• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives two shits about which universe could beat which, especially DBZ. They are specifically written to be completely, terribly, and boringly invincible. Fuck DBZ, who gives a shit.

Whoa, calm down. There's no need to act like this, just because Luffy would easily lose against Goku. DB is the father of modern shonen manga and without it, OP would be a different manga.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The cover stories relevance differs from character to character.

Buggy: Gets his body and crew back, teams up with Alvida, leads into Loguetown.
Coby & Helmeppo: The two get training from Garp, leads into the Post Enies Lobby arc with Garp revealing who he is.
Jango: Escapes Syrup Village, meets Fullbody, joins the Marines with him when they see Captain Hina. Leads into the end of Alabasta.
Hatchan: Escapes the Marines, meets Camie and Pappagu, leads into Sabaody
Wapol: Creates a toy empire, develops Wapometal which Franky uses for his post-timeskip tech.
Ace: Nothing really. It does show that Ace will get really defensive when people insult Whitebeard, which in turn leads to what kills him.
Gedatsu: Nothing yet. It does show Pell's body has been left heavily scarred after the bomb.
Miss Goldenweek: Nothing for her, but Crocodile, Daz Bones, Bentham and Galdino end up going to Impel Down, which leads to their presence in that arc.
Eneru: Nothing yet, but I imagine it will come into the story later.
CP9: Nothing yet, though if that shadow during the Punk Hazard auction was any indication, we might see them soon.
From the Decks of the World: Appearances from multiple minor characters post-timeskip, including proof of life of characters thought dead (Mr. 9, Miss Monday, Bentham).

I imagine that Caribou's story will lead into something, which will be paid off in the main story down the road. Especially now that he's on one of Kaido's islands, and the Straw Hats are after him.

Just reread the entirety of Hunter X Hunter and well...

Hunter X Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>One Piece>>>>>Naruto>>>Bleach

When the fuck is the new chapter going to be released T_T

Akito

Pupa 4
imgfiAplHD2sy.jpg

Best onii-chan ever

Steroyd

Hunter X Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>One Piece>>>>>Naruto>>>Bleach

66lIbKJ.gif

Is the only acceptable answer. :(

Nozoki Ana - 106

All that drama and all I could think of is "they're in the middle of the road, when is a truck going to squish one of them?"

bigkrev

The things that happen in this thread sometimes confuse me.

My running theory is that there is a total lack of shame in this thread. Which leads to passionate rage at comics aimed at children, sharing and mutual interest in various smut, and the existence of DTL

My running theory is that there is a total lack of shame in this thread. Which leads to passionate rage at comics aimed at children, sharing and mutual interest in various smut, and the existence of DTL

Between Big One, PViking, DTL, Angry Grimace, Stat and an occasional God's beard, this thread never stays quite.

yami4ct

Welcome to Hiatus x Hiatus. Join us, we'll distract ourselves from the emptiness of no new Hunter x Hunter chapters, haha.

As for when it'll be back, it's anyone's guess. It's been gone for quite a while already so hopefully we'll get some info soon. Maybe it'll be back by mid-late summer or early fall. We can only hope.

Wiseblade

Sometimes I worry about the things I post/read in WednesdayGAF. but then SmutGAF posts about some cannibalistic incest manga and suddenly I feel better about myself.

He plays Dragon Quest and sleeps with his wife.

Both things that normal weekly manga artists don't have time to do.

1252454330475.jpg

Stinky

I still have 16 volumes of HxH to read so I'm ok for now.

I'm almost finished v16, so we're about the same place. You just got 14/15 right?

Oh and I'll be thrown to the wolves for this but I barely even remember the York Shin arc. Don't understand how some of you regard it so highly.

Don't kill me Stat.

Kurita

I'm almost finished v16, so we're about the same place. You just got 14/15 right?

Oh and I'll be thrown to the wolves for this but I barely even remember the York Shin arc. Don't understand how some of you regard it so highly.

Don't kill me Stat.

I finished vol.13, starting vol.14 right now.

Wiseblade

Don't kill me Stat.

It was nice knowing you.

upandaway

Don't kill me Stat.
I can get why you'd barely remember it if you were just be confused by it at first. There's so much advanced Nen talk and details that you'll miss and a bunch of plotlines, it gets pretty crazy. When my friend read it, he didn't even understand Kurapika's abilitiy because as simple as it is, it's based on a confusing system that wasn't really explained too thoroughly before then.

Give it a reread after some time, maybe after catching up, maybe watch the anime or something. You'll like it a lot more.

upandaway

That gif.. is the best gif

Toriko

ALL THAT SCIENCE

ALL OF IT

Beelzebub

Haha Oga really had fun at the end there. He did look pretty badass.

Stinky

I can get why you'd barely remember it if you were just be confused by it at first. There's so much advanced Nen talk and details that you'll miss and a bunch of plotlines, it gets pretty crazy. When my friend read it, he didn't even understand Kurapika's abilitiy because as simple as it is, it's based on a confusing system that wasn't really explained too thoroughly before then.

Give it a reread after some time, maybe after catching up, maybe watch the anime or something. You'll like it a lot more.

I might have speed read it or something. I forget some of the stuff that happened in Bleach (need to reread the Turn Back the Pendulum) and Berserk as well.

Been meaning to check out the new HxH and Jojo anime, seems like this would be a good opportunity.

EDIT: Wow, I didnt remember what Kurapika did during that arc so I checked the wiki, there is a freaking novel of his involvment in York Shin. I may have amnesia.

Don't kill me Stat.

You better run. York Shin is an amazing arc. God, i want Leorio and Kurapika back. Damn you and your hiatus togashi.

Possible future arc spoiler
Now what worries me is the new arc will be without Killua. Fuck this shit and put Killua in Togashi you bastard

Akito

Assassination Classroom 38
So Nagisa is like Kuroko?

Green Blood 24-25
I can't believe Kip is still alive. Luke became quite manly after only a year. It was nice to have a calm chapter before shit is going down again.

Stinky

I think i'm going to check out the anime, I havent watched anything in months.

I'll tell you what I think.

Maybe I'll hate it? :O

!!!

upandaway

I might have speed read it or something. I forget some of the stuff that happened in Bleach (need to reread the Turn Back the Pendulum) and Berserk as well.

Been meaning to check out the new HxH and Jojo anime, seems like this would be a good opportunity.

EDIT: Wow, I didnt remember what Kurapika did during that arc so I checked the wiki, there is a freaking novel of his involvment in York Shin. I may have amnesia.
Yeah that seems pretty serious. Kurapika IS Yorkshin.

bigkrev

I'm scared.

Well, more embarrassed actually. Did I skip some volumes by accident? Christ.

If you have no idea what Kuripikia was doing in Yorkshin, you probably didn't even read the story. He is the main character in it!

But yeah, just watch the 2011 anime. Its incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom