• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

I'm happy. It's good to see things come full circle. The sauce has been ruled by his ricidulous emotions this entire time, and it's nice to see him being level headed. He and Naruto are going to fight, yes. But it's gonna be for the title of 6th Hokage.
I hope.

A couple of things to note about the chapter. Why are people pretending that the flashback had no relevance? It was a combination of Sasuke's battle with Kabuto along with Itachi, actually RETURNING to the village and remembering his time there, and the talk with the Kage. He also found out about the Uchiha "curse". It's not really hard to see why he would finally snap out of it, right? He's always been about doing things his way, and he loves his brother more than anyone. Not succumbing to the circle of hatred and protecting Konoha allows him to be who he is, as well as protecting his brother's legacy. I'm glad it turned out that way, and I can't want to see Naruto and Sauske bro-down on the battlefield. It's been too long.

In regards to Karin, seriously? People actually cared about her? She's a terrible, one trick pony who offered nothing to this story at ALL except for chakra that saved Sasuke's life. It would have been nice to see something more from her eventually, but it's silly to get upset because she flip-flopped, I think.

This is the first time I've been more excited for Naruto than One Piece in awhile. I can't wait to see what happens next. :D

One Piece

I'm going to need to reread this. There was a LOT of stuff going on. Also, blind guy is Fujitora. It'll be interesting to see how he gets involved. The Strawhat Pirates aren't a match for an Admiral yet, even WITH Law there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In Jump Superstars Ichigo is only on par with Luffy when he should be able to slice him in two no problem because fuck rubber.

Worst game ever.

(Is this a real complaint?)

Korosenai

One Piece

New Vice Admiral guy one shotting a rookie. Nice.

Last page

XjCLrQz.png

The Vice Admiral one shot the Rookie's advisor, then the rookie one shot the Vice Admiral.

Wiseblade

(Is this a real complaint?)

Kind of. It's also pretty boring. It doesn't go nearly far enough with characters bouncing off of each other. That stuff was much more interesting than ALL THE SHONEN ATTACKS AT ONCE stuff, especially when you know that all has to end in a tie.

It's kind of lame. The Dragonball crowd get nerfed hard and The Toriko group get buffed to match up to the Strawhats. Because Super Saiyan 3 is totally on the same level as Elephant Gatling. ¬_¬

Uhh I dunno if I'd say the Toriko cast got buffed, the heavenly kings at this point in the Toriko story line are crazy powerful. Honestly what do you think is more powerful elephant Gatling or a 36 twin nail punch? Gourmet cells make Toriko power levels stupidly easy to raise

Also you have to nerf the DBZ cast though to be fair Goku himself was always self nerfing from the Android saga on to let other people have a chance at glory. I always got the feeling Goku was holding back until the very end when he realized "crap this thing is actually dangerous"

Korosenai

Uhh I dunno if I'd say the Toriko cast got buffed, the heavenly kings at this point in the Toriko story line are crazy powerful. Honestly what do you think is more powerful elephant Gatling or a 36 twin nail punch? Gourmet cells make Toriko power levels stupidly easy to raise
And now Sunny has his Satan Hair.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's kind of lame. The Dragonball crowd get nerfed hard and The Toriko group get buffed to match up to the Strawhats. Because Super Saiyan 3 is totally on the same level as Elephant Gatling. ¬_¬

If anything the Toriko crew is now more powerful than the Strawhats. The stuff they pull is beyond ridiculous right now, and in the manga Toriko and his co are not even close to being the strongest.

In fact, I think I can comfortably say that the overall power level of Toriko does not only even out with One Piece, it surpasses them.

I don't think, for example, Luffy can take out a gigantic volcanic turtle monster or a massive giant monster with a penchant of crushing-stomping and head-butting.

Wiseblade

Also you have to nerf the DBZ cast though to be fair Goku himself was always self nerfing from the Android saga on to let other people have a chance at glory. I always got the feeling Goku was holding back until the very end when he realized "crap this thing is actually dangerous"

I may be underestimating the Toriko crowd since all I know about them is from the first chapter and the other One Piece specials.

NARUTO

The story only solidified Sasuke's turn around. Him, having a true and honest talk with his brother is what started it. The whole point of him speaking to the first was to eliminate any doubt in his mind. It wasn't a sudden 180.

Orochimaru and Karin bits weren't handled very well though.

However, the last panel more than made up for it. That shit was fucking awesome.

BLEACH

Just get a move on already. The pace is too slow even for a flashback. We need to see how this affects Ichigo's training and we need to see Ishida and his dad and find out what's going on with them too.

The Vice Admiral one shot the Rookie's advisor, then the rookie one shot the Vice Admiral.

I think you guys read a bad translation. The VA one shotted a member of the rookie's crew

n out with One Piece, it surpasses them.

I don't think, for example, Luffy can take out a gigantic volcanic turtle monster or a massive giant monster with a penchant of crushing-stomping and head-butting.

Were they bigger than the Kraken? Because Luffy pretty much one shotted it and it wasn't even his strongest move

I may be underestimating the Toriko crowd since all I know about them is from the first chapter and the other One Piece specials.

Yeah the Toriko cast has gotten way more powerful since then, Coco (the guy with the poison sword) is basically a Magellan with a sixth sense who is actually training to get more powerful. Also in the world of Toriko your power level is determined by the evolution of your gourmet cells which evolve based upon the more delicious food you eat, and every arc the cast is going after more delicious things. It's easy to see how this formula can get out of hand at time lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Goku self nerfs because he's a boss. Fuck your shitty rubber protagonist. Somebody tell that Toriko protagonist to serve the gawd some steak. Medium rare dawg.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Were they bigger than the Kraken? Because Luffy pretty much one shotted it and it wasn't even his strongest move

Each one of those monsters practically one-shotted the whole military might of the "normal" humans and shrug every thing the world military throws at it while barely batting an eyelash. One of them is so huge and powerful that it crushes waterfalls that swallows and throws down mountains.

Note that even those creatures are considered 'low-entry' in the uncharted lands.

Really, in terms of powerlevels current Toriko >>>>>>>> current One Piece.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"My dad was going to start a civil war, so my brother killed him. The village and I meant more to my brother than anything in the world... So I'll honour his memory by destroying the village!"

All you really need to know is that the point of this flashback was the highlight that Sasuke didn't really understand Itachi's underlying motive. I don't really think its hard to follow at all unless you thought Hashirama's story had literally no purpose.

Now you guys are underestimating the Strawhats.

Well to be fair we really haven't seen the Strawhats pushed at all since the time skip so we really don't know how powerful they truly are until they face some opponents with real weight. That's why it's easier to say right now that the Toriko cast is more powerful then the OP cast, the Toriko cast is being challenged by bigger and greater threats each arc, the OP cast hasn't really fought as a group against anything of merit since they barely beat one Pacifista before the time skip.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Not really. I honestly don't think the people in the strawhats like Zoro, Sanji, Franky, and even Luffy can handle things gallivanting about in the Toriko universe--or if they do, they do it not easily but really, really hard. That does not mean that they are weak by any means, however (for example, the people in OP universe can generally handle Naruto universe quite easily, I think.)

It's just that at this moment Toriko is in a whole different level.

One of the side characters in Toriko can swallow a planet with a single strand of his hair. He could devastate the universe when using all of them.

Yes, the Toriko cast is stronger than the One Piece cast.

Not really. I honestly don't think the people in the strawhats like Zoro, Sanji, Franky, and even Luffy can handle things gallivanting about in the Toriko universe--or if they do, they do it not easily but really, really hard. That does not mean that they are weak by any means, however (for example, the people in OP universe can generally handle Naruto universe quite easily, I think.)

It's just that at this moment Toriko is in a whole different level.

It's not fair to cross over universes like that though, if we put the OP cast into the Toriko-verse they'd get the benefit of gourmet cells and themselves would rapidly grow in power.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's not fair to cross over universes like that though, if we put the OP cast into the Toriko-verse they'd get the benefit of gourmet cells and themselves would rapidly grow in power.

Well, if we compare things that Toriko characters do and things that OP characters do, I still stand in my opinion that Toriko dwarfs One Piece in terms of power levels.

A small example: one of the weaker "masters" in Toriko can scoop mountains and throw them out nilly-willy with his bare hands, something I am not really sure anyone in OP can pull off (the Strawhats crew definitely can't do that, I think.) Really, OP can't compete at this moment.

Popstar

Sanji would become the most powerful Straw Hat.

Actually, is Sanji in the crossover? Or is it just the mains?

One Piece:
There's a lot going on right now. Oda is channeling his inner Togashi with all of these characters being introduced and separate plot threads. It was a good chapter, and I enjoyed what we saw from a lot of stuff. The Ceasar exchange scene brought up some interesting stuff regarding the lack of reaction to Doflamingo's actions, and CP0, and Maynard the Pursuer seems pretty cool in his brief appearance. I also really loved the scenes on the Sunny, which were pretty hilarious. So far, this arc has been really exciting and dynamic.

Naruto:
Hopefully now we can go back to characters people actually give a shit about? Please?

PK Gaming

did someone say there's an Esdese alert

you're an akame ga kiru fan too?

chapter 35 was great. i like akame bodied that teigu killer dude, and almost beat ran too (thats right, ran "ran" away ahahahaha). I don't think raba is going to die though, not until he's in the same vicinity as the "boss."

Can't say anything about the Toriko crew.

But Goku did look like he was holding back the majority of the time.

They did manage to job Gohan really quick but that isn't exactly surprising.

did someone say there's an Esdese alert

She just makes a quick appearance cheering up Justice girl in the latest chapter and when one of the villains (an M girl) seemingly wants to get hurt by her.

Kusagari

The current main characters of Toriko can destroy countries with ease, and one, as cosmic said, can apparently swallow the planet with his hair now, and it's made clear that all of them are still jackshit compared to the top tiers.

Koigokoro (bonus)

The first Christmas Eve together for Saki and Jun was nice, really cute kid when they had the talk about wanting to do some typical date like thing and Saki was like he wouldnt be able to focus on the movie cause hd only focus on Jun.

Lucky Dog 1 Blast 12

Pond scene was hilarious as they were all trying to see whod be first to talk to the girl and maybe indecent swimming
lol that it was actually a dude, Bernardo's face
. I dont know how theyll keep this jailbreak scheme up and get out the countryside :(

yami4ct

Started reading Manga again. In addition to a crap ton of JoJo, started reading Magi. Loving it so far, 28 chapters in. Only real issue is I never imagined Morgianna as having red hair. When they revealed, it was kind of a shock to me. She's too gloomy to be a redhead.

In terms of overpoweredness, Dragonball characters are probably far and away the most imbalanced characters in Jump.

Hell like people said even Krillin has the power to destroy an entire planet.

*looks at avatar*

How about Saitama?

I mean, the guy *actually* one shotted various giant-sized monsters and punch a goddamn Meteor.

Can he win against One Piece characters?

I haven't read Toriko but from the sounds of it Saitama could still solo every character. I don't think he's even tried yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom