• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Some stuff from the newest OP volumes, the ID crew when they were kids (and as a bonus Lola if she ate the Sube Sube no Mi)

ibq70QFnANocEg.jpg

wonzo

Banned
smh @ all the scrubs putting that poorly written pile of ugly CG ridden shit known as Korra on any pedestal other than the one at the local garbage dump.

Agreed, and honestly I'd put it up against season of of ATLA. It's not really till 2 and 3 that it becomes one of the best shows, season 1 is still great in parts.

I just liked Korra more. And I can not wait for season 2 of it. It has so much potential to be the best yet.

Korra is that good? Is Zuko in it? Ive been trying to see if it would ever get a blu ray release...but I guess the studio doesnt want my money...

Stinky

Some stuff from the newest OP volumes, the ID crew when they were kids (and as a bonus Lola if she ate the Sube Sube no Mi)

Haha, love these. Hannyabal looks so enthusiastic. Poor Magellan, but his hydra shirt is incredible

I WILL NOT LET YOU PASS!!

Toriko Melk Stardust Arc

Seems like we have a potential love interest for Komatsu, too bad this is Shonen Jump the best we can hope for is a time skip child. The arc itself was pretty short but continues to show Komatsu's development and growth as a character. His new knife seems more powerful then anything Toriko has shown off so far perhaps Komatsu will finally get to see some action.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Korra is that good? Is Zuko in it? Ive been trying to see if it would ever get a blu ray release...but I guess the studio doesnt want my money...

I think so, and I'm not really going to answer that one. You should watch it for sure. I get the hate, but a lot of the more vocal vehement stuff is silly to me. Great pacing and an awesome villain.

Yeah, after rewatching ATLA season 1 a couple of times, you start to notice it's flaws. Childish humour, filler, bad animation, etc. I give it a pass though, as it was a new, daring show when it started. It also has Jet and The Fortune Teller, which are some of the best episodes. I also preferred grumpy Sokka compared to his more happy attitude he found in season 2.

Pretty much. It's mainly the filler that gets me, but I still love it. And your right about both of those eps.

Great pacing? Korra? Disagreed.

The villain was trash too. He had potential but then they got lazy and went with the "he is what he claims to hate" trope allowing them to hand wave away the entire central conflict of the series. Oops, your messiah was a fraud. You can call off the campaign for social justice now, let's all go home and pretend this never happened.

Not to mention his motivations are never actually explained.

Step 1: Angsty childhood
Step 2: Disappear for a few decades
Step 3: ????
Step 4: ALL BENDING SUXORZ

Jintor

They really could have done something with the inequality storyline. It's inherent to any world with a social class system derived from being born into magic powers that's reached a certain level of social equality, but they fucking skimped out.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
The villain was trash too. He had potential but then they got lazy and went with the "he is what he claims to hate" trope allowing them to hand wave away the entire central conflict of the series. Oops, your messiah was a fraud. You can call off the campaign for social justice now, let's all go home and pretend this never happened.

Not to mention his motivations are never actually explained.

Step 1: Angsty childhood
Step 2: Disappear for a few decades
Step 3: ????
Step 4: ALL BENDING SUXORZ

Nah, I bought it and his back story. The only thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was peeps getting their bending back and that rushed ending. End of the day though my enjoyment was through the roof and I can't get enough.

Yonafunu

The ending was terrible. Everybody getting their bending back, after making such a big deal out of losing it was horrible. Especially with the policewoman, and not to mention Korra herself. Having season 2 be about getting her powers back would at least have been interesting.
But nooooo.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko Melk Stardust Arc

Seems like we have a potential love interest for Komatsu, too bad this is Shonen Jump the best we can hope for is a time skip child. The arc itself was pretty short but continues to show Komatsu's development and growth as a character. His new knife seems more powerful then anything Toriko has shown off so far perhaps Komatsu will finally get to see some action.

He doesn't fight, but his cooking improves.

Really though, Komatsu has more development than Toriko. At some points he feels like the true protagonist.

7Th

smh @ all the scrubs putting that poorly written pile of ugly CG ridden shit known as Korra on any pedestal other than the one at the local garbage dump.

The ugly CG would be bearable if the storytelling and characterization wasn't so fucking bad.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
The ending was terrible. Everybody getting their bending back, after making such a big deal out of losing it was horrible. Especially with the policewoman, and not to mention Korra herself. Having season 2 be about getting her powers back would at least have been interesting.
But nooooo.

Yeah, it really did seem like that would have been the perfect ending + setup for season 2. Oh well, it didn't happen so I move on and shrug it off. In truth though I'm really glad that angle seems to be out in its entirety and they know they have more than just one season to work with left, so hopefully it'll flow better over the long run.

edit: okay enough derailing lol.

manga news /discussion |WTF| If it's not wednesday, it's Avatar time

survivor

Banned
Prunus Girl 38-41

Who are these people? What's their relationship? What's going on? Why the fuck am I lost reading a romcom manga? Aikawa is still god tier

Wiseblade

They really could have done something with the inequality storyline. It's inherent to any world with a social class system derived from being born into magic powers that's reached a certain level of social equality, but they fucking skimped out.

What's to say that book 2 won't deal with that? It's not like the ending of book one explicitly stated that everyone was happy. There's totally room for a plot revolving around non-benders still feeling like second class citizens.

Terra Formars v3
tumblr_mjiu0t4C9K1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think a major question from last volume is still unanswered and they almost reached it but its still far off. How did they get up there and can breath so high in Mars atmosphere and additionally how did they know they were even coming. I wonder how they even communicate unless I missed it from a previous volume. I guess they are fairly intelligent as that one had a gun at one point, maybe they are communicating with someone from Earth for something.

Still made the mistake of getting way attached to the characters, really hoping the best for Alex, epic Marcos, and even Akari. As the futures hope surely they wont meet the same fate as awful Sheila? I just don't know how they could survive for 40 days.

Pulse blasts was the most shocking moment.

What's to say that book 2 won't deal with that? It's not like the ending of book one explicitly stated that everyone was happy. There's totally room for a plot revolving around non-benders still feeling like second class citizens.

It won't retroactively make Amon not trash.

survivor

Banned
Yeah, I just saw the next chapter message. Did not think this would end anytime soon. Let's hope the final chapter has more than 20 pages. Oh and please no troll ending like revealing that Aikawa is a girl.

upandaway

Yeah, I just saw the next chapter message. Did not think this would end anytime soon. Let's hope the final chapter has more than 20 pages. Oh and please don't troll and make Aikawa a girl.
Didn't he see her private parts or something or somehow which would prove she's male?

I remember someone saying that and I was too lazy to check

Toriko 126

I would have been surprised by the Warden's true appearance if this wasn't the 5th time Toriko has tried to fake me out with this "this legendary person must look like an X" and looks completely different.

survivor

Banned
Next chapter is most likely the last. It's currently on break though so we'll have to wait for another month.
Let's hope the author utilizes the break effectively and draws a 40 pages chapter.

Didn't he see her private parts or something or somehow which would prove she's male?

I remember someone saying that and I was too lazy to check

With these types of manga, you never know man, they can pull any sort of troll ending.

survivor

Banned
Perowan

Playing tennis in maids outfits. Now I have seen everything

I don't like where this shit is heading. I sense some DRAMA being added and it's lame. You are writing a god damn manga about a dog that turns into a girl, you really don't need any of the extra bullshit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Prunus Girl 38-41

Who are these people? What's their relationship? What's going on? Why the fuck am I lost reading a romcom manga? Aikawa is still god tier

So is the ending of prunus girl kind of a trainwreck? Was planning to wait for the end in order to catch up.

survivor

Banned
Spotter Flower 8
Hahaha, that was a reversed "Put pOnOs (A) to vagOOO (B)" strategy. Stills fails miserably :lol

Holy shit, this chapter was amazing. The plan backfired beautifully.

So is the ending of prunus girl kind of a trainwreck? Was planning to wait for the end in order to catch up.
Like Akito said, the ending came out of nowhere. The only reason I'm lost is cause I haven't read the manga for months so I forgot all the developments.

Berserk 158

vmJRw6v.jpg

Even as a child she got off on killing people and pain. Someone end her already.

E: and I couldn't believe, when I saw the orgy goat god again. It's so nice that even events in flashbacks, like that of the count's, aren't just thrown away.

Jintor

I'm judging korra for what it is, not what it could be.

Berserk 170

2hq9Gzr.jpg

Behold, the miracles of religion, durrrr.

I can't wait for Gutts to slash him in half. I'm just wondering what role Mozgus is going to play during the feast.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ghost Sweeper Mikami Earthquake Relief Special

I don't know why but this series always put a big smile on my face, glad to see it came back even if only for 2 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom