• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Running out of Soredemo volumes to read . . . suffering . . .

aH9MYSQ.png

Heeee, seems interesting.

A good read?

Jintor

I strolled out of a Kinokuniya today with 6 volumes of Love Hina and then almost immediately felt a crushing sense of disappointment in myself

To be fair, I think today I would have felt that no matter what I bought, even if it was Asano. But still.

Westlo

Damn nice sales for Food Smut, gonna be hilarious when this starts to outsell Toriko as well even though Jump commission 5 thousand more One Piece and DBZ crossovers for it in a desperate attempt to get it near Bleach level sales (even though the aim was One Piece... L O L )

Jintor

Oh, things I noticed:

Attack on Giants and Flowers of Evil both have an english manga out (Attack of Giants is actually up its fourth volume, Aku no Hana up to its third). The Haganai manga looked alright but I wasn't in the right mindset to look at it properly. What A Wonderful World has a manga out. Dark Horse publishes Oreimo and the way they've published it is strangely dull.

Oreesama Teacher looked oddly appealing in physical format, but there's like 13 goddamn volumes

Damn nice sales for Food Smut, gonna be hilarious when this starts to outsell Toriko as well even though Jump commission 5 thousand more One Piece and DBZ crossovers for it in a desperate attempt to get it near Bleach level sales (even though the aim was One Piece... L O L )

I doubt Jump thought it would get any where near OP most likely was trying for it to be the next Naruto .
Mind you most companies would kill for there manga to sell like Naruto along with it's merchandise sales .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Who would win in a fight, Souma's Orgasmic Cooking or Luffy's Appetite???

Kurita

Oh, things I noticed:

Attack on Giants and Flowers of Evil both have an english manga out (Attack of Giants is actually up its fourth volume, Aku no Hana up to its third). The Haganai manga looked alright but I wasn't in the right mindset to look at it properly. What A Wonderful World has a manga out. Dark Horse publishes Oreimo and the way they've published it is strangely dull.

Oreesama Teacher looked oddly appealing in physical format, but there's like 13 goddamn volumes

That's not a lot.

Jintor

*checks wallet*

That's a lot.

If I were earning regular money it'd be a different story, of course, but right now I'm not really up for longer-running stuff where I feel the quality is kinda uncertain.

One of the main reasons why I stopped buying Detective Conan's books.

The-damn-thing-just-won't-end-Goddamnit-so-much-frikkin-filler!!!!!!!!

Still it's only like 4 or 5 a year plus you can always wait for sales .
Manga gets really expensive if you buying a fair amount of series but 3 or 4 series a year easy .

Kurita

I'm used to long series now I guess . I've been buying every One Piece volume when they come out since middle school heh.

Manga gets really expensive if you buying a fair amount of series but 3 or 4 series a year easy .
Yeah... I have the habit of starting like 2 new series every month :/

Jintor

When you earn freelance money you gotta make every dollar count.

Which is why I shouldn't have goddamn bought Love Hina today but i digress. It is a series I am still working towards completing ownership of though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I don't think I will ever get back to that series even if I can buy all the books for free.

I have a pretty high tolerance/patience, but I just don't have anymore for that manga. Too tiring :(

Stinky

Toriko 229

Haha, I love how all fights with immortal people lead to them being trapped in some kind of fate worse than death. It was awesome in Yu Yu Hakusho and it's awesome here.

I had forgotten that that akatsuki member from Naruto and the espada from Bleach are both trapped in stasis forever.

Morbid.

I don't think I will ever get back to that series even if I can buy all the books for free.

I have a pretty high tolerance/patience, but I just don't have anymore for that manga. Too tiring :(

I can understand i stop watching \ reading Conan years ago still check out a movie every now and then but that is it .
It goes into the pile of will read when done with some other series .

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I had forgotten that that akatsuki member from Naruto and the espada from Bleach are both trapped in stasis forever.

Morbid.

Well *technically* the one from Bleach is not trapped forever.

But his fate is definitely incredibly horrific, damn.

I can understand i stop watching \ reading Conan years ago still check out a movie every now and then but that is it .
It goes into the pile of will read when done with some other series .

I just refuse to read it until it actually finishes. Which will take another century or so maybe.

GManDH

Naruto
SASUKE TURNS FACE SASUKE TURNS FACE!!!

Toriko
Way to make someone matter, not being sarcastic. Tengu will be a fav soon.

One Piece
I LOVE IT!!! always ending on a cliffhanger!

Tacitus_

Dudes you have a rough conversion between OP and DBZ power levels available.

So let's assume the farmer is half a trained soldier, and then scouter power levels are exactly dorikis.

Which means that Lucci had a power level of 4000. Well under Goku's 9000 (or 8000) that Nappa read on his scouter, but still above Yamcha's 1500.

Yamcha definitely cannot take on the OP world, guys.

I don't think it's that simple. Roshi had a tiny PL and he blew up a mountaintop and the damn Moon at the start of the series. Nappa had a PL in the thousands and blew up a city by giving it the finger.

I hope Toei doesnt get Shokugeki no Soma anime.

Tacitus_

No wonder Bulma dropped Yamcha like a sack of rocks for Vegeta. And Chi-Chi sticking with Goku and having two kids with him despite all the dying and running off to train.

That would also legitimize the theory that says that Trunks & Goten were conceived with the dads being at SSJ, which allowed to go SSJ so easily.
We're onto some groundbreaking stuff here.

*checks wallet*

That's a lot.

If I were earning regular money it'd be a different story, of course, but right now I'm not really up for longer-running stuff where I feel the quality is kinda uncertain.

Manga is that pricey down there? At least for awhile, Ive seemed to be getting viz stuff for like 6$ a volume and occasionally amazons 4 for 3 deal lots of times a year.

Jintor

Manga is that pricey down there? At least for awhile, Ive seemed to be getting viz stuff for like 6$ a volume and occasionally amazons 4 for 3 deal lots of times a year.

Average pricing was about $9-15 a volume, $19.95 for the bigger ones like Usagi Drop etc, $30 for the compilation volumes. I would say that I'd buy manga online if I had a place with better shipping

Kreed

One Piece 705:

What do you mean, it's his story after all. The latest development suggests that he was stranded on one of Kaidou's islands, maybe the same where X Drake started a fight with of of Kaidou's subordinates because the same subordinate is appearing here. There seems to be a sort of rebellion against Kaidou (?) one the island and the rebel leader is someone named Gaburu, who looks a lot like Caribou.

I just meant it's kind of hard to follow what's been going on other than Caribou bouncing around because of how much happens between the different covers. I mean your summary is the gist of what I've been able to get from it, but it's not as straight forward as Buggy's adventures, or CP9 traveling around after their defeat.

Akito

One Piece 705:

I just meant it's kind of hard to follow what's been going on other than Caribou bouncing around because of how much happens between the different covers. I mean your summary is the gist of what I've been able to get from it, but it's not as straight forward as Buggy's adventures, or CP9 traveling around after their defeat.
I get what you mean, it seems like Caribou is not even the indisputable star in his own story :lol But I kinda like the "foreshadowing", it probably will be more relevant to the main story than most of the other cover stories.

Tacitus_

I get what you mean, it seems like Caribou is not even the indisputable star in his own story :lol But I kinda like the "foreshadowing", it probably will be more relevant to the main story than most of the other cover stories.

The Helmeppo + Coby cover story was pretty relevant to the main story imo.

789shadow

Banned
Who gives two shits about which universe could beat which, especially DBZ. They are specifically written to be completely, terribly, and boringly invincible. Fuck DBZ, who gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom