• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shimura is a hack confirmed. Prunus Girl is the real deal.

Screaming Lessons 34

Wait, this is supposed to be a 2 parter? But it's building up to a borderline happy endi--

Oh.
Wwqe4xI.png
Oh.

Yomi, I can't be sure whether that was wholly your doing or intention, but if it was, you can be a really nasty piece of work sometimes
<3
. Rui was about to take a significant mental and emotional step forward, but now that potential for development has been driven off and she's doubtlessly feeling flat and run down.

But hey, look on the bright side. At least her childhood friend isn't going anywhere now, right? Right?

This manga is so fucking good. Reading it periodically has given me an even bigger appreciation for it compared to when I initially marathoned it.

What was wrong with it?

That Kizaru could not finish Z in the beginning of the movie and yet Luffy defeated him. Luffy is now admiral level, which is a massive power jump and make every other enemy looks weak. That means every enemy Luffy will face he will win easily unless the enemy is an admiral or a yonkou.

wonzo

Banned
Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai 1-9

Another series from the great Oshimi Shuzou, this one's about a girl with a massive stutter due to stress and anxiety and her struggle to make friends. The first chapter alone was the most wahjah ass thing I've ever read (watamote aint got shit on this). I think there's only 1 chapter or so left to translate so it'd probably be better to wait till it's finished before checking it out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Screaming Lessons 34

Well shit.

And here I was think the losing something important part was living with your regrets. Or something like that.

IHaveIce

Banned
That Kizaru could not finish Z in the beginning of the movie and yet Luffy defeated him. Luffy is now admiral level, which is a massive power jump and make every other enemy looks weak. That means every enemy Luffy will face he will win easily unless the enemy is an admiral or a yonkou.
Without having watched it, this explanation sounds pretty dumb, sometimes someone has a power that isn't that effective against the other.
You think again in simple power level relations

Mr. Fix

I believe Oda said it wasn't canon. Besides,

Without having watched it, this explanation sounds pretty dumb, sometimes someone has a power that isn't that effective against the other.
You think again in simple power level relations

This. It'll always be the matchups. That being said, the trio should be able to hit the admirals by now, but whether or not they can actually beat them isn't a given. I guess that means Usopp > Zoro since he took out that dust user back in Enies.

Tower of God

I don't understand why they don't just shoot their teammates to get them a ticket. But I usually don't understand the rules behind the games.

Akito

Natsu no Zenjitsu 15
D'awwww
It reminds me, this could fit in the "sweet and fluffy romance" formulae @upandaway

Screaming Lessons 34
So can she go back in time again if she offers another important thing or was this a one-time deal?

Teppuu 18

GRSVMcd.jpg

Finally a new chapter and while it felt short, it had some really good moments. Being slightly embarrassed to be in front of such a huge crowd in that MMA fighting outfit, rushing to Mawatari as soon as she came in, ignoring all her other opponents and then kinda blushing in front of her. Sometimes you forget that Natsuo is a high school girl. The disappointed face at the end of her fight was really funny, too.

Alyosha! 34

Feels like we're getting reasonably close to the endgame now. Doubtlessly the real Katerina will show up shortly and all hell will break loose.

Tower of God 2: 59

That's quite the reunion. "If you don't show up on time for your date, you get shot."

Jintor

Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai 1-9

Another series from the great Oshimi Shuzou, this one's about a girl with a massive stutter due to stress and anxiety and her struggle to make friends. The first chapter alone was the most wahjah ass thing I've ever read (watamote aint got shit on this). I think there's only 1 chapter or so left to translate so it'd probably be better to wait till it's finished before checking it out.

How wajah are we talking

are we talking getting the shit out of her bullied wahjah or it's all in her own head and everyone is totally cool with it wajah

Omairi desu yo 5
tumblr_ml8rk0h6Qr1s2d2o8o1_500.jpg

After the month long wait for the second part of chapter 5 (why Gush magazine had to split it), was hyped that it would finally be happening. Of course like all the other attempts they wanted some time something had to come up, ugh. Oh well much of the date was fun and had good moments. Artist really draws the characters well, Saburou really attractive/hot when Yuuji was glancing at him at times, and then both out of the shower. Back home Kenji and Yoshito were still hilarious, I wonder if theyll get their own chapters, Kenji cant keep denying his feelings forever, especially if they even had their own date thats not called a date.

Kurita

Well, I said I'll watch the anime once I'm caught up with the manga but I ended up reading it AND watching the anime at the same time :lol
Since I started Greed Island that's perfect.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugei no Soma 18

Rival is kinda starting to warm up to me.

Glad they passed, but I wished she would have picked a winner then.

Its getting tiring having the exact same thing occur every time where he invents some new dish he learned about in his dumb shop and then beats the other guy. Maybe he should get owned and have to learn something else.

upandaway

Soma

Its getting tiring having the exact same thing occur every time where he invents some new dish he learned about in his dumb shop and then beats the other guy. Maybe he should get owned and have to learn something else.
I think it's pretty hilarious how the strongest guys in the school are the ones who come from a commercial background. What's the point of going to school if just working in a shop is infinitely more effective :lol

But then again it's more like one huge exam than a school, so I guess that would work out!

upandaway

The World Uchikoshi Only Knows

Yeah, okay, that makes sense somehow (in the uchikoshi way). I love the connection to the whole "I can already see the ending" stuff haha, that was cool.

Does that mean we're in endgame right now? Noooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom