• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Berserk 158

vmJRw6v.jpg

Even as a child she got off on killing people and pain. Someone end her already.

E: and I couldn't believe, when I saw the orgy goat god again. It's so nice that even events in flashbacks, like that of the count's, aren't just thrown away.

smirkygirl500x374.jpg

?

I probably should check out berserk. People reading through it now kinda makes me want to start.

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 5

S020rt2.png

I love Noah. New villain is awesome, especially his "light side and dark side" bit. I look forward to seeing him in action.

Edit: Doh, wrong volume.

http://api.ning.com/files/Ux7BHEMo9Gr6oSHDOCMxsjzuLqVTIIBylX9r-m9ztII1RFlZjjy0IQiLXSDM9jNPWyaaKgyGtj9Q3J-poMcAxBXUoG3FqL7y/smirkygirl500x374.jpg[img]

?

I probably should check out berserk. People reading through it now kinda makes me want to start.[/QUOTE]

I chuckled.

But yes, Berserk is definitely worth a read, as far as I can tell. It's not a revelation or the best manga ever, but absolutely enjoyable and it got some great art.

Berserk 180

iJNKC6j.jpg

The last 5 or so chapters were so bizarre in just about everything. It's happening again and Gutts decision should be clear, but it isn't. And I don't really understand the skull knight's motivation, other than collecting the Behelits, but why is he helping the humans? Meanwhile this guy we haven't seen before basically turned into a living Behelit and just ate the demon baby. What.

The art should be great nightmare fuel, but it's too bizarre.

survivor

Banned
Monster Waifus 11-12

The shapeshifter, ogre, cyclops, and zombie girl were all in that monsters poll right? So I guess that's one way of introducing all these new monster waifus without adding them to the main harem. Were there any other monsters left? Spider girl I'd assume?

Mermaid's story was hilarious, it's not that often you see waifus rooting for NTR end lol

The Voynich Hotel 32

It's weird how one character gets killed off and everyone else's preparing for the festival. But that's how great this series is.

survivor

Banned
Ore Monogatari 1a-1d (what kind of awful numbering scheme is that?)
iqY9tXS.png

This shoujo series has always been some sort of a mystery to me. Every time I went to Betsuma's website, I would always see ads for it and the promotional pictures did not look appealing one bit. But then I read about Da Vinci magazine listing it as one of their top female oriented manga for 2012. Not that I put a lot of weight into their choices (Detective Conan, One Piece, and Kimi ni Todoke are all terrible choices), but it was odd that this manga would be the one to stand out from the rest of the crowd, especially since how there were other 2012 shoujo series that I would have liked to see nominated instead.

But then last month, I read that the manga was nominated for the Taisho award and it really pushed me to read it. There must be a reason that a shoujo manga with a cover like this is getting praised so much
4VP5Vj2.jpg
vIxMCTi.jpg

The middle dude, Takeo, is the protagonist of the story which I suppose is the uniqueness factor for this manga cause really how many other romance stories with an ugly MC are out there? Anyway, he is best friends with the handsome, Suna, who plays exactly like any typical shoujo lead, the ones that all the girls go after, but always denies them cause he is cool like that. One day, Takeo saves the main girl, Yamato and she ends up liking him, but Takeo misunderstands and thinks she is going after Suna. A stupid misunderstanding, but surprisingly it all gets cleared up very quickly (4 chapters).

And that's pretty much all the available chapters translated so far. Did this end up being the saviour of shoujo like I thought it would be? Not really, but it wasn't terrible so that's something. It also had brisk pacing for the first 4 chapters at least, and reading some of the comments online, that strong pacing supposedly keeps up for the first 3 volumes.

I guess I can see why something like this ending up getting the attention of award judges and surprisingly the main public since its sales exploded recently. It gives a sort of fresh perspective on the genre (as far as I'm aware, I could be totally wrong) with passable art. Also, for what its worth, the writer of High School Debut is actually writing this manga, collaborating with Aruko for the art. I didn't finish Debut yet, but from the 8 volumes I read, it didn't have that many stupid scenarios so that gives me hope for this manga.

It really, really, really, really wasn't. It was allegedly aimed at an older audience than TLA but it managed to be more juvenile and radically stupid with only the barest effort at narrative cohesion.

Basically I think Beam would like it.

It´s the other way around since you like the kiddy one piece. And i despise Korra. Unlike you i don´t like shit art, shitty shallow obnoxious characters, and a meh story.

It´s funny how you start to make shit up because you can´t argue for shit. Besides you are one of the last person who should talk about shit taste since you are full of it.

lol you always post this GIF

Wiseblade is still the king of reposting GIFs though.

I only notice because its a funny GIF haha

WTF with your edit. Now you people are making shit up. I never even once mention that. I guess one piece cheep mentality works well on you guys..

Case in point

I hate to break it to you, but...
Yet another cheep.
Yes, funny facial expressions drawn by Korean animators are a great substitute for actual character development.

Lol. As if you know what character development is since you read one piece.

If you want to read the saviour of shoujo than you should read 7 seeds.

I´m thinking about starting this when i have the time. 122 chapters are not bad to catch up to.

D. Gray Man Volume 6

S020rt2.png

I love Noah. New villain is awesome, especially his "light side and dark side" bit. I look forward to seeing him in action.

I love D. Gray-Man. The first 150-160 chapters are so damn amazing. You will see.

Berserk 197

erX3od5.jpg

It's the perfect reaction.

As if he wasn't unstoppable already, he also gathered followers that beat everything he ever had before. Which I don't really get, because it looked like the came out of nowhere. Anyway, good luck with that, Gutts.

If you want to read the saviour of shoujo than you should read 7 seeds.
It's the best thing you've said all day.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I gotta finish Basara first. I left off at volume 14, and now I don't remember what the hell I read. Probably gotta give it a reread to refresh my memory.

I don't blame you. It got incredibly convoluted even as I was marathoning it.

Still worth a read though.

Shouta

AKB49 124

Yessss. Return of the Twin-Tailed Tsundere Goddess.

Kono S wo Mi yo 150

Damn, such a good chapter. A real talk between the two characters and some real words being spoken finally. I ain't telling who though, 'cause it's a spoiler lol.

Kurozaka - 01

Wanted to get my yandere fix for the night, so I put "yandere" into MangaUpdates' search engine and picked something at random.

Really interesting thus far. Kind of reminds me of Requiem from the Darkness with a dash of xxxHolic.

Azure J

Magi 176

Barbatos started wrecking shit something fierce this chapter. That is of course until based Alibaba joined the brawl. Chapter felt so abrupt though

Monster Girls

The mermaid dream is hilarious. It's also hilarious how Mia has pretty much come to the realization that she's best girl by herself.

Reknoc

Monster Girls

hahaha damn, the Mermaid's dream made me lose it.

edit: Guess it'll be time to introduce a new one soon, pretty sure Dullahan did well in the poll and showed up in his pixiv stuff.

AKB49 124

Yessss. Return of the Twin-Tailed Tsundere Goddess.

WOO

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Berserk 197

erX3od5.jpg

It's the perfect reaction.

As if he wasn't unstoppable already, he also gathered followers that beat everything he ever had before. Which I don't really get, because it looked like the came out of nowhere. Anyway, good luck with that, Gutts.

It's the best thing you've said all day.

Damn, looking at your reactions and postings there are so many things I don't remember from Berserk. Only rape. And weird egg thing.

I think it's time for the reread!

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 6(My last post said Vol. 6 as well but it was actually 5, woops)

Oh snap, what a cliffhanger. I liked the short story about Suman and learning of "The Fallen", visually disturbing, but in a good way!

Onto the next volume, which supposedly features Miranda. Woo!

Damn, looking at your reactions and postings there are so many things I don't remember from Berserk. Only rape. And weird egg thing.

I think it's time for the reread!

Hehe, yeah. I can't blame you, though. The author was way more ... detailed with his sex scenes in the later chapters (pretty much hentai) and I think every woman in the manga with a more or less significant role has been raped. Heck, even Gutts got raped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom