• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

Bellamy is the best part of the chapter and so intriguing. I hope he has his wish and desires fulfilled. Rest of the characters shown really look to varying lengths just named fodder characters of dull designs for the sake of it. Ready for this arc to finally get rolling.

Damn it, already lost a unit in Fire Emblem T_T

One Piece

Cool setup chapter, Bartolomeo has a great design, really like him.
Hope to see a flashback to learn more about Bellamy's trip.
I don't know why but he reminds me of Habashira from Eyeshield 21...

I thought you wanted to wait until after your test?

Moosichu

Bleach

Yes, Uruhara is amazing. Bleach is literally about who can troll each other the most, Aizen or Uruhara.

One Piece

It will be interesting to see where this arc heads, however one translation had Bellamy act like a complete arse (swears, says 'what indeed?' menacingly when Luffy asks what he did to the citizens of Skypea etc.) whereas the other showed him as having matured. I wonder how it will turn out?

4 kings are just a gear check.

Power Within + Magic Weapon = ezmode

Pfft, you don't need gear or buffs to kill 4K once you get the hang of dodging their attacks (yes, even the grab and heat seeker can be avoided). You can kill them in the 25-35 range with a +10. Not saying they aren't annoying as hell the first time around but yeah.

On topic, once again the "mom" character is awesome and makes you want her to be in the series proper. I already like Masaki more than damn near all of the rest of the female cast of Bleach.

Wiseblade

There are three basic kinds of ways to play a Fire Emblem game:

1) Let it Rock - If somebody dies, you just carry on.
2) No man left behind - If somebody dies, reset and try again.
3) The Madman - If ANYTHING goes wrong (fail to steal a valuable item, miss a bonus chapter, a character gets bad growths on a level up), reset and try again.

Guess which one I am?

7Th

I forgot about that, but it wasn't something that bugged me a lot.

But it was so dumb in every single sense and made most of the "investigation" completely pointless.
They could have hypnotized Anna to recover her repressed memories from the beginning.

Sully. I didn't really like her anyway :lol

But true Fire Emblem players never lose a single unit. Why didn't you just reset the game?

3) The Madman - If ANYTHING goes wrong (fail to steal a valuable item, miss a bonus chapter, a character gets bad growths on a level up), reset and try again.

Guess which one I am?

7Th

Wait, what's the point of having perma-death if you reset everytime a character die?

Coming up with strategies in which nobody dies? To me, losing any unit is the same as getting a Game Over.

Getting "bad growths" in Awakening doesn't really hurt much; by making them change classes a bunch of times you can make them keep leveling up and their stats keep growing until they hit the "class limit".

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
One Piece

Pretty average set up chapter, overall. I'm really liking the ridiculous amount of new designs, even if they all end up just being fodder for the big cannons. Bellamy is surprising in attitude and Luffy not recognizing him was pretty funny.

Ugh, can it just be next week already? This is Game of Thrones level of torture.

Bleach
tumblr_mleu6nQUba1qbxqfpo1_400.png
tumblr_mleu6nQUba1qbxqfpo2_400.png

Well Bleach succeeded in filling the void left for me by Naruto this week. Really great start to the chapter with Toshiro Hitsugaya taking the stage. His presence always makes me happy and just can never get enough screentime. Good comments and faces.

Mindblowing moment with the hollow hole and stuff (why is the womans leg bruised, did I miss an expalantion for that in the past chapters?), fear, depression, and promises by Uruhara Bleach is going straight up again.

mercviper

Coming up with strategies in which nobody dies? To me, losing any unit is the same as getting a Game Over.

I don't think this is a problem as you only have so many units to throw at the game. (casual mode is a different story)

Personally I plan to make 3 runs at it, which really kinda fits all of Wiseblade's listed personalities.

1)No-grind Lunatic run with nobody dying (still doing this, on ch.21 -_-)
2)Iron-man mode on Hard. If I fuck up and lose someone, deal with it. Consequences are to be had.
3)Grinded Lunatic+ run for 100% completion in everything. Supports/DLC/skills/younameit. (probably never going to get around to this lol)

Bleach

Bleach

Mindblowing moment with the hollow hole and stuff (why is the womans leg bruised, did I miss an expalantion for that in the past chapters?), fear, depression, and promises by Uruhara Bleach is going straight up again.

Most likely because she got attacked by a hollow as well and isn't of pure blood anymore or something like that, which is why the relationship between Masaki and Ryuuken is so important for the Quincy.

Azure J

Bleach

Caught up on the last 3 chapters just because of you guys. I wanted to stockpile some big three chapters to read all at once, but Urahara moments > all.

That being said, this backstory's getting really awesome. I'm guessing Ichigo has the remnants of that hollow perfected inside himself to go along with Masaki's Quincy upbringing/blood and Isshin's shiningami self. The inner struggles with Shirosaki were actual hostile takeover attempts from this hollow but after some time, it grew to respect Ichigo as the main identity.

upandaway

One Piece

Whether any specific person wins or loses, it looks like we'll get to see everything they have to give to the story before dropping out. Thinking about it like that, it can really be either Bellamy or Bartolomeo without any hints to either side (but again, it doesn't really matter in the end).

I would give credit to the guys teaming up, but they forgot to look up to the title of the manga they're in. But at least they tried, I guess.
It will be really neat if Bellamy and Bartolomeo team up too now, but I don't know if that's likely.

I had about 2 seconds of confusion with Luffy being a swordsman before I realized that his disguise means he can't use his DF (which is actually a pretty big handicap if he's going against Burgess or Mango's crew). Also... sorcerer? There's sorcery in OP?

One Piece

Whether any specific person wins or loses, it looks like we'll get to see everything they have to give to the story before dropping out. Thinking about it like that, it can really be either Bellamy or Bartolomeo without any hints to either side (but again, it doesn't really matter in the end).

I would give credit to the guys teaming up, but they forgot to look up to the title of the manga they're in. But at least they tried, I guess.
It will be really neat if Bellamy and Bartolomeo team up too now, but I don't know if that's likely.

I had about 2 seconds of confusion with Luffy being a swordsman before I realized that his disguise means he can't use his DF (which is actually a pretty big handicap if he's going against Burgess or Mango's crew). Also... sorcerer? There's sorcery in OP?]

I thought characters in universe in the stands commented extensively on this very fact, in a previous chapter?

Wiseblade

The actual answer was "all 3". The first time I played FE7 I left dead characters dead. On subsequent playthoughs I tried to keep everyone alive, but I don't worry too much if I missed something. And in FE8 you can buy stat boosting items post-game, so growths became irrelevant. But ever since I played Radiant Dawn...
I can't imagine resetting when you get bad growths.

I'm not that hardcore lol.
According to Nintendo Channel, I have played FE10 for 262 hours and turned it on 94 times. My second most played game is Xenoblade Chronicles with 141 hours and 22 sessions. I think that should put things into context.

I think I'll try no resetting on my first Awakening playthough. Depends on who dies first and when, though.

upandaway

Guess which one I am?
Wowowow there are missable bonus chapters? Guess I know what I'll be resetting for if I play it!

I'm a pretty hardcore "keep it as it happens" guy, but.. missable content is a bit rude.

I thought characters in universe in the stands commented extensively on this very fact, in a previous chapter?
Maybe..? I don't remember, honest. Honest! Please believe me!!

bigkrev

Domina no Do END

Well, it kinda fell apart towards the end (with a super rushed finish not helping), but overall an enjoyable experience. Its kinda hard to see the stuff we call Smut today compared to this though- I probably need to start looking a LOT harder.

Wiseblade, do you have FUN doing that stuff in FE? I cant imagine how you could.

Wiseblade

Wowowow there are missable bonus chapters? Guess I know what I'll be resetting for if I play it!

I'm a pretty hardcore "keep it as it happens" guy, but.. missable content is a bit rude.

Well yeah, they're bonus chapters. FE7 had bonus chapters that required you to fulfil random side activities like visiting certain locations, completing chapters within a turn limit or protecting random NPCs to access them. FE11 required you to let a certain number of you characters die to access its bonus chapters.

Bleach

Caught up on the last 3 chapters just because of you guys. I wanted to stockpile some big three chapters to read all at once, but Urahara moments > all.

That being said, this backstory's getting really awesome. I'm guessing Ichigo has the remnants of that hollow perfected inside himself to go along with Masaki's Quincy upbringing/blood and Isshin's shiningami self. The inner struggles with Shirosaki were actual hostile takeover attempts from this hollow but after some time, it grew to respect Ichigo as the main identity.

I can say with 99% confidence that Urahara planned Ichigo´s birth from the moment he healed her, and he left out a hollow residue in her for his future calculations (the fight against Aizen). The sick part is that, i think, what Aizen expected. I have a theory about Aizen will facilitate indirectly the relationship between Masaki and Isshin for the benefit of his experiment. After all Aizen has been trying to create the ultimate being, and what is better mix than hollow, shinigami, quincy hybrid.

Bleach is a giant chess match between Urahara and Aizen.

Aizen says: Just as planned
Urahara says: Just as expected.

upandaway

Well yeah, they're bonus chapters. FE7 had bonus chapters that required you to fulfil random side activities like visiting certain locations, completing chapters within a turn limit or protecting random NPCs to access them. FE11 required you to let a certain number of you characters die to access its bonus chapters.
No no no, I'm fine with that kind of stuff. Actually I think obscure as hell conditions are kinda cool when done right. It's the missable part of it that is a bit weird.

Nintendo is usually good at keeping optional content always available...

I can say with 99% confidence that Urahara planned Ichigo´s birth from the moment he healed her, and he left out a hollow residue in her for his future calculations (the fight against Aizen). The sick part is that, i think, what Aizen expected. I have a theory about Aizen will facilitate indirectly the relationship between Masaki and Isshin for the benefit of his experiment. After all Aizen has been trying to create the ultimate being, and what is better mix than hollow, shinigami, quincy hybrid.

Hasnt their relationship already been started outside of Aizen's plan, it didnt seem as if he had even anticipated either Masaki nor Isshin to have an encounter with White.

Hasnt their relationship already been started outside of Aizen's plan, it didnt seem as if he had even anticipated either Masaki nor Isshin to have an altercation with White.

True, but i meant in the future. You know when Isshin sneaks out of SS, Aizen will cover for him, and i have also thoughts that Aizen will get Isshin expelled from Soul Society which will give him a lot of time to spend with Misaki. Aizen was interested when Isshin and Misaki intervened with his plans, and call them a good opportunity. Aizen also noticed that Misaki had hollow riatsu in her last chapter, especially since he made the hollow with his own Hougyoku to infect others with the virus.

Don't give a fuck what no one says.

Aizen is probably the most brilliant Shounen villain, ever.

Wiseblade

No no no, I'm fine with that kind of stuff. Actually I think obscure as hell conditions are kinda cool when done right. It's the missable part of it that is a bit weird.

Nintendo is usually good at keeping optional content always available...

There weren't actually that many and most of them were pretty easy to come across.

Medaka Box

LOL Nishio.

Guess he is wrapping it up (or trolling further, could be either). There's a 10 year time skip showing the Hakoniwa crew as adults. Kumagawa's whereabouts are unknown, Emukae becomes a florist, Kujira (guess she dropped the "Naze Youka" thing for good) is a doctor. Wanidzuka is apparently an Akune, Zenkichi and Tsurubami joined the Kurokami Group. Medaka is still the leader, but it seems she lost her "monster-like" quality because she now has a big mob of dogs that all sleep around and on her. Oh, and she's long hair Medaka again.

I wouldn't call him brilliant, but his trolling is definitely enjoyable.

Knowledge is never trolling and that´s becoming more evident in this arc as well. When he said that he knew Ichigo since the day he was born he was not lying, or trolling. He was watching Ichigo from birth as part of his experiment.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Medaka Box

LOL Nishio.

Guess he is wrapping it up (or trolling further, could be either). There's a 10 year time skip showing the Hakoniwa crew as adults. Kumagawa's whereabouts are unknown, Emukae becomes a florist, Kujira (guess she dropped the "Naze Youka" thing for good) is a doctor. Wanidzuka is apparently an Akune, Zenkichi and Tsurubami joined the Kurokami Group. Medaka is still the leader, but it seems she lost her "monster-like" quality because she now has a big mob of dogs that all sleep around and on her. Oh, and she's long hair Medaka again.

Is
Zenkichi tapping that
? Please tell me he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom