• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWGOK is out, late because I smoked my body's weight in weed last night. Finally explains what's going on with this whole arc. As far as time travel premises go, it's not bad.

Silver Spoon 72 has a neat color spread.

That doesn't exactly sound retired.

It feels like it to me compared to micromanaging every aspect of the entire group and all its projects and being on call almost constantly in case something goes wrong (something is always going wrong). I really think you guys get confused about what I mean when I say "active" in manga. It was like having a second job. I am now retired from that second job. Editing the text doc is my hobby. I don't even talk to anyone in manga anymore and the only reason I stick with TWGOK is because I like the series and don't think there's anyone else who is able and willing to do it better.

This isn't the first time you guys have ribbed me about this but I just want you to know that it actually annoys me because it diminishes how much stress I was under before my retirement. I no longer do about 99% of what I used to do. If the last 1% is a real hangup for you guys when it comes to the word "retirement" then please keep it to yourself because I'm tired of hearing that shit.

I never stopped doing TWGOK in the first place, so if you want to nitpick then I never retired at all and the answer to Wiseblade's question would be once.

Articalys

Silver Spoon 72 has a neat color spread.
2LZNNZY.jpg
Warriors on the move.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

I don't get what even happened, or if anything happened.

Wiseblade

TWGOK

Exposition chapter.

• Vintage are working for an even more evil secret organisation.
  • Keima is the chosen one.
  • Past Keima has to do prep-work on the girls present Keima captures, figure out how to restore the goddess' full power and defeat the super secret organisation behind vintage.

TWGOK

Dokurou was the one who let the Runaway Spirits escape all along. The escape wasn't meant to free the devils, it was meant to free the Goddesses so that Satyr wouldn't be able to get their hands on them.

Dokurou knew that the odds of the Goddesses surviving while Satyr and Vintage were hunting them were slim. It is implied that there are infinite possible timelines, like different routes in a VN. Dokurou set it up so that if there was a successful route out there, the person responsible for clearing the route would be sent back in time.

Keima is from that successful timeline and so he was sent back in time to the critical junction point. His job now is to guide the timeline correctly so that it will lead to the future that he knows. Because he is the only one from that timeline (Elsie doesn't count), he is the only one capable of doing this. Like a retroactive chosen one.

Now he is laying the grounds for all the events that will happen in the future.

Dokurou was the one who let the Runaway Spirits escape all along. The escape wasn't meant to free the devils, it was meant to free the Goddesses so that Satyr wouldn't be able to get their hands on them.

Dokurou knew that the odds of the Goddesses surviving while Satyr and Vintage were hunting them were slim. It is implied that there are infinite possible timelines, like different routes in a VN. Dokurou set it up so that if there was a successful route out there, the person responsible for clearing the route would be sent back in time.

Keima is from that successful timeline and so he was sent back in time to the critical junction point. His job now is to guide the timeline correctly so that it will lead to the future that he knows. Because he is the only one from that timeline (Elsie doesn't count), he is the only one capable of doing this. Like a retroactive chosen one.

It seems Wakaki played some of Uchikoshi (999 for example) games.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I guess I don't understand what Keima is supposed to be doing now.

TWGOK 224

Men those time travel shenanigans are crazy.

And lol at I have got a secret organization behind your secret organization.

X4xIWy9.jpg

I guess I don't understand what Keima is supposed to be doing now.

It's not explicitly stated but I think it's going to be something like going around to all of the girls and imprinting himself on them. Either that or something like encouraging Ayumi to get into running, Yui to get into drumming, etc.

One Outs 129

Tokuchi plan is simple. If you dont play 200% of you potential you are doomed, those who strive to win are rewarded.

Such effective psychological whip.

Ouji no Kikan 3
tumblr_ml5pvhycJl1s8evg7o1_500.jpg

Cover teases the characters on think are supposed to be the pairing but they just are close roommates and friends. Then they go through a trial and what not, which gives me a new appreciation for the one they just consider weird, Ritsu, but then that ending moment.. What a horrible turn of events and not even my pairing, ugh, poor Yasuhiro...oh I like Adachi's reaction at the earlier punch.

Angry Grimace

Yamada

Why was Miyabi waiting for Yamada in a bush, anyways?

Yamada and the Seven Witches 54

Miyamura's line about how awesome it is to be in love with Yamada was hilarious. Like the arc so far, though was confused with her position, there were two vice presidents (I thought Miyamura was?)...

Akito

TWGOK 224
That's one hell of a plan. And thanks Ignis for the layman's term explanation, I wouldn't have caught half of that by myself.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Late as usual this week.

Toriko 229
That ending was brutal, hell metal worthy. Finally someone that can use lighting abilities in such a legit way, props to Tengu Buranchi. Btw WTF at Mach 600 and the jump to 30000!!!!!

HSDK 518
Well fuck yeah! Master fights are simply the best in this series, could't care less for the disciples unless they start to be more legit which in the current arc they have impressed me. Evil master will win, has to show how evil the mofo is.

One Piece 705
Well with so many factions up on this bitch shit is about to go crazy. Hopefully pacing and balance is maintained. I really want to see more of the Zoro story line is the one I most interested in and Lucys of course.

Ippo 1008-1009
About fucking time he relinquishes the belt, me and a friend have been saying all this time that is what he needed to to keep going up on the world. I wonder where they are taking this weaker thing with Ippo, Satanic training incoming?

wonzo

Banned
Hataraku Maou-sama 1-7

Man, everything from the pacing to the character art just sucks in this. I think I'll just stick to the anime and check out the LN's if anyone bothers to translate them.

Shintetsu no Agartha 1 (Magane no Agartha )
tumblr_ml8523V9RM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Decided to follow another supernatural josei. Pretty good start with a large assortment of good characters. Alma, lead cover character, is easily my favorite one and has the best skills for attack. Burton and Kicchomu are also interesting characters to have around. Lastly, huge potential with Tenkou if he truly has the power over the elements.

I think the premise is rather interesting with the magane (iron monsters) and how people when attacked/infected crack and eventually crumble. And then the dragon and imperial army too keeping things well on the defensive front or even offensive. Regardless, will be one Ill keep following.

Jintor

Hataraku Maou-sama 1-7

Man, everything from the pacing to the character art just sucks in this. I think I'll just stick to the anime and check out the LN's if anyone bothers to translate them.

Damn. At least the anime is pretty fuckin' baller

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven Witches 54

Miyamura's line about how awesome it is to be in love with Yamada was hilarious. Like the arc so far, though was confused with her position, there were two vice presidents (I thought Miyamura was?)...

Miyamura and *Odagiri are both "vice president."

Angry Grimace

So theres three vice presidents? (Miyamura, Odagiri, Asuka Mikoto), awkward.

I don't think it matters. I think they're just random members of the council and the translation makes them Vice President because there isn't enough of a distinction, but I'm guessing at that. The actual president is some kind of Witch-related person, but he doesn't do much as of yet.

Akito

Prunus Girl 42 (end)
itZFGk0JUuRBm.jpg

I guess the ending is not that bad but as stereotyped as you can get. At least Aikawa
really is a guy.

Shokugei no Soma 18

Rival is kinda starting to warm up to me.

Glad they passed, but I wished she would have picked a winner then.

TWGOK 224

Well looks like we got that answer finally.

Little Keima explaning things to the two Dokuro's was the best.

Oh shit, new Prunus Girl.

Oh shit, new Screaming Lessons.

Prunus Girl 42 (END)
Prunus Girl 42 (end)
itZFGk0JUuRBm.jpg

I guess the ending is not that bad but as stereotyped as you can get. At least Aikawa
really is a guy.
I was about to post that same panel. Yeah, the ending was pretty bog standard, but I'm fine with that. Wasn't expecting much else with one chapter left anyway. If they hadn't hooked up or Aikawa had (god forbid) suddenly been revealed to be a girl you'd hear my rage from across the Atlantic Ocean.

Still my favourite romcom I've read overall, at least if you don't count Tasogare Otome.

I mean what were they gonna do differently with Kizuna and Maki.

Could have came up with something but instead it was just...blah

Oh shit, new Prunus Girl.

I was about to post that same panel. Yeah, the ending was pretty bog standard, but I'm fine with that. Wasn't expecting much else with one chapter left anyway. If they hadn't hooked up or Aikawa had (god forbid) suddenly been revealed to be a girl you'd hear my rage from across the Atlantic Ocean.

The troll potential of this would have been fucking glorious, but the last few chapters and characters showed it wasn't gonna happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom