• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Food Smut 7
wut
FBVkuEW.png

wut

Yonafunu

Shokugeki no Soma

This isn't really going anywhere right now. It's too easy for Soma.

He has to face a crushing defeat and ignite the SHOUNEN HAAATO. It's the only way to progress.

Another (yen press v1)

Wonder why they split it in half. Novel to the anime Another. Really nice take on the story though it seemed the anime did make a few things a bit more, er exciting, for the visual medium, like the heart attack one happening in front of people in the anime while here, it just took place silently at his house. I like the writing of the story as telling it all from Sakakibara's point of view and hearing his internal thoughts is sometimes hilarious or even intriguing. I thought already knowing the conclusion and mystery would make it less fun and interesting but that was not the case, everything still just as gripping and mysterious. Cant wait for v2.

Yume Yume Shinjuu 6

The father ate Ayato...and then killed himself in fire, and Yuzuru's burns :( Poor Takumi and all those tears. What a sad way to start my day :(

Zyklus;Code 3 (LE cover)
tumblr_mlaxnqouqA1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really interesting just three chapters in still. Like the visuals for how he managed to do like a few other series (I Guess it reminded me of Shu pulling the Void outta Inori), in making her get into and become her Organ form. I wonder if there are even bigger actions moments to come as Ren is really phenomenal, and Petrauchka's feelings so intense and always speaking from her heart.

I wonder how big the series is, if its even getting/has a drama cd already (would want to listen to it to hear all the Ax's musics).

Food Smut

People believe Erina will end up as his girl? What about Tadakoro?

She will get a bunch of fans who proclaim that their best girl got screwed out of a happy ending with Soma.

Even though at the end of the very first chapter, they had that obvious hint with the dad before Erina appeared.

I'm just reading for food and fan service, not shipping

She will get a bunch of fans who proclaim that their best girl got screwed out of a happy ending with Soma.

Even though at the end of the very first chapter, they had that obvious hint with the dad before Erina appeared.

I'm just reading for food and fan service, not shipping

If it breathes, we can ship it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut

People believe Erina will end up as his girl? What about Tadakoro?

I can't decide, man. Erina is a food-tsundere, but Tadokoro is just so Tadokoro.

As for the chapter itself, the whole "Do X or you will be expelled" thing gets pretty tiresome. I mean, I get it, its supposed to be a super hard school, but for chrissakes.

I can't decide, man. Erina is a food-tsundere, but Tadokoro is just so Tadokoro.

As for the chapter itself, the whole "Do X or you will be expelled" thing gets pretty tiresome. I mean, I get it, its supposed to be a super hard school, but for chrissakes.

I feel like that'll probably tone down once we get out of freshman year, gotta weed out all the no talents after all.

Haikyuu!! 56
tumblr_mlb0pelof21qbxqfpo1_400.png

I love when everyone on the team scores but it always feels extra special to me when Tsuki scores (and how he is afterwards while everyone else is all hyped and excited), and then whenever Tanaka scores, its just so exciting and he looks so into it and whatnot. Really awesome strategy there, am hyped for more. Push em back Push em back!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You should hurry up and accept Tadokoro as the best thing already. I'm seeing progress but it's still taking you way too long.

Also shipping aside, Tadokoro is the best thing.

But food-tsundere

Wiseblade

Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth 23

I just realised why Tenten never shows up in Kishi's spin-off. Because otherwise she'd be in the corner of every panel giving a straight man reaction to EVERYTHING.

upandaway

But food-tsundere
She's pretty cool.

My assessment is currently pending when she tsundere-cooks, in addition to tsundere-judging.

So, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes (manga) worth checking out?
All of the S;G spinoff manga are really nice (and there's a great dude pledging to translate all of them), but only for after reading the VN (retcon: /watching the anime). The official manga isn't really a good substitute to the Real Thing™.

Dunno about the other two (yet)!

From what I understand Chaos;Head comes before S;G so I'd check that out first anyway.
As far as I understand it C;H and S;G are independent from each other save for very few references that are easily ignorable. So I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Just watched Film Z, enjoyed it a lot more then Strong World. The scale, story, drama, and characters were all much better. Also the film gave a far better introduction to Aokiji post time skip then the manga did.

Angry Grimace

She's pretty cool.

My assessment is currently pending when she tsundere-cooks, in addition to tsundere-judging.

I doubt whatever MC's name is has enough brainpower to even notice either Tadokoro or Erina. It's one of those series where the MC is an oblivious idiot.

All of the S;G spinoff manga are really nice (and there's a great dude pledging to translate all of them), but only for after reading the VN (retcon: /watching the anime). The official manga isn't really a good substitute to the Real Thing™.

Dunno about the other two (yet)!

As far as I understand it C;H and S;G are independent from each other save for very few references that are easily ignorable. So I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Ah, nice. Guess I'll watch the anime first and decide whether I want to go through all that hassle to buy the PC version.

bigkrev

US Jump lineup

Toriko
Naruto
One Piece
One-Punch Man
DragonBall Z
World Trigger
Cross Manage
Bleach
Nisekoi

Zexal is back next week

upandaway

Haikyuu

I still don't get how Tanaka didn't win that poll. I mean just look at this chapter.

Ah, nice. Guess I'll watch the anime first and decide whether I want to go through all that hassle to buy the PC version.
Wait wait, the Chaos;Head anime? I heard it really sucks. I didn't watch the S;G anime yet but they say it's pretty good.

Though InfiniteNine did say in the VN thread that they should be announcing an english release of S;G soon (July was it?)...

upandaway

I doubt whatever MC's name is has enough brainpower to even notice either Tadokoro or Erina. It's one of those series where the MC is an oblivious idiot.
As far as that stuff goes I'm just waiting for tosh to draw a hentai chapter or two with suspiciously similar characters with suspiciously similar personalities in a suspiciously similar setting. Any further speculation pales in comparison to when/if that hits us.

Angry Grimace

Haikyuu

I still don't get how Tanaka didn't win that poll. I mean just look at this chapter.

Wait wait, the Chaos;Head anime? I heard it really sucks. I didn't watch the S;G anime yet but they say it's pretty good.

Though InfiniteNine did say in the VN thread that they should be announcing an english release of S;G soon (July was it?)...

S;G is the only good one. People tolerated R;N just because S;G was good. Never even saw C;H because its supposedly nonsensical.

upandaway

S;G is the only good one. People tolerated R;N just because S;G was good. Never even saw C;H because its supposedly nonsensical.
I don't plan on ever approaching C;H's anime but most people I rely on for opinions were divided on whether the VN is better than S;G's or not, so I'm pretty excited.

while we're talking about this by the way, please no spoilers from anyone

I was thinking both actually :lol It's only 12 episodes

what could possibly go wrong?!

Otogi no Machi no Rena 1-53

This is pretty good. The art isn't the greatest but it's servicable. The characters are fun, I really liked Kolo for the short time she was in it. The story has been done before but I don't think I've read anything where the MC births magic rodents. It seems that the scans are up to the last volume so it shouldn't be long to wait to see the end.

You seriously read all the chapters ?
Does it get better ?

Noblesse

Ohhh, plot. Nice. I wanted to know what drove Rai to sleep. Finally getting some info. What took them so long? Is Rai lying about him recovering, because he does seem better. Any who now that the Union know about the Noblesse there are 2 options.

1- Back off for a while and make new planes to accommodate the new obtained info.
2- Launch immediate full scale assault on lukedonia and Rai simultaneously. The end game is near. the Union is ready i wonder if Lukedonia is, especially since Rajack got injured from 6th and 7th elders. I can´t wait to see Gajeutel to start fighting, and i want to see the Lord going in at full power.

Angry Grimace

S;G is actually really good, although shit doesn't get real until like halfway through the entire show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom