• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

Eh, okay. It was cool to see Ryuuken showing at least some emotion though.

Until now but he's clearly grown up as a character. It depends on what Oda's going to do with him really, if he will still be oneshoted then it would have been a waste of time, yes. For now let's wait and see.

Exactly. I'm not sure I get the criticism against bringing Bellamy back. One can argue that he's a shitty character (because he was) but this is post-timeskip, he's completely different.

I'm a bit pissed that he went up to Skypeia, probably wreaked havoc and stole what was rightfully Luffy's though.

You really believe him? More likely he went to Skypeia looking for Luffy, they the natives thought he was a friend and gave him a present to take back to Luffy.

All I'm saying is that it's a bit out of nowhere to think that Bellamy is suddenly some sort of meaningful character with an important background and a great dream that needs to be achieved. Luffy didn't give a single fuck after he heard his story. The only thing he cared about was whether or not he harmed the sky people.

Why does every character need to be meaningful?

Why does every character need to be meaningful?

I never said that every character needs to be meaningful.

Here is picklecannon's post again:
I could either see a luffy bellamy final (luffy will give up without anyone finding out hes luffy so bellamy can achieve his goal of joining the dofla family) or Burgess killing bellamy in the final and making luffy go ham. Either way we'll probably get bellamy flashbacks. It's just too perfect an opportunity to pass up for Oda to put a disrespectful new rookie in the same block as bellamy to show us just how much hes matured.

And there's simply no reason for any of this to happen.

Luffy vs. Bellamy in the final fight (LOL):
Why on earth would Luffy give up on his brother's devil fruit (the reason he's participating) and put Bellamy's dream (lol) over it?

Burgress killing Bellamy, Luffy gets mad:
Again, there's no indication that Luffy cared at all about Bellamy.

Bellamy getting a flashback:
Total waste of time, but probably likely, since he's linked to Skypiea now.

I never said that every character needs to be meaningful.

Here is picklecannon's post again:

Why on earth would Luffy give up on his brother's devil fruit (the reason he's participating) and put Bellamy's dream (lol) over it?

Well put.

Raxus

One Piece

I wish they would hurry it up and get to the Jinbei reveal.

Caribou in the New World seems to be drawing to a close.

After such a packed chapter it is really odd to see a whole chapter dedicated to fodder in the arena we won't see again. Guess this means Franky is in Block D (if he is even competing). Bellamy will probably reveal something about Skypia at the very least since we haven't heard from them in ages.

Also the fantranslation is awful.

Akito

One Piece

After such a packed chapter it is really odd to see a whole chapter dedicated to fodder in the arena we won't see again. Guess this means Franky is in Block D (if he is even competing). Bellamy will probably reveal something about Skypia at the very least since we haven't heard from them in ages.

There's no need for the spoiler tag.
As for Skypia, the characters are fine as shown in chapters 647-649, I don't think Bellamy has done anything to them.

Brickhunt

I do rather have Bellamy get development and we get to see a few Skypeia flashbacks from him than have him casually one-shottee so a nobody like Batholosomething can shine for a few more chapters.

To be honest, I don't give much of a crap for new or recent characters, I am looking forward the returns of old characters, specially enemies, like Don Krieg's crew and Kuro. Hell I want Enel back just to see him living up to the 500.000.000 bounty Oda gave us back.

Bellamy has no reason at all for the devil fruit. He's just in it to get on dofla's crew

The flashback will probably serve to show how hes changed, as well as also flesh out dofla a little bit. Probably show a little bit more about why his followers are so loyal to him. As to why luffy would care about bellamy, it's a common and reoccurring theme for previous bad guys to come back as good guys in one piece. From obvious characters like bon clay, mr. 3 and hachi to more complicated relationships like smoker and crocodile. At this point I'm more interested in bellamy than 95% of the coliseum contestants so my predictions are just what I hope will happen.

RagnarokX

One Piece

Franky didn't enter the tournament; he's currently looking for the factory with the one-legged toy soldier.

Skab

Monster 1 -10

A friend recommended this a while back but I never got around to reading it then.

A little bit of a slow start, but so far so good.

Bleach

Chapter needed more jokes.

One Piece

Is it me or is Oda putting two possible winners in both round B & D?

C-block obviously has Luffy.

But B has: Bartolomeo & Bellamy

and D: Cavendish and Rebecca

I still stand by my original prediction of Rebecca & Bartolomeo winning, though the latest chapter really made me curious about Bellamy's role.

Bleach

Urahara with that Deus style appearance and I see the tango with Aizen is still going on lol

Now to see what it is and if it was stolen from someone else.

One Piece

To be honest I just chuckled when Bellamy returned but now i'm curious since it seems he has eaten a huge dose of humble pie and i'm wondering what he really did at Skypiea.

I will add him with the other characters that seem "interesting" so far in this arc (Cavendish, Rebecca, Bartolemeo, and Burgess)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece

The fact that the other contestants are focusing on Bellamy pretty much guarantees Bartmeleo's victory. They're underestimating him now.

Bellamy has no reason at all for the devil fruit. He's just in it to get on dofla's crew

The flashback will probably serve to show how hes changed, as well as also flesh out dofla a little bit. Probably show a little bit more about why his followers are so loyal to him. As to why luffy would care about bellamy, it's a common and reoccurring theme for previous bad guys to come back as good guys in one piece. From obvious characters like bon clay, mr. 3 and hachi to more complicated relationships like smoker and crocodile. At this point I'm more interested in bellamy than 95% of the coliseum contestants so my predictions are just what I hope will happen.

Those are good points and I'm just against throwing yet another character into this huge pool or characters, because I don't want it to get even more messy and longer than it needs to be.

survivor

Banned
Honeymoon Salad vol 2

This is starting to remind me of Living Game with people easily moving out of their apartments and living together. I just find it hard to believe that Minori is so willing to accept living together with both Youko and Ichika that fast. Anyway, the manga is trying to make Minori seem uncertain and unsatisfied with his life, but it's just not working that well. Oh yeah, and there is lots and lots of sex in this manga. And not the implied 1-2 panels kind, but the doujin detailed type.

One Piece
Nothing really happen this chapter , guess we will have to wait and see what Oda does with Bellamy.
Still seeing how he change not a bad since he was opposite of Luffy when we first meet him .
The Skypeia guys should be okay since we had cover stories with them .

Bleach
Good chapter everything is coming together .

Kusagari

Bleach

And once again the entire plot of this manga is basically revealed to be a giant chess match between Urahara and Aizen.

One Piece

It's nice to see how Bellamy's changed but I'm almost positive it's happening so we can feel shocked when Bart curbstomps him anyway.

The real interesting thing to focus on now is how D block will go with Cavendish and Rebecca.

Bleach

I may be stating something completely and utterly obvious, but goddamn does the fact that Masaki not having any sort of romantic feelings for Ryuuken abundantly clear.

rouken

One Piece

It's pretty interesting to see Bellamy in a new light. But I'm thinking Oda just changed him just so his defeat from Bartolomeo will be definitely impactful, crushing his dreams of becoming a part of dofla's crew.

One Piece

Is it me or is Oda putting two possible winners in both round B & D?

C-block obviously has Luffy.

But B has: Bartolomeo & Bellamy

and D: Cavendish and Rebecca

I still stand by my original prediction of Rebecca & Bartolomeo winning, though the latest chapter really made me curious about Bellamy's role.

I'm going with Cavendish winning against Rebecca, and beating the hell out of her. Then luffy will go all out in his fight against Cavendish because of it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One Piece:
I expect Bartolomeo to beat Bellamy out, and Bellamy to help Luffy with something later one in the Arc.

I do wonder what Bellamy did up in Skipedia.

Kreed

One Piece 706:

Nothing really happen this chapter , guess we will have to wait and see what Oda does with Bellamy.
Still seeing how he change not a bad since he was opposite of Luffy when we first meet him .
The Skypeia guys should be okay since we had cover stories with them .

That was years ago, both in real life and in the manga. Bellamy could have gone to Skypiea during the 2 years Luffy was training, well after the cover stories. Plus the fact that he brought back a "Pillar of Gold" which I am assuming is also from Skypiea, tells me he did some bad things to get it, considering what Luffy and co had to do to be "rewarded" with theirs.

Kusagari

One Piece 706:

That was years ago, both in real life and in the manga. Bellamy could have gone to Skypiea during the 2 years Luffy was training, well after the cover stories. Plus the fact that he brought back a "Pillar of Gold" which I am assuming is also from Skypiea, tells me he did some bad things to get it, considering what Luffy and co had to do to be "rewarded" with theirs.

I don't know. The Skypieans could have mistaken him as a friend of Luffy's and given it to him as a present.

It doesn't seem like Bellamy's the type of character who would do things like that anymore.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

I may be stating something completely and utterly obvious, but goddamn does the fact that Masaki not having any sort of romantic feelings for Ryuuken abundantly clear.

I don't think Ryuuken really has too many romantic feelings for Masaki either. Both of them seem to consider this "relationship" a means to an end.

One Piece 706:

You forget that it was after the time skip when Oda was doing cover stories showing you what people they know were doing .
For Skypiea it's chapters 645 to 649 so while he might have done something the main guys of the Skypiea arc look okay .
If you look at cover 649 it even looks like they repair the bell so maybe he just found it and run .

Kreed

One Piece 706:

You forget that it was after the time skip when Oda was doing cover stories showing you what people they know were doing .
For Skypiea it's chapters 645 to 649 so while he might have done something the main guys of the Skypiea arc look okay .
If you look at cover 649 it even looks like they repair the bell .

I did forget about those so you're right, if Bellamy did something before those stories, it couldn't have been so bad that it did permanent damage to anyone. But I still think he did something wrong to get that pillar (even if it isn't possible he visited recently/after Fishman Island).

Too bad Bellamy never had the chance to meet Enel.

dramatis

Monster 1 -10

A friend recommended this a while back but I never got around to reading it then.

A little bit of a slow start, but so far so good.
On any other day you might have gotten some people bickering about Urasawa. But alas, it is Wednesday.

I don't think Ryuuken really has too many romantic feelings for Masaki either. Both of them seem to consider this "relationship" a means to an end.

Yeah, it doesn't really look like Ryuuken has genuine feelings for Masaki. He just seems to be protective of her, because of the way his mother treats her.

One Piece 706

Chapter was bad, really don't care about Bellamy or the rest of those minor characters.

Would be nice if Luffy knocks him out in one hit again when they face each other.

i am a hero 143 chinese scans
guess who's back!

Alf?
iK8x95CkPNIDl.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Monster has some really, really, really dumb plot devices.

I got annoyed at Tenma a lot. I can't remember too much else I really hated about it. It's a lot better than 20th Century Boys.

Kurita

Damn it, already lost a unit in Fire Emblem T_T

One Piece

Cool setup chapter, Bartolomeo has a great design, really like him.
Hope to see a flashback to learn more about Bellamy's trip.
I don't know why but he reminds me of Habashira from Eyeshield 21...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom