• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusRJR

Just got hooked on the Reborn anime since I resubbed to Crunchyroll. Does the anime cover the entire manga, or do I have to read the manga after a certain arc? Also, how is the manga compared to the anime? I'll probably read the manga a month or two after I finish off the anime.

Really?

I had my router set to WPA and it says that my internet security is not compatible.

Once I set it to WEP I was fine though.
In terms of everything DSi/3DS it can handle WPA, but anything DS is still stuck to WEP. I'm still baffled Nintendo stuck with WEP during the DS lite/DS Phat days.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Precisely. You're supposed to use "Connection settings".

Goddamn, could have sworn there was a prompt that made me think that's not where I want to do my connection stuff.

They have separate setting for DS and 3ds connections though? That's kinda weird.

Kreed

Vagabond 310:

Anyone else getting bored with all the rice patty farming? Not that I necessarily want to see "action" or anything, but this just seems like the story is being stalled.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, makes sense then. Didn't know about the DS restrictions. Would have thought they would unify it.

They weren't kidding about the XL screens. Terrible PPI. Other than that I'm liking it so far.

Speaking of the Attack on Titan manga, can anyone recommend any similar titles?

Mai Chan's Daily Life

Terra Formars

I feeeel my brain melting due to the overwhelming stupid. Am I supposed to be taking this seriously?

Why are these roaches so over fucking powered? Why are the cute girls dieing? Why?!

You just don't get the subtler socio-politico-economic undertones, man.

Vagabond 310:

Anyone else getting bored with all the rice patty farming? Not that I necessarily want to see "action" or anything, but this just seems like the story is being stalled.

Not really, this is more central to Musashi's character than fighting Kojiro. He's not just some dude that walked up and down the coast and killed guys, he's arguably the most influential philosopher in Japanese history.

FYC

Banned
Just got hooked on the Reborn anime since I resubbed to Crunchyroll. Does the anime cover the entire manga, or do I have to read the manga after a certain arc? Also, how is the manga compared to the anime? I'll probably read the manga a month or two after I finish off the anime.

The anime doesn't cover the entire manga, only up to the Future arc.

Almost everyone here thinks Reborn is garbage, I even made this comic just last page to make fun of it(spoilers)

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53373591]
Not really, this is more central to Musashi's character than fighting Kojiro. He's not just some dude that walked up and down the coast and killed guys, he's arguably the most influential philosopher in Japanese history.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this. It's not easy for people who doesn't know his history to get this part of him though.

Musashi's also an accomplished artist.

Kobokumeigekizu.jpg

Wiseblade

I cannot believe they don't have a god damned account system yet

The DS's situation was atrocious. Having to re-register people separately for each individual game was a joke. It didn't really affect me personally since I only registered friends for Pokémon games, but I could still see how it was stupid. The Wii was arguably worse. It had system-wide friend codes, BUT NO GAMES USED THEM.

At least the 3DS actually uses its system-wide friend codes and the only time you'll ever see them is when you're adding people on forums and whatnot. Doesn't the Wii U have proper accounts though?

Akito

Haikyuu!! Character Popularity Poll Results
Total Votes = 26370 (1 person could vote for 3 characters)

1. Kageyama Tobio (6639)
2. Hinata Shouyou (6058)
3. Nishinoya Yuu (5704)
4. Sugawara Koushi (5568)
5. Oikawa Tooru (5050)
6. Kuroo Tetsurou (4035)
7. Azumane Asuhi (3418)
8. Tsukishima Kei (3407)
9. Tanaka Ryuunosuke (3384)
10. Kozume Kenma (3256)

wonzo

Banned
Mai-chan's Daily Life

Well now, I've always wondered where a certain panel came from and now I know that it's from the last chapter, funny that.

why

Kurita

1. Kageyama Tobio (6639)
2. Hinata Shouyou (6058)
3. Nishinoya Yuu (5704)
5. Oikawa Tooru (5050)
6. Kuroo Tetsurou (4035)
7. Azumane Asuhi (3418)
8. Tsukishima Kei (3407)
10. Kozume Kenma (3256)

Called it.
Prediction : 1) Kageyama 2) Tanaka 3) Hinata or Nishinoya
Though... smh at Tanaka's ranking, dude's one of the best characters.

Rin (Harold Sakuishi)

This is pretty good. It's a manga about an aspiring mangaka by the guy who did Beck. Sort of like Bakuman but actually nice to read.

MarkusRJR

The anime doesn't cover the entire manga, only up to the Future arc.

Almost everyone here thinks Reborn is garbage, I even made this comic just last page to make fun of it(spoilers)
That comic is shockingly accurate (just reached future arc), lol. I don't think it's terrible per say, but not good either. Too be honest I just want some semblance of closure in regards to story and that's my driving force for finishing the series.

Kurita

Reborn Spoilers
Tsuna is still worthless at the end of the manga

400 chapters for this. Well, I bailed out during the future arc but I read that last chapter.

Yonafunu

I actually didn't mind the Reborn ending itself. I thought Tsuna still being the same dumbass at the end was a nice change from all of those shounen endings where everyone becomes a badass.
The rest was absolutely horrid though. Soooo bad. Ugh.

MarkusRJR

Reborn Spoilers
Tsuna is still worthless at the end of the manga, he even admits it.

400 chapters for this. Well, I bailed out during the future arc but I read that last chapter.
Oh for fucks sake. This is going to be a long 100+ episodes and probably 200+ chapters. What a way to troll readers/watchers. I really wanna bail out but I'm already invested in the series. Fuck.

MarkusRJR

The slice of life comedy was the best part of Reborn.
And the 20yo Lambo.
By 20yo Lambo you mean the Lambo 20 years in the future? If so, yeah he was the only legit badass in the show (at least as far as I've gone). Does he show up often in any of the future arcs I'll be reading/watching? I just started the future arc.

The slice of life comedy was the best part of Reborn.
And the 20yo Lambo.

Future Tsuna and most of the future versions of the Vongola were the real MCs of Reborn!

Seriously I'm still mad that we never saw a badass Tsuna in adult form. He ended up being no good Tsuna all the way to the end and never changed unless he went into Hyper mode.

Crap, i pressed some key on my keyboard and now all the posts are bigger and not in New Time Roman like the rest of the forum. I cannot remember what key i pressed and i am stuck with this :(

Kurita

By 20yo Lambo you mean the Lambo 20 years in the future? If so, yeah he was the only legit badass in the show (at least as far as I've gone). Does he show up often in any of the future arcs I'll be reading/watching? I just started the future arc.
He only shows up once against Leviathan (so, the fight you saw). Then we never see him again.

MarkusRJR

He only shows up once against Leviathan (so, the fight you saw). Then we never see him again.
I am legit pissed now. I was under the assumption I'd see him a ton in the future arc. Fuck this shit. I'm legit contemplating forcing myself to stop watching this, and I'm one of those people who can't stop reading/watching/playing something once I've started.

FYC

Banned
I actually didn't mind the Reborn ending itself. I thought Tsuna still being the same dumbass at the end was a nice change from all of those shounen endings where everyone becomes a badass.
The rest was absolutely horrid though. Soooo bad. Ugh.

My main problem was how it was set up to be this grand final fight, but... Well... It seemed like Tsuna would actually become the boss and he was finally showing resolve. Then we get to the fight with Bermuda vs Tsuna and it seems like we're going to move on to a huge battle with Checker Face. Ah, the finale that's been hyped up for so long! This is gonna be awesome!

However, Checker Face comes out of nowhere, reveals himself to be the Noodle Shop guy from the Future Arc and is a fucking alien from a race that came before humans. Oh, and so is Yuni. What the everloving fuck? Then, out comes Talbot, starring as Deus Ex Machina, who prevents the Arcobaleno sacrifice with a "container" of fucking bullshit he pulled out his ass. The end. Everyone is happy, Tsuna doesn't become the boss, they all live happily ever after

What what WHAT

Stinky

I am legit pissed now. I was under the assumption I'd see him a ton in the future arc. Fuck this shit. I'm legit contemplating forcing myself to stop watching this, and I'm one of those people who can't stop reading/watching/playing something once I've started.

Ah, just stop if you're not enjoying it. There is so much anime and manga available its pointless to finish something for the hell of it. You can always come back to it as well.

Useful as hell when trying to read asian characters

Ctrl+ is Old Person Mode.

Like in Malcolm in the Middle when Reese was reading the book at the old folks home.

Jump Issue #20 TOC

Toriko (Cover, Lead CP)
Assassination Classroom
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma
W.C. Friends (Center Colour, Oneshot 21.pg.)
Nisekoi
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Kuroko no Basket (Center Colour)
Naruto
World Trigger
Sket Dance
Bleach
Haikyuu!! (Center Colour, Character Popularity Poll Results)
Beelzebub
Gintama
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Medaka Box
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker

Jump Issue #21 Information
Lead CP/Cover: Kochikame
Center Colour: Bleach, DARK PAWN (Oneshot, 45pg.), Brand New School Day (Oneshot 21pg.)

World Trigger seems to consistently do better than Bleach...poor Ichigo though Yuma > Ichigo, imo. Who are the authors behind all these one shots? Or is that unknown?

Reborn is really good series, my personal favorite in the genre. Tsuna is still memorable and all of his family members are quite funny. The anime is really funny and good even if it stops two arcs short of the ending (great voice actors and comedy all throughout).

Manga is worth checking out as Akira Amano is good at drawing great moments of the characters and all of their weapons and what not.

1. Kageyama Tobio (6639)
2. Hinata Shouyou (6058)
3. Nishinoya Yuu (5704)
5. Oikawa Tooru (5050)
6. Kuroo Tetsurou (4035)
7. Azumane Asuhi (3418)
8. Tsukishima Kei (3407)
10. Kozume Kenma (3256)

Kenma ought to be higher, though all my favorites are in the top 10 (Kageyama, Hinata, Nishinoya, Oikawa, Kuroo, Tsuki!, Kenma)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom