• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with Ichigo hooking up with Orihime or Rukia as Kubo, unlike Kishi, set the manga up where it would make sense if he went in either direction as he had ACTUAL development between the three where friendship or romance was possible, even if Rukia/Ichigo can be interpreted as either brother/sister or unresolved sexual tension depending on how you look at things.

Orihime is basically Hinata done right.

Take notes Kishimoto.

I'm fine with Ichigo hooking up with Orihime or Rukia as Kubo, unlike Kishi, set the manga up where it would make sense if he went in either direction as he had ACTUAL development between the three where friendship or romance was possible, even if Rukia/Ichigo can be interpreted as either brother/sister or unresolved sexual tension depending on how you look at things.

Orihime is basically Hinata done right.

Take notes Kishimoto.

I'll have to agree although I'm pulling for Orihime personally.

But about Kishi, why does the guy even dive into romance? Like seriously, its bad enough how he characterizes most females in his manga aka (not important or mostly bland faceless characters) but the romance is terrible.

The only success he had was with Minato and Kushina which was believable. Then you have stupid ones such as Obito and Rin, Naruto and Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke and a whole bunch of others that there is no point of getting into.

I cringe each time I think of Sakura's "confession" or the aftermath of Naruto vs Pain where he didn't talk to Hinata to at least give her a rejection or accept her feelings.

Now that I think about it, Kishi has a terrible habit of killing characters that have lovers. All the way from Dan to Hayate, Asuma, Sarutobi's wife and a whole bunch of others.

I can see Byakuya x Rukia from a mile. Soul Society seems like the kinda place that wouldn't only condone but actively support this kinda crap.

dumbyugi

Prunus Girl END

It ended pretty much the way I thought it would. I'm sure the bonus chapter next month will add nothing to the story. Overall I really liked this series and I'll look foward to the authors next work. 8/10

Otogi no Machi no Rena 1-53

This is pretty good. The art isn't the greatest but it's servicable. The characters are fun, I really liked Kolo for the short time she was in it. The story has been done before but I don't think I've read anything where the MC births magic rodents. It seems that the scans are up to the last volume so it shouldn't be long to wait to see the end.

wonzo

Banned
[Seiji Amanagi] Step by Step

stepbystep.jpg

great moe lesbian fingering scene for all the moe lesbian fingering fans out there

Stinky

Oh, btw, Orihime/Ichigo is OBVIOUS. Sorry Ichigo Rukia fans you lose.

Rukia Renji is obviously going to happen.

Shipping makes me vomit but this is too accurate.

Another possibility is that Kubo just ignores shipping and Ichigo ends up with nobody. This aint Nisekoi, it doesnt have to happen.

upandaway

Minamoto 75

She's already thinking about it? There's no way it'll happen today obviously but still, that's pretty crazy.

At least hopefully he won't move on to a new girl after one night like before.

Prunus Girl 38

That ending. I guess I can see where this is going now!

Defuser

Aunt tits ch 75

Alright now lose it (ah ah ah ah ah)
Just lose it (ah ah ah ah ah)
Go crazy (ah ah ah ah ah)
Oh baby (ah ah) oh baby, baby (ah ah)

ElFly

Aunt tits 75

Hah, the blurb for the next chapter means that nothing will happen.

I was expecting him to completely gross out the poor girl.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 19

Yeah I figured they'd make all of their meals for the entire camp. I mean that only makes sense.

Macho men killed my sides.

Caramel Kitsch Column

Reminds me a bit of Ran and the Gray World. Pretty good so far.

Food Smut

I like this series now, but I can see it wearing out its welcome by the time it gets to the 50 chapters range.

Stinky

God dammit just bought 2 green pens by accident, what am I meant to do with these.

Oh ya manga.

Anyone still read Billy Bat?

7Th

Eh, name examples of Shounen series with clearly defined couples at the end? I can only think of Fullmetal Alchemist... but is it really Shounen...?

Most of them end up with 'implied', not really 'confirmation.' It is as if shounen mangakas are afraid of confirming stuff like that, sadly :\

Most harem manga is shounen and it usually ends with a clearly defined couple. Unless it gets cancelled, of course.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Caramel Kitsch Column

Reminds me a bit of Ran and the Gray World. Pretty good so far.

Food Smut

I like this series now, but I can see it wearing out its welcome by the time it gets to the 50 chapters range.

Yeah, they really need to give soma some actual, real conflict. Everything is too predictable, though the premise is still pretty fun.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma 19

"We will meet again!
*on the bus*
Well well, we meet again.
SHUT UP!"

Hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom