• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

well this is inevitable..

One Punch Man (Just Saitama) >>>>>>>>>> Dragonball >> Toriko >>> One Piece >>>>> Naruto >>>>>>>>> Bleach

Azure J

well this is inevitable..

One Punch Man (Just Saitama) >>>>>>>>>> Dragonball >> Toriko >>> One Piece >>>>> Naruto >>>>>>>>> Bleach

Not that I want to entertain franchise power scaling arguments, but how does Bleach rank so low? On top of DBZ esque shit going on, don't they usually deal with destruction at a soul's level? I'd imagine that straight up destruction wise, it doesn't get more thorough than that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not that I want to entertain franchise power scaling arguments, but how does Bleach rank so low? On top of DBZ esque shit going on, don't they usually deal with destruction at a soul's level? I'd imagine that straight up destruction wise, it doesn't get more thorough than that.

You're saying this like it is such a horrible thing to do, hahaha.

It's a fun way to pass time :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What gave you impression you could control wood?
ilvcztjpg.png

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What gave you impression you could control wood?
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/Kusagari/ilvcztjpg.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
The sharingan sure can.
[quote="AlphaDragoon, post: 53491860"]Yeah, but let's be real. He'd try that shit on SSJ3 Goku and find that somehow, you can in fact break a rubber hand.[/QUOTE]
A+

Toriko 229

Haha, I love how all fights with immortal people lead to them being trapped in some kind of fate worse than death. It was awesome in Yu Yu Hakusho and it's awesome here.

ElFly

Honestly I can't blame Sasuke for trying to get a second opinion and ask the first hokage himself about the village.

Dude has been lied to non stop by Madara himself; even if his dead brother comes back to life and tells him stuff, it'd be prudent to double check.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is literally worse than the "can Ser Loras beat Brienne of Tarth in a sword fight" discussion in the Game of Thrones thread.

Kusagari

Toriko

Did this cat Buranchi just say that he can move at mach 30,000 for a little bit?

Holy shit the power levels in Toriko are getting insane.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Insane power levels make my eyes roll, e.g. once Vegeta showed up and was flying and threatening to blow the world up, it was already getting fucking stupid.

Power level discussions are always bullshit and even worse when other series are brought in.

Just saying "Goku vs. Superman" has reached meme status to indicate that conversation is occurring.

Toriko

Did this cat Buranchi just say that he can move at mach 30,000 for a little bit?

Holy shit the power levels in Toriko are getting insane.

Still not as impressive as a guy that can devastate planets with a single strand of hair.

We're entering some ridiculous territory here. It's getting to the point where it will be impossible to truly visually convey just how powerful these people are like certain Medaka Box characters. I can't imagine what the Gourmet World will be like.

ElFly

Dudes you have a rough conversion between OP and DBZ power levels available.

One Piece said:
A common armed soldier on average has around 10 Doriki,

Dragon Ball Z said:
The ostrich farmer notices something falling from the sky to his field, so he drives there in his truck and is incapacitated very quickly. He has a gun that he tries to use to kill Raditz, but the Saiyan catches the bullet and fires it back with a flick of his thumb, which hits the farmer and sends him flying into his truck. The farmer had Power Level of 5 (more than a calm Gohan, but much less than even the weakest Z Warriors

So let's assume the farmer is half a trained soldier, and then scouter power levels are exactly dorikis.

Which means that Lucci had a power level of 4000. Well under Goku's 9000 (or 8000) that Nappa read on his scouter, but still above Yamcha's 1500.

Yamcha definitely cannot take on the OP world, guys.

Kusagari

Still not as impressive as a guy that can devastate planets with a single strand of hair.

We're entering some ridiculous territory here. It's getting to the point where it will be impossible to truly visually convey just how powerful these people are like certain Medaka Box characters. I can't imagine what the Gourmet World will be like.

That's the thing since Sani/Buranchi are obviously nothing compared to characters like Midora or Setsuna. I'm really curious to see how the fights are going to be when the real top tiers get involved.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can Jaime Lannister beat Ascherit without his hax tentacle swords?

Angry Grimace

Game of Thrones spoiler--
one hand or two hands
?

The reason I thought it was Brienne was because they were questioning whether her martial skill was higher with a morningstar or a sword.

I don't think DBZ vs One Piece isn't especially fair.

With that said, I'm going to give One Piece an edge if only because it doesn't take 10 episodes for Luffy to use Jet Gattling. :3

In all seriousness, I feel like if we're going to compare power levels, especially against other series, One Piece and Naruto come pretty close to being well matched.

So let's assume the farmer is half a trained soldier, and then scouter power levels are exactly dorikis.

Which means that Lucci had a power level of 4000. Well under Goku's 9000 (or 8000) that Nappa read on his scouter, but still above Yamcha's 1500.

This is amazing.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Goku vs a logia user?
Goku would just blow up the planet. See, Majin Buu was basically a Logia user except more hax. Goku dished out the pain on that bitch using the handy dandy spirit bomb.

Not to mention Goku basically breathes conquerors haki and shit like that so I'm guessing he demolishes a Logia with so much as a fart.

TLDR; I'm sure Bulma could one-shot Akainu

IHaveIce

Banned
Hey let's compare character out of different manga universes with totally different power aspects.

New low for MangaGAF even worse than waifu shit.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

*CONVERSIONS*
This is incredible.

In other words Post Timeskip Luffy is about 40,000

Freeza was lamping on 1 million and he was weaker than tots in later DBZ so I guess we can wrap this conversation up brehs.

Lain

[Ureshino Megumi] Misuzu and Hina

A story of true lesbian love triumphing over severe disability.

That's the
no limbs
one right? At least that pic reminds me of that one.

Edit: lol "reading" the pic I see it's mentioned there. I'm so blind.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Goku would just blow up the planet. See, Majin Buu was basically a Logia user except more hax. Goku dished out the pain on that bitch using the handy dandy spirit bomb.

Not to mention Goku basically breathes conquerors haki and shit like that so I'm guessing he demolishes a Logia with so much as a fart.

TLDR; I'm sure Bulma could one-shot Akainu

Pfffft, you think Luffy would let him even get the time to charge up that spirit bomb? His only answer to anything is to just punch the shit out of it.

Goku would have to go into GT levels of stupid to win. And that is stupid.

Vegeta would probably just kill himself in hopes of saving everyone but nothing happens and then he's just dead again.

On the other hand, seriously, hottest character of them all?

I'm going wild card videl here. Her and nico go toe to toe.

Brunettes, brah. Brunettes.

Apath

Yamcha was definitely 10x stronger (minimum) than he was against the Saiyans by the beginning of the Android saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom