• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Berserk Vol. 3

Ok, shit just got real with the Godhand and I loved this volume. Crazy to see that one of the Godhand was one of his friends. I'm guessing that is how he became a member of the Godhand by sacrificing Guts. Anyways, I loved the first two volumes, but this one was just great. I'm hooked on this manga now.

Oh man, you think it's real now?

ha

haha

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

wonzo

Banned
Aku no Hana 44
akunohana44.jpg

ronpaulitshappening.gif

Magi 181

Fuck yeah Alibaba!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
On the plus (minus?) side, there's no Naruto this week so we only have to endure people bitching about whether Bleach is worse than One Piece and not a three way.

Defuser

Magi 181

I really like Kouha, he remembers every name of his army soldiers and protects them with his life. And FUCK YEAH Alibaba to the rescue!!!

survivor

Banned
It's Not Like That, Darling

So incredibly stupid and corny and filled with bad cliches. I don't know what has a worse premise, this or Knight in the Area.

Jintor

Wise choice.

I always struggle against the realisation that if I'm not enjoying a manga early I probably won't enjoy it later, even if truly epic plot twists or shakeups or something come into play.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Off topic but, I hope no one here in mangaGAF is affected by the terrifying Boston bombing.

Condolences to all suffering due to it. What a news story to hear this morning, damn.

Stay safe to all of you folks, wherever you are in the world.

Wiseblade

Off topic but, I hope no one here in mangaGAF is affected by the terrifying Boston bombing.

Condolences to all suffering due to it. What a news story to hear this morning, damn.

Stay safe to all of you folks, wherever you are in the world.

I like to assume that the 504 errors earlier were from every single member of GAF trying to post their condolences and give and "I'm fine!" update at the same time.

...And a few of them were making puns too.

survivor

Banned
Tomodachi no Hanashi vol 1 End?
igO29q4vdpFP6.jpg
i1kkK7DFYpQHa.jpg

This manga ponders the question of what degree will you go to stop your best friend from getting a boyfriend and thus continue your secret yuri love? The earlier parts of the manga gave some strong vibes of Ore Monogatari. The setup changed a little so instead of the beautiful guy who gets all the girls and the ugly friend, we have the beautiful girl who gets all the guys, and her.. beautiful friend who can't seem to get any boyfriend. The comparison pretty much stops here since both manga go to completely different routes, but it was funny seeing how dynamic between the two main characters in both manga mimicked each other pretty closely even to the point of the beautiful MC not dating anyone else due to all the potential boyfriends/girlfriends being assholes towards their best friend.

One thing in particular I liked was the different narrative point of view for each chapter. I think I have only come accross one other shoujo manga that did this trick and it was short too (2 volumes). I wish more romance shoujo will play up the different POV technique since it allows for far more interesting scenarios. I'm also a fan of excessive inner dialogues and this manga had plenty of them which is always fun to read, but then when you see the character's real problems you just realize how stupid they are. I just could never care about Moe protectiveness of Eiko and honestly it did get irritating seeing how hard she tried to ruin Eiko's date with Narugami.

So going by the translators post it appears that the only thing missing is an extra chapter from the volume. Do you know if it's important, Lain? Am I missing any relevant plot details? Will Tsuchida find true love or is he doomed to be forever alone especially now that Narugami got Eiko and by default Moe.

survivor

Banned
Prunus Girl End

Shamelessly stealing Akito's picture, but this point needs to be repeated again. A bad gimmicky romcom manga with forgettable characters and aimless story. The only positive thing I can say about it is that the ending didn't troll us.

El Sloth

Banned
Aku no Hana 44

769wf2l.png

ahhhhhh, this chapter

I can't believe he finally nutted up and did it. It feels strangely satisfying.

He's going to get his ass beat next chapter though.

Was referring to those who were shocked by it.

I will say it was boring at times, although the disturbance of it was sort of a drive to see how depraved it got. But once
piss girl left
it became... not as depraved and boring as a result.

I'm talking about Hot House. Domina no Do wasn't always boring, though it definitely was at points.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guys, vile filth is just vile filth. It isn't secretly good or deep. The fact that Hot House exists doesn't make lesser vile filth and less vile and useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom