• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Berserk 176 (Retribution END)

That wasn't bad. A lot of the characters were pretty interesting and the whole thing was generally entertaining. I have no idea how the Elf Island I've read about in ManGAF posts is going to factor into the story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well he posts a lot in the Anime OT.
And since there are like 8 OT/season...

Maybe, but even assuming he's posting at my Manga thread rate (which is like 6 or 7 thousand posts), that alone wouldn't combine to something like 21K total posts.

Drifters 35

Yep, someone who thinks Adolf Hitler was a boss really seems like someone you should be negotiating with.

Kiruko-san 13

gueOfTv.png

Doesn't strike me as something you'd want to shout about.

Actually, this one got a smile out of me, which makes it an above average chapter for this series.

Perowan! 14
never trust witches never trust witches never trust witches never trust witches never trust witches never trust witches

You've only got 4 chapters left to get your trolling on, so hop to it girl. I know she's effectively the villain, but honestly, if she's planning something that ends up screwing over generic MC #2368 or awful dog girl then I'm all in favour.

They really love Nisekoi so much this week, cover, color page, poll page, preview page...
tumblr_mji9nj4sZD1qbxqfpo1_500.png
Ruri in not-last is glorious.

Marika in last is not glorious.

Tower of God

Holy shit this workshop battle is going to be awesome. The team poses were pretty great and the idea of them all coming together and facing each other is awesome. Can't wait.

Magi

Alibaba's badass entrance achieved. Mu's Djinn equip was kind of underwhelming.

survivor

Banned
Perowan! 14

You've only got 4 chapters left to get your trolling on, so hop to it girl. I know she's effectively the villain, but honestly, if she's planning something that ends up screwing over generic MC #2368 or awful dog girl then I'm all in favour.
Oooh, didn't know dog smut manga was over. I should get back to it and see what new ways is the witch trolling them.

upandaway

Iinazuke Kyoutei 7

Consider yourself lucky that I didn't post any panel from this chapter. I had to resist the temptation at least 20 times.

I mean seriously. This chapter. I'm still in shock at the part with his underwear.

Kusagari

I don't understand how DTL has more total posts than I do when he has way less posts than I do total in this thread and he only posts in the anime and manga threads.

I've seen him post on Gaming and OT sometimes.

It's always fun seeing the uninitiated react to his avatars.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Korra had some major problems, but it was a pretty decent experience imo.
If they can just stop pandering the pairers and adding deus ex machinas, season 2 should be pretty good.

I won't judge Korra until it's completed, I thought the first season of Avatar Last Airbender was pretty lame at first but it grew on me as I saw the later books/seasons.

Korra had some major problems, but it was a pretty decent experience imo.

It really, really, really, really wasn't. It was allegedly aimed at an older audience than TLA but it managed to be more juvenile and radically stupid with only the barest effort at narrative cohesion.

Basically I think Beam would like it.

Wiseblade

Just so long as it's not that vile Korra shit.
ibiAYqm4mltpvM.gif

I absolutely loved Korra, flaws and all.

Am I the only one?
You are not alone! Korra has some serious flaws and doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, but it was an enjoyable ride. And it's not even remotely finished, so it doesn't really seem fair to talk in absolutes yet.

But Beam likes Bleach, therefore his taste is good.
I hate to break it to you, but...

Inferior american animu

ifoQZMggPVtWA.gif

YAWN

Like I said, Korra has big problems (Mako for one), but I'd rather take a decent enough story with terribad teen romances over crappy moe loli kawaii desu shite that's currently plaguing the industry.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
You are not alone! Korra has some serious flaws and doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, but it was an enjoyable ride. And it's not even remotely finished, so it doesn't really seem fair to talk in absolutes yet.

Agreed, and honestly I'd put it up against season of of ATLA. It's not really till 2 and 3 that it becomes one of the best shows, season 1 is still great in parts.

I just liked Korra more. And I can not wait for season 2 of it. It has so much potential to be the best yet.

City of Darkness 41

The manga has thrown alot of craziness at readers and I've said woah a few times. This latest chapter though...oh woah smh. Tornado is a sick/evil evil dude.

YAWN

Agreed, and honestly I'd put it up against season of of ATLA. It's not really till 2 and 3 that it becomes one of the best shows, season 1 is still great in parts.

Yeah, after rewatching ATLA season 1 a couple of times, you start to notice it's flaws. Childish humour, filler, bad animation, etc. I give it a pass though, as it was a new, daring show when it started. It also has Jet and The Fortune Teller, which are some of the best episodes. I also preferred grumpy Sokka compared to his more happy attitude he found in season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom