• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Two people out of what, 10 regulars? 15 regulars? And it's not like people are taking their baits every week. Heck, I still think that Beam is relatively harmless, especially compared to Big One, who likes to get really personal (and should be banned for it).
Big One is as harmless as a lamb. He's angel soft, funny too.

Solune

I don't know if it's because I've been away so long from manga but Nisekoi has been enjoyable.

3n2tzwt.png

Raku refining his taste.

Also, Dat Color Page from 65

upandaway

I don't know if it's because I've been away so long from manga but Nisekoi has been enjoyable.

http://i.imgur.com/3n2tzwt.png[IMG]

Raku refining his taste.

Also, [URL="http://i.imgur.com/7VF2WJs.jpg"]Dat Color Page from 65[/URL][/QUOTE]
Those Nisekoi color pages man, every time

Akito

Jump Issue #21 Bottom 10
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Koisuru Edison
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Gintama
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Hungry Joker
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jump Issue #21 Bottom 10
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Koisuru Edison
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Gintama
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Hungry Joker

That's better, but it could be lower.

Depending on how many series are starting, Cross Manage might survive another round of elimination.

Wiseblade

Wait. They made the anime to push the manga sales and then did a DBZ + OP anime cross over to push the anime?

Can't they just pick another manga to replace one of the big three?

Pick what? Shueisha hasn't had a battle manga with staying power in AGES. Sensei no Bulge/BARRAGE died as soon as it began. Hungry Joker is circling the drain. Magico only lasted a year. Beelzebub is at its worst in battle arcs and Medaka Box is ending. There's nothing else.

Speaking of shipping, there are some really crazy ones that either make you laugh or go wtf.

Then the names they call that ship is hilarious. Pokemon shipping is notorious for this.

Oh that note I have started the Oriemo manga. Way different in tone than the anime or light novel. I'm enjoying it so far.

My favorite pokemon ships are PreciousMetalShipping, PalletShipping and SacredShipping.

'Harmless' is something I would use for DTL, though he occasionally slips up too.

Big One... not really.

Thanks, I guess.

Jump Issue #21 Bottom 10
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Koisuru Edison
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Gintama
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Hungry Joker

So world trigger is 12th of 22? Guess its guaranteed to last a year and build up, its getting a nice flow of fanarts, so I guess its liked by lots of people. Anyway, I love it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pick what? Shueisha hasn't had a battle manga with staying power in AGES. Sensei no Bulge/BARRAGE died as soon as it began. Hungry Joker is circling the drain. Magico only lasted a year. Beelzebub is at its worst in battle arcs and Medaka Box is ending. There's nothing else.

Give it another year or so and Assassination Classroom could have a proper Gintama-esque gag anime.
Unless Cerebus syndrome hits it hard and it becomes a battle manga. Considering recent events, that part seems to be set-up.

Qvoth

just glanced through hungry joker 21
i'd say it'll end in the next chapter
too bad, i remember the one shot was pretty good, but tbh even chapter 1 it wasn't that good
world trigger though, it has a lot more potential, just hope to god we can get something that lasts a few years at the least

At this rate, Shueisha will moneyhat Kubo and Kishi to write sequels the second Bleach and Naruto end.

When is the last time an author had a successful/popular jump series, then made another manga for Jump that was just as or even more popular? Toriyama with Slump -> Dragon Ball and the guy who does JoJo if you consider each part a sequel

Wiseblade

When is the last time an author had a successful/popular jump series, then made another manga for Jump that was just as or even more popular? Toriyama with Slump -> Dragon Ball and the guy who does JoJo if you consider each part a sequel

Wasn't there a time HunterxHunter was bigger than YuYuHakusho? And Dragonball is WAY bigger than Dr. Slump.

Wasn't there a time HunterxHunter was bigger than YuYuHakusho? And Dragonball is WAY bigger than Dr. Slump.

Herp de derp forgot about yyh-HxH -.- lol and yes I already mentioned dragon ball. I also am reminded of Buso Renkin which was a flop by comparison. I guess what I'm asking is historically do authors usually come back to jump and make a better second series or a worse second series?

But replacing Bleach isn't enough, when Naruto is going to end soon.

Honestly it's probably better to have a wide variety of manga selling bleach or better numbers to a wider audience then another big shonen fight series selling to most of the already established op/naruto/bleach fans

Akito

Herp de derp forgot about yyh-HxH -.- lol and yes I already mentioned dragon ball. I also am reminded of Buso Renkin which was a flop by comparison. I guess what I'm asking is historically do authors usually come back to jump and make a better second series or a worse second series?
There are examples for both cases so I don't think you can make a general statement here.

survivor

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 8-15

Goddess of the Forge? What a convenient excuse to not have Ken and Natsu get together. I wonder who Akechi Mitsuhide is and what's his relation to Nobunaga in real life. I suppose I can just look him up on Wikipedia but that will ruin the fun.

HXH does better than YYH. It helps that there are more HXH volumes than YYH volumes already and each sold around 1 mil or more.

BTW isn't Kishi writing a new manga for SQ since he said that in the author's comment section? I just hope its better than Naruto.

Naruto looks to seriously end in the next 6 months unless something happens.

HXH does better than YYH. It helps that there are more HXH volumes than YYH volumes already and each sold around 1 mil or more.

BTW isn't Kishi writing a new manga for SQ since he said that in the author's comment section? I just hope its better than Naruto.

Naruto looks to seriously end in the next 6 months unless something happens.

Its a one shot in JUMP SQ
tumblr_mlco2mZJSO1qbxqfpo1_400.png

survivor

Banned
Again!! 32-33

What? No, seriously what? I never thought we would jump back into the present (future?) so early in the manga. I was actually hoping the time travel bullshit doesn't get brought up till the end of the story. I'm not sure if it's really a good idea to start jumping back and forth between the past and the present day. And I really hope we don't spend that much time explaining time travel mechanics in this world cause it has no relevance to the story. At the very least this explains why the cover features both Aki and Hiro being friendly.

Maybe I just started noticing this now, but Kubo is utilizing those face reactions too well. They are getting far more expressive and crazy by the chapter.

Learning about Nobunaga with a cooking manga. Never thought I'd experience that.

Certainly beats learning about history through Sengoku Collection

Honestly it's probably better to have a wide variety of manga selling bleach or better numbers to a wider audience then another big shonen fight series selling to most of the already established op/naruto/bleach fans

Of course that would be better, but the way people here talk about Shueisha, it seems like they're much like game publishers, who think they have to put out games that make CoD numbers.

Wiseblade

I'd disagree. A magazine full of Bleach level works isn't going to sell the numbers that Jump currently works and the newer series will struggle from reduced exposure. Ideally you want a few Naruto-level works (and hopefully a DB/OP megahit) to draw people into reading the magazine and promote the "lesser" manga. A magazine full of Bleach level stuff doesn't have a big draw that the last 25 years of Jump have shown is really important.

Kurita

Hunter x Hunter vol.15

Lol at the Hunter exam lasting 7 pages
Greed Island is getting more interesting, cool to see the Brigade involved in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom