• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bleach wasn't a shonen and Kubo did focus a bit on romance, Ichigo would have tapped that a long time ago.

Too bad he has the romantically oblivious syndrome that most shonen MCs have.

I hope Kubo trolls the Rukia fans by making Ichigo end up with Orihime. The rage that would follow would bring down the Internet... well a ton of forums and 2 chan maybe lol.

I thought Ichigo already showed who he was romantically interested in multiple times
IchiGrim

Anyway the anime pretty much made it seem as if IchiRuki would be the true canon pairing at the end of the day. All those moments, and mannerisms, and filler, while Inoue is forever in "Hinata" status.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Anyone who still questions Orihime and Hinata's pairings with the respective MC are (A) in denial, and (B) care way too much about that sort of stuff.

wonzo

Banned
Medaka Box 190 FIN?

Oh boy, I can't wait to find out how Nisio's gonna troll us next!

TWGOK 224

I've been thinking this arc was essentially the endgame but I'm not so sure now after this chapter. It'll be interesting to see how "Satyr" plays into this.

Yamada 54

dat vice prez

I thought Ichigo already showed who he was romantically interested in multiple times
IchiGrim

Anyway the anime pretty much made it seem as if IchiRuki would be the true canon pairing at the end of the day. All those moments, and mannerisms, and filler, while Inoue is forever in "Hinata" status.

...... I thought for sure you would support Ichigo and Byakuya together hahahahaha.

Anime directors are biased in most animes with pairings based on their own preference or to drive up fanrage to get more views from the opposition.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
IchiGrim

It's funny you say Inoue is in Hinata status, because IIRC I heard from many fans that Anime Naruto ships NaruHina so hard.

Anyways, ewwwwwwwwwwwww to the thought of Ichigo Rukia. That means he hooks up with a hundred of years old dead lady! :p :p :p (but then again, maybe it's in his blood seeing that his mom also shagging up with a dead man.... man, the logic of Bleach universe........)

It's funny you say Inoue is in Hinata status, because IIRC I heard from many fans that Anime Naruto ships NaruHina so hard.

Anyways, ewwwwwwwwwwwww to the thought of Ichigo Rukia. That means he hooks up with a hundred of years old dead lady! :p :p :p (but then again, maybe it's in his blood seeing that his mom also shagging up with a dead man.... man, the logic of Bleach universe........)

From what I remember of the Naruto anime Naruto was either after Sasuke or Sakura. Its not until recently that they really pushed Hinata and even then Naruto hasn't really talked to her LOL.

Masaki is more like Orihime right down to personality and looks.

On that note I want Kubo to make Isshin shave and show Karin and Yuzu's reaction to their dad without a beard. It would be hilarious.

From what I remember of the Naruto anime Naruto was either after Sasuke or Sakura. Its not until recently that they really pushed Hinata and even then Naruto hasn't really talked to her LOL.

Masaki is more like Orihime right down to personality and looks.

On that note I want Kubo to make Isshin shave and show Karin and Yuzu's reaction to their dad without a beard. It would be hilarious.

To be fair does anyone really talk to Hinata?

Jintor

I think Ichi/Ruki is where I saw it going. But the :sdburton answer I would be remiss not to at least mention is obviously Soi/Yoruichi (although that's so canon I guess nobody gives a shit)

Naruto and Sasuke have kissed like twice in the anime (and the anime does well to make sure people never forget it) these anime Naruto fans must be in denial (even the manga brought back up his kiss with sasuke in this arc, when talking with all the tailed beasts).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's pretty much obvious that Naruto will go to Hinata and, well, since Sasuke is confirmed gonna go fight against Madara and Co a.k.a. path of redemption he will also in the end hooks up with Sakura (although the logic of hooking up with a guy that once tried so nonchalantly killing you is... really really out of this world.)

As for Bleach, meh, I hope Ichigo goes Orihime. Rukia's already dead!

Naruto and Sasuke have kissed like twice in the anime (and the anime does well to make sure people never forget it) these anime Naruto fans must be in denial (even the manga brought back up his kiss with sasuke in this arc, when talking with all the tailed beasts).

Man... it's not like you are even trying DTL :\

Tamanon

Banned
It's pretty much obvious that Naruto will go to Hinata and, well, since Sasuke is confirmed gonna go fight against Madara and Co a.k.a. path of redemption he will also in the end hooks up with Sakura (although the logic of hooking up with a guy that once tried so nonchalantly killing you is... really really out of this world.)

As for Bleach, meh, I hope Ichigo goes Orihime. Rukia's already dead!

I'm not entirely sure Rukia being dead will be a problem at the end. I fully expect Ichigo to sacrifice himself somehow at the end of the manga and then waking up in Soul Society after passing on.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Eh, name examples of Shounen series with clearly defined couples at the end? I can only think of Fullmetal Alchemist... but is it really Shounen...?

Most of them end up with 'implied', not really 'confirmation.' It is as if shounen mangakas are afraid of confirming stuff like that, sadly :\

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, name examples of Shounen series with clearly defined couples at the end? I can only think of Fullmetal Alchemist... but is it really Shounen...?

Most of them end up with 'implied', not really 'confirmation.' It is as if shounen mangakas are afraid of confirming stuff like that, sadly :\

Dragonball :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Well Psyren for one. Then again there was never really any doubt since they had done everything but kiss or do it.

dramatis

Bakuman. Rurouni Kenshin.

Love Hina type shounen have clearly defined couples at the end, don't they?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dragonball :p

Well Psyren for one. Then again there was never really any doubt since they had done everything but kiss or do it.

Can't believe I forget Dragonball, hahaha.

It's sort of ironic to think that the grand-daddy of Shounen actually did that where the rest of the folks seem so out of their way to not do that.

I read Psyren, but only a little.

Come to think of it, Doraemon does this too but I am not sure it is even Shounen.

Bakuman. Rurouni Kenshin.

Love Hina type shounen have clearly defined couples at the end, don't they?

*slaps forehead*

Of course, Kenshin!

One of the reasons I like Kenshin. People there doesn't afraid to admit that they are in love with another and act.

Orihime pairs far better with Uryuu than she does with Ichigo. Ichigo can get Rukia.

Chad and Renji can share the floor.

Oh its on now. Ichigo and Orihime for the win! Chad probably has a ton of girls in the background lol.

Ishida is too lame to get anyone except maybe Nemu.

Everyone else has their own pairings. Although Soi-Fon and Urahara have an interesting relationship along with Yourichi lol.

There are only a handful. I mean Medaka box is the most recent one I can think of that is going to do this along with Bakuman.

In most of these series the girls are there only to distract from the homoeroticism lurking below the surface. Either that or the main characters act like they're prepubescent and haven't discovered sexual attraction yet.

Air Gear
Angel Densetsu
Change 123
Ga-Rei
Hajimete no Aku
Magico
Mirai Nikki
Rave
Flame of Recca
Shaman King

A lot less than I was expecting in my complete list. Could be forgetting a few though. Can't remember if Mixim 11 had any kind of definitive couple.

I love how Inuyasha manga ends without a kiss and the anime ends up having to do it. lol

I believe its the same for Ranma 1/2? Which reminds me that I need to pick it back up again. Never got passed volume 25 I believe. Same for the near end of Inuyasha since I just watched the anime to the finish and read the last Naraku battle.

BTW I have to say that before Aizen, Naraku was the biggest troll in shonen manga.

upandaway

Stinkys Amnesia Adventure

Watched HxH 37-40. Got embarrassed by how much I had forgotten. Im really looking forward to the later parts.
I don't even remember how I got to this point, but Uvo is actually probably my favorite character ever. I just love that guy.

Air Gear
Angel Densetsu
Change 123
Ga-Rei
Hajimete no Aku
Magico
Mirai Nikki
Rave
Flame of Recca
Shaman King

A lot less than I was expecting in my complete list. Could be forgetting a few though. Can't remember if Mixim 11 had any kind of definitive couple.
Well if you're counting Magico (which is a bit besides the point I think, haha), Bakuman only makes sense too. And all of those canceled Jump romcoms!

Dynedom

Air Gear
Angel Densetsu
Change 123
Ga-Rei
Hajimete no Aku
Magico
Mirai Nikki
Rave
Flame of Recca
Shaman King

To add:

Inu Yasha
Defense Devil
Ga-Rei
JJBA (well, each segment)
Kekkaishi
Yu Yu Hakusho (yes, I'd say it was clear by the end if not earlier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom