• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I knew he was involved, just didnt remember him doing much. If a rewatch doesnt jog my memory I am going to be legitimately concerned lol.

Kurapika is pretty much 95% of that arc. If you don't remember his involvement, then I'm not sure what else you would remember. Did you read through the arc while drunk?

Kurita

Assassination Classroom

This new guy seems interesting, I like how he looks.
Guess we'll have a rivalry thingy with Karasuma.

upandaway

This is also a possibility.

EDIT: yo its only volumes 8 through 13 which I have on my hard drive. Time for Stinky's Amnesia Adventure.

I'll hit up the anime later?
I'd recommend just going through the new anime now. It's much easier on the brain than the manga (unlike the old anime which is just as confusing as the manga for people not on top of nen/plot), and you went through the manga once before.

Stinky

I'd recommend just going through the new anime now. It's much easier on the brain than the manga (unlike the old anime which is just as confusing as the manga for people not on top of nen/plot), and you went through the manga once before.

Hmm.

Because I trust you like a father I will watch the anime.

Oh and while I'm at it didnt the Jojo anime end with a teaser for part 3? I'm halfway through part 2 and I want to avoid reading horrible scans. I know that might mean waiting a year for it to start up again though.

Stinky

ilvcztjpg.png

Wiseblade

Hmm.

Because I trust you like a father I will watch the anime.

Oh and while I'm at it didnt the Jojo anime end with a teaser for part 3? I'm halfway through part 2 and I want to avoid reading horrible scans. I know that might mean waiting a year for it to start up again though.

Yeah, a second season covering Part 3 is all but confirmed.

Not the biggest OP fan, but this is cool.

t7e9jqY.jpg

(from the not funny pics thread)

not bad at all

I might have speed read it or something. I forget some of the stuff that happened in Bleach (need to reread the Turn Back the Pendulum) and Berserk as well.

Been meaning to check out the new HxH and Jojo anime, seems like this would be a good opportunity.

EDIT: Wow, I didnt remember what Kurapika did during that arc so I checked the wiki, there is a freaking novel of his involvment in York Shin. I may have amnesia.

WUT? It was practically his arc.

Were you high?

Anime tatoos = chick repellent.

Yep

I'm trying to decide if my dashingly good looks would be enough to weigh the costs.

Probably not.

At all.

Yep, the risks are way too high.

Wiseblade

I really want to google "Naruto forehead headband Tattoo", but i'm afraid it might destroy any hope I have for humanity.

But there's no reason to do that. None of the characters have that tattoo and Naruto headbands are easy to come by.

Now an ASCE tattoo? There's probably some idiot out there with that on their arm.

Retcon: I was right!

brb, weeping for humanity.

I actually find the ASCE tattoo funny, if your name is actually Ace.

Certainly not the worst manga/anime tattoo you could get... if you wanted one, that is.

WHY WOULD YOU GET A TATTOO THAT LOOKS BOTCHED ON PURPOSE

There's no good way to explain that.

It's good for a laugh *shrug* people have gotten tattoos for more stupid reasons than that, as we can see in the naruto tattoo pictures above.

edit: I wouldn't get it myself, even if my name was Ace and I was into tattoos, but I don't think it's CRAZY PERSON levels.

Stinky

I like the ace tattoo more than the gear third one (which is a cool novelty tattoo but ehhhh)

Here is my memory of York Shin:

Gon and Killua do some betting thing to raise money to purchase Greed Island so Gon can find his dad. Leorio and Kurapika show up? I thought about Kurapika and I do remember him getting involved with some organisation and using nen chains. I had completely forgotten that but I still remember very little.
Code:

Wiseblade

If you had to get a manga-related tattoo, what would it be any why?

Personally it's be the identification X from the Alabasta arc in One Piece. It's small, wouldn't stand out much and I could probably pass it off as something else. But anyone in the know could recognise it and then we'd be like this, man.

I like the ace tattoo more than the gear third one (which is a cool novelty tattoo but ehhhh)

Gon and Killua do some betting thing to raise money to purchase Greed Island so Gon can find his dad. Leorio and Kurapika show up? I thought about Kurapika and I do remember him getting involved with some organisation and using nen chains. I had completely forgotten that but I still remember very little.
That's like 2% of the arc. GO TO A DOCTOR.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
If you had to get a manga-related tattoo, what would it be any why?

Personally it's be the identification X from the Alabasta arc in One Piece. It's small, wouldn't stand out much and I could probably pass it off as something else. But anyone in the know could recognise it and then we'd be like this, man.

Damn, I was going to say the exact same thing. But I'm never getting a tattoo anyways so it doesn't really matter, haha.

Code:

Honestly, it's been about 3 years since I've read all of that and I remember less. That's what I get for just blasting through the series.

As I've been rereading, I remember though. Nostalgia bumps in, I remember where I was when I first read certain panels and whatnot.

scy

Making me feel better about my Suikoden tattoo!

Then again, hand vs some of these.

Better than above the knees though! I think!

Kurita

There's one tatoo that I'd genuinely like to do. It's related to my favorite band.
jYkxY6B.png

Just the "E" thing on a finger, like in this picture :

Obviously it'd be smaller than the skull.
My sister has two tatoos like this (among others), really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom