change his mind? Wut!?

And the cherry on the cake, was Orochimaru and Karin turning into Sasuske cheerleaders, okay fair point Karin is female but if Oro isn't planning something sneaky in the shadows, I don't even...

The story did at least somewhat relate to Itachi. That said, face-heel revolving doors aren't uncommon in this genre; see Piccolo, Vegeta, Grimmjow, etc.

Naruto 627

So Sasuke's a good guy now, right? At least he isn't being stupid and going against his dead brother's will anymore, for now. Oro seems to have turned good as well.

Bleach 533

Aizen ships Masaki x Isshin and Ichigo is their morphed love-child. The hollow turns out to be created from a dead Shinigami. Needs a better translation though. I refuse to call it Whitey. Interested to see what Urahara cooks up.

Naruto

What's worse is that even Orochimaru is ruined. He's all like "m'kay, lets do this. Why not. Could be fun! Right, Sarutobi-sensei? :D"

You do realize that Orochimaru has no motivation here either way, right? He has only ever had 3 goals. Revenge against the third, maintaining homeostasis, and research. He completed the first two, and following these guys is the best opportunity for the 3rd.

People that think Oro was the best villain in Naruto also need to recognize that he was driven purely by pettiness and that he is ostensibly a scientist once that's gone.

People might have mistaken his flippant attitude as mystery early on, but it's really a result of his scientific objectivity.

Steroyd

The story did at least somewhat relate to Itachi. That said, face-heel revolving doors aren't uncommon in this genre; see Piccolo, Vegeta, Grimmjow, etc.

No it's not uncommon, but there were better opportunities prior to this where you could actually buy it that he'd switch sides.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53396883]You do realize that Orochimaru has no motivation here either way, right? He has only ever had 3 goals. Revenge against the third, maintaining homeostasis, and research. He completed the first two, and following these guys is the best opportunity for the 3rd.

People that think Oro was the best villain in Naruto also need to recognize that he was driven purely by pettiness and that he is ostensibly a scientist once that's gone.[/QUOTE]

Didn't he want the Sharingan so he can learn every ninjitsu out there?

rouken

One Piece is out

there is a lot going on this chapter, a lot of people are complaining that we didn't get to see the other groups, well there you go. :)

so the blind guy (or not) is really an admiral, i think the marines will sabotage the tournament which will preempt the fight between burgess and lucy if it comes to that. and im really excited about the new characters in the colosseum.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece

Just more of a setup chapter letting us see what's going on with everyone else.

I'll wait until a better translation pops up as I'm sure there were a few things in there that may have more of a meaning when translated properly.

Akito

One Piece
So much is going on again, the toy soldier is suspicious, the Bartolomeo seems like trouble. Fujitora seems like a decent guy if he's that concerned about the safety of the civilians. So the fairies exist after all? And then there's the CP-Aigis0, what?
I really like Robin's new outfit, Nami still doesn't want to put on more than a bikini I see.

Yonafunu

Another point of note...it's likely Aizen didn't kill Tousen back in FKT like we originally believed....he blew up the EXACT same way this hollow did.

It looked completely different though.

Which was brave of her. Yes, they were actively hunted by the shinigami. which means the Ishidas were not in a truce with the shinigami yet. Have you not read her thought and seen her hesitation? Besides why would Isshin lie if that was not the case?

I think we have different definitions of 'actively hunting'. I mean Soul Society wasn't actively going out looking for Quincy. Of course they'd still probably capture one if they found him, but that's it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53396883]You do realize that Orochimaru has no motivation here either way, right? He has only ever had 3 goals. Revenge against the third, maintaining homeostasis, and research. He completed the first two, and following these guys is the best opportunity for the 3rd.

People that think Oro was the best villain in Naruto also need to recognize that he was driven purely by pettiness and that he is ostensibly a scientist once that's gone.

People might have mistaken his flippant attitude as mystery early on, but it's really a result of his scientific objectivity.[/QUOTE]

I think I already questioned Orochimaru's involvement quite a while ago, yes.

Stinky

One Piece
I'll wait until a better translation pops up as I'm sure there were a few things in there that may have more of a meaning when translated properly.

No kidding, I like how the panda translations have been correctly calling it "Green Bit" for a couple weeks and suddenly change to "Green Pit" this chapter.

Its been written in english before! Its like calling Guts "Gattsu"

Dressrosa_map.png

Also this is nitpicking but its confusing when they leave Law's nickname as "Tora", I know thats technically correct but it took me a bit to figure out last time.

Oh and calling Kinemon's topknot style hair a "hat". lol.

IHaveIce

Banned
Like I already assumed way too much is going on in one chapter to explain everycharacter that was introduced in this arc it would take another 100 chapters. It just becomes too cluttered

One Piece
God it was much harder to read this chapter because of it fucking bad translation .
Don't like the idea of CP0 even if they were added after the time skip .
Also Brook getting a piece of the lap pillow action was awesome lol
Can't wait to see chaos that going to happen with all these parties here.

Kurita

One Piece

God damn, so much stuff going on, all these powerful characters on the same island and seems like the Marine is coming. I guess they will interrupt the tournament.
Can't wait to see what will happen.

Stinky

One Piece

Who is on the Sunny? Seems like a stowaway from Punk Hazard?

Could be the harpy lady. (Only say that since she is the only character not accounted for in the post-arc party. And of course she didnt die, this is One Piece)

Raxus

So far we have
A Yonko crewmate (thanks gundam)
An Admiral
CP Aegis 0
Luffy's crew
Doflamingo

Shit has to be going down in the next chapters

One Piece 705

I just want to follow the Ceaser delivery team if only because of Robin and how Usopp/Ceaser might actually get along somewhat.

Also Law with those shades and dat mustache.

One Piece

Love it. Love it love it love it. This arc is moving fast so far it seems which I like. Can't wait to see what's happening with all these different plots.

<3 Robin

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I thought Punk Hazard dialled up the insanity stakes for power-players, but this Dress Rosa arc is even more fucking packed to the gills. Admirals, Black Beard crew member, CP0... shit is gonna go down.

One Piece

Pretty good chapter and somewhat exciting. I loved Robin's outfit and it's great to see that the admiral isn't a total asshole and actually cared about the citizens. I still wish that Oda would stop craming so much stuff into one chapter. The part with Zoro was absolutely not needed.

Stinky

One Piece 705

I just want to follow the Ceaser delivery team if only because of Robin and how Usopp/Ceaser might actually get along somewhat.

Also Law with those shades and dat mustache.

The disguises are fantastic. Its the perfect essense of comic humour.

My favourite is Caesar's, which is a massive scarf, shades and a tophat.. but he still has a coat with GAS GAS shown.

Kinemon should stick around just for his Deus Ex Clothes-ina powers

One Piece

There is way, way too much stuff going on.

Fujitora seems like he'll be a Kuzan like admiral.

Yep he seems to be not extreme and he under Akainu which shows they still got some good guys at the top .

Side note it also funny that the VA has the last name of the Maynard which is the last name of the person who kill BB in real life and he get one shot this chapter .

So far we have
A warlord's crewmate
An Admiral
CP Aegis 0
Luffy's crew
Doflamingo

Shit has to be going down in the next chapters

You mean a Yonko crew mate .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bleach:
Hnnnngh Masaki.

Naruto:
Sasuke's revelation needed to happen right after Itachi's death some hundred chapters ago. Way overdue.

One Piece:
This is like if each games of thrones chapter was split between every single POV in the book.

a.k.a stupid

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Damn, I have no idea what's going to happen now. So much crazy stuff.
Looks like I was wrong about the blind man, he is Fujitora. At least he seems like a good person, concerned about the citizens.
By the way, tell the Panda translator that drain cleaner is not a suitable substitute for coffee. Seriously, they don't even proofread stuff like "Protext"

Sasuke

Talk no jutsu is the best jutsu. I am wondering if there is gonna be another Sasuke x Naruto fight.

Bleach

Dat Aizen and dat Urahara. So little happened this chapter.

One Piece

So much stuff going on with all the Strawhats. It makes me think that Oda wont add a new Strawhat.

One Piece

LOVED IT. I don't get why people are always complaining about setup chapter all the time. This is the world. I like knowing more. I like how the main characters aren't just the only people who matter. I enjoy that each character actually has some significance unlike 90% of other shonen where only the main character matters.

Can't wait to see the new Rookie, he looks incredibly strong to quietly take out a Vice Admiral and I still think there's some significance to his name being so close to Kuma's...also, no one is mentioning CP-0! Or the fact someone appears to be on the ship. Also, Nami and Robin this chapter...*thumbs up*

PK Gaming

Sasuke

Talk no jutsu is the best jutsu. I am wondering if there is gonna be another Sasuke x Naruto fight.

Bleach

Dat Aizen and dat Urahara. So little happened this chapter.

One Piece

So much stuff going on with all the Strawhats. It makes me think that Oda wont add a new Strawhat.

Sasuke wasn't TnJ'd though

he came to the decision on his own
(besides, the only "TRUE" practitioner of TnJ is Naruto)

rouken

I really have no problem with having so much things going on in one chapter. I do prefer it rather than having a chapter with very little content and can be read in just a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom