• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Shokugeki no Soma 18

Climax chapter. Pun intended. Since we knew how that was going to turn out, now we can see what lies beyond this brief intro course for the gang.

Girls of The Wild's 85

#TeamMoonYoung

Stinky

hahaha, remember this?

dk9GDw7.gif

Azure J

That gif is still priceless.

Soul Eater 109

Chapters like this make me wonder why/how anyone can dislike Maka sometimes. Gotta love that drive, even if she isn't beasting Black Star style or styling like Kid. She's pretty much the most ordinary out of the group and the first to get in on Kishin Asura like that.

That being said, oh shit. Final Sanzu line connecting? I haven't been this hype for a powerup since the Kid/Mosquito fight.

That gif is still priceless.

Soul Eater 109

Chapters like this make me wonder why/how anyone can dislike Maka sometimes. Gotta love that drive, even if she isn't beasting Black Star style or styling like Kid. She's pretty much the most ordinary out of the group and the first to get in on Kishin Asura like that.

That being said, oh shit. Final Sanzu line connecting? I haven't been this hype for a powerup since the Kid/Mosquito fight.

Why would one like a character that doesnt do nothing of significance? The last chapter with Black Star doing everything, the ones with Kid doing everything. Even when Maka had Spirit, she still did nothing. She largely just does nothing except get's saved time and time again.

Akito

Shokugeki no Soma 18
How was the mermaid not naked, I'm disappointed in you Tosh. Good thing I just happened to have crumbed fish right before reading this.

A Fighting, Maid-like, Boy in Drag 4
tumblr_ml7fhyNdMX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good cover and opening moments with milk. Arata has such good personality and especially when he gets into his random mood, thus making it one of the more memorable cosplay moments in a manga Ive seen so far. Will miss it when its over.

Halfway through the thread and my backlog reduction is going pretty well. Had 715 things on the list at the start, now it's been reduced to... 761.

Toshiue no Hito 1-17
Something something 25 year old
widow.

S'alright, but it feels like the major conflict's been resolved already and now it's just run-of-the-mill
smutty
romcom shenanigans. Which isn't enough to hold my attention. Main couple are fine, but none of the other characters are even remotely interesting.

There're bound to be further trials down the line, but I don't know if I can hold out for that long.

Lain

Toshiue no Hito 1-17

Something something 25 year old
widow.

S'alright, but it feels like the major conflict's been resolved already and now it's just run-of-the-mill
smutty
romcom shenanigans. Which isn't enough to hold my attention. Main couple are fine, but none of the other characters are even remotely interesting.

There're bound to be further trials down the line, but I don't know if I can hold out for that long.

Is this done yet? I remember starting reading it but some complications in the story with no translations made me stop.

Is this done yet? I remember starting reading it but some complications in the story with no translations made me stop.
40 of the 41 chapters are done, but the last one's been stuck in scanlation limbo for about 5 months now. The translated text for it is floating around so I'm just going to match that with a raw.

upandaway

We have no idea.
What are you guys even talking about? It's not over yet. It doesn't even say "END" next to the end banner. 191 will 100% happen next week.

Is the confusion because Medaka shouts "fin"? Is that it? She just meant this arc (and it was for a pun anyway). I'm perplexed by what's going on here IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY

WHAT'S GOING ON

SOMEONE HOLD ME

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hajime no Ippo 1008-1009

So what the hell is going on? Ippo got rocked by Sendo? Something ain't right, Takamura once again shows why he's boxing god. I wonder where this is all going...

Nope, not getting fooled into reading Medaka Box just yet.

No matter how tempting the "End" is, I'm willing to hide under a rock these next few weeks before I get Nisio'd.

Hajime no Ippo 1008-1009

So what the hell is going on? Ippo got rocked by Sendo? Something ain't right, Takamura once again shows why he's boxing god. I wonder where this is all going...

I don't even remember what happened before Volg's fight but I'm still looking forward to Ippo punching someone's face in.

Stinky

What are you guys even talking about? It's not over yet. It doesn't even say "END" next to the end banner. 191 will 100% happen next week.

Is the confusion because Medaka shouts "fin"? Is that it? She just meant this arc (and it was for a pun anyway). I'm perplexed by what's going on here IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY

WHAT'S GOING ON

SOMEONE HOLD ME

haha this is how I feel. Even if the rumours are untrue, the last page clearly says "Next Issue, Yo" and the FIN thing is just a (very fitting for Medaka Box) joke that doesnt make sense to us filthy gaijin.

I almost missed the "rin" as well

So we have at least another week of weird fake endings and wrapping up a manga ten times over.

Kusagari

WHAT'S GOING ON

SOMEONE HOLD ME

Well according to the rumor, I think we have 2 more chapters left. So we could be in for an epilogue and some more trolling.

The series will end but then continue in Jump Square, the manga magazine for mature readers.

Stinky

How badly did Viz fuck up Jojo? I've heard there is name changes (dont particularly mind) and redrawing (ugh).

I've heard the purpose it to censor certain panels buuuut they did get Araki to draw new ones so its not sooo bad.

Almost done part 2 and I like it enough that I'd like to go straight into part 3.

Kurita

Hunter x Hunter vol.14

One of the few mangas where text-heavy chapters don't bother me.
I'm liking Greed Island so far. The girl is kind of annoying though...

bigkrev

Hunter x Hunter vol.14

One of the few mangas where text-heavy chapters don't bother me.
I'm liking Greed Island so far. The girl is kind of annoying though...

Don't you dare diss Bisky. It took Togashi forever to introduce a female character worth a damn, but it's totally worth it

A Fighting, Maid-Like Boy in Drag 4

Still entertaining! A 3 way male love triangle where the crossdressing boy is the closest thing to a straight one works, I guess. Sad there wasn't an escalation of the sexual stuff after the pattern of the first 3 chapters though :/

upandaway

Ippo 1008-1009

I don't.. but.. uh.... okay. Okay. I'm good. I'm calm.

Great! After spending all that time (<- understatement of the cosmos right there) chasing after nobodies for no reason, it left him weaker now too. So not only did all of that serve no purpose, it also did damage!

Please tell me this will be figured out during training :(

Kurita

Woah, we got 3 Nobunaga No Chef chapters in 3 days.
And survivor is not here :(

Where's my new Haikyuu!! chapter by the way? It's been 10 days since the last one.

Toshiue no Hito 18-41 (END)

Spiralled into bleak employment and pregnancy shit towards the end, but with a predictable resolution and conclusion. I approve of how MC's 'romantic' decision to follow his waifu at the expense of his exams actually had significant repercussions later on rather than being glossed over as a one-sidedly positive action. Also Mai and erectile dysfunction really do not go together.

Stuck with it all the way to the end, which is an achievement for these kinds of series. Marginally above average overall.

Realpg 15 End

Rushed ending.

Art style was really good (imo) and probably the only standout thing about the manga.

I am glad they finally kissed at the end, but overall the series was forgettable.

Hatsukoi ni Kisu (one shot end)
tumblr_ml7669oNoI1rhpcf8o1_500.jpg

Simple story on the young master Koto who finds himself with only his servant left after his well off family's business fell. The feelings shared by Shirahane were touching and then Koto's big reveal. Was fun and so glad Shirahane was able to help the young master in such a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom