• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the fact that they are based on real techniques the battle have just a better rhythm and yes it's really good that after 500+ chapters kenichi is still a novice.

It's not that i haven't noticed it, it's that is the first time i enter this thread :lol

I love me some fanservice but i don't like when it is on of the principal themes and it's so massive

of course.

Well Kenichi can actually touch non-super level Masters aka anyone not part of Ryozanpaku or 1 Shadow 9 Fist masters/organization. Not to mention actually fight on par with expert level disciples. He is still a novice but he is no longer the weak Kenichi we knew him as at the beginning.

Ahh its your first time! Welcome and enjoy your stay.

While I do think there is a lot of fanservice, it actually makes sense if you think about it. I mean if people punched you at super speed you expect clothes to get ripped off. So the author at least sticks to that lol.

There is more female fanservice considering how many guys are shirtless most of the time vs male fanservice with the most of Miu showing off her body.

River's Edge END

Read this yesterday in one go after survivor recommended it to me.

Somewhat crazy story with deranged teenies. Pacing was good for 14 chapters but it was kind of a bummer that the author didn't go more into Yamada's and Kozue's (that model) characters, which were way more interesting than Haruna. What also bothered me was the lead-up to the ending. Kanonzaki almost killing that girl and then her sister almost killing her but on the other side Yamada's girlfriend burns herself to a crisp was kinda silly but it was rectified by the great ending scene between Haruna and Yamada. I liked it although it was quite the depressing story.

Oh yeah, the art is pretty crappy rofl

Thank you :3

Today is WednesdayGAF and you joined this thread right before the storm.

w2CyO2S.gif

Do yourself a favor, leave and come back in a day or two.

dumbyugi

Jump Issue #21 TOC
Kochikame (Cover, Lead CP)
Kuroko no Basket
Assassination Classroom
One Piece
Dark Pawn (Center Colour, Oneshot)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Brand New School Day (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Toriko
Shokugeki no Souma
Bleach (Center Colour)
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Koisuru Edison
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Gintama
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Hungry Joker
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Absent: Naruto

Jump Double Issue #22/23 Information

Lead CP: One Piece
Center Colour: Medaka Box (END), Moon Walker LTD.II (Oneshot), Tetokuchi (Oneshot/Bangaihen)

Akito

Bleach sux
No, OP sucks more
You suck
And you suck Oda's dick
Let's all agree on Naruto's suckiness
But Sasuke's best character, so edgy, SasuxNaru ftw.

Wednesday GAF in a nutshell.

Jump Issue #21 TOC
Kochikame (Cover, Lead CP)
Kuroko no Basket
Assassination Classroom
One Piece
Dark Pawn (Center Colour, Oneshot)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Brand New School Day (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Toriko
Shokugeki no Souma
Bleach (Center Colour)
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Koisuru Edison
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Gintama
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Hungry Joker
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Absent: Naruto

Jump Double Issue #22/23 Information

Lead CP: One Piece
Center Colour: Medaka Box (END), Moon Walker LTD.II (Oneshot), Tetokuchi (Oneshot/Bangaihen)

World Trigger right in the middle, not bad. No chance for the double issue one shots to come here, like sakuran?

flawfuls

River's Edge END

Somewhat crazy story with deranged teenies. Pacing was good for 14 chapters but it was kind of a bummer that the author didn't go more into Yamada's and Kozue's (that model) characters, which were way more interesting than Haruna. What also bothered me was the lead-up to the ending. Kanonzaki almost killing that girl and then her sister almost killing her but on the other side Yamada's girlfriend burns herself to a crisp was kinda silly but it was rectified by the great ending scene between Haruna and Yamada. I liked it although it was quite the depressing story.

There is actually a sequel/spinoff called Helter Skelter that features the model character.

Stinky

Bleach

What exactly happened to Masaki? Are we supposed to know? It seems the part of the hollow experiment was .. sealed in her. Is she hollowing?

4 kings are just a gear check.

Power Within + Magic Weapon = ezmode

Don't forget fastroll, optionally Darkwood Grain Ring for dat animation and dose frames of invincibility

Bleach

What exactly happened to Masaki? Are we supposed to know? It seems the part of the hollow experiment was .. sealed in her. Is she hollowing?

Don't forget fastroll, optionally Darkwood Grain Ring for dat animation and dose frames of invincibility

The hollow from prior chapters was equipped with the hollowification virus. When it Masaki, she contracted the virus and now the hollowification is manifesting itself.

Bleach

Urahara knows it was Aizen´s doing so he will make Masaki more powerful and her child will inherit the powers. Urahara is doing he is doing to stop Aizen, exactly like Aizen is expecting him to do. According to plan.

The hollow from prior chapters was equipped with the hollowification virus. When it Masaki, she contracted the virus and now the hollowification is manifesting itself.

I think it would've happened either way. Uryuu's mother said something about keeping the blood pure and I don't think she knew about the hollowfication.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece

Of course the new frightening rookie has to look like an idiot, most of the powerful characters look like shitheads in OP, I'm really surprised Law looks so normal.

Nothing else happened here, boring chapter. Bellamy was on Skypiea.. wow cool story bro.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece
Just when i was asking myself if Oda forgot old characters because he gave the same name of an old one to one of these new characters he brings out Bellamy again... he's obviously a good guy now and that's perfect because I liked Bellamy.

Akito

One Piece
Bellamy seems matured, I'm actually putting my money on him winning his block now. But yeah, not much happened this time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Set-up chapter. I do like the new Bellamy, he seems to have grown up a bit.
*waits for Toriko*

One Piece

I expect Bartolemeo to win Block B. Bellamy seems to have turned himself around, but the new rookie did crush a Vice Admiral, so I suspect Oda is intentially trying to make us underestimate him.

I think it would've happened either way. Uryuu's mother said something about keeping the blood pure and I don't think she knew about the hollowfication.

She was surprised by the hollow hole though. Getting infected by hollow reiatsu is not abnormal (see the marks on Orihime's leg when she was bit and the marks on mama ishida's legs this chapter ). Actually turning into a hollow on the other hand is a result of Aizen's special hollow.

One Piece
I could either see a luffy bellamy final (luffy will give up without anyone finding out hes luffy so bellamy can achieve his goal of joining the dofla family) or Burgess killing bellamy in the final and making luffy go ham. Either way we'll probably get bellamy flashbacks. It's just too perfect an opportunity to pass up for Oda to put a disrespectful new rookie in the same block as bellamy to show us just how much hes matured.

One Piece
I could either see a luffy bellamy final (luffy will give up without anyone finding out hes luffy so bellamy can achieve his goal of joining the dofla family) or Burgess killing bellamy in the final and making luffy go ham. Either way we'll probably get bellamy flashbacks. It's just too perfect an opportunity to pass up for Oda to put a disrespectful new rookie in the same block as bellamy to show us just how much hes matured.

Why would Luffy care about Bellamy, though? He didn't even remember his face. And why would Oda waste any time on someone like Bellamy, when he gets killed again? No one cares about his character or his redemption or whatever. Pretty much everyone here laughed and joked about him getting beaten up with one hit again. Bellamy is a joke and I wish Oda didn't waste so much time with him in this chapter. The second thought I had after this chapter is Bellamy joining the Straw Hats, but only because it became some kind of meme around here.

one piece

YAWN.

Yawn Piece?

survivor

Banned
River's Edge END

Yeah the art isn't the best thing and its hard to tell the characters apart, but the manga makes up for it with great characters and writing. BTW like flawfuls posted, read the spin-off Helter Skelter to see one of the most insane main characters ever.

Nevermind the Big 3, I bought Fire Emblem.

But I still have a test before being able to play it, damn you college! D:

It's out?!

There is actually a sequel/spinoff called Helter Skelter that features the model character.

Yeah the art isn't the best thing and its hard to tell the characters apart, but the manga makes up for it with great characters and writing. BTW like flawfuls posted, read the spin-off Helter Skelter to see one of the most insane main characters ever.

Thanks, I will.

Why would Luffy care about Bellamy, though? He didn't even remember his face. And why would Oda waste any time on someone like Bellamy, when he gets killed again? No one cares about his character or his redemption or whatever. Pretty much everyone here laughed and joked about him getting beaten up with one hit again. Bellamy is a joke and I wish Oda didn't waste so much time with him in this chapter. The second thought I had after this chapter is Bellamy joining the Straw Hats, but only because it became some kind of meme around here.

Yawn Piece?

And why should we care about any character but the Straw Hats? It's funny to see Bellamy again, I don't see the problem here.

And why should we care about any character but the Straw Hats? It's funny to see Bellamy again, I don't see the problem here.

All I'm saying is that it's a bit out of nowhere to think that Bellamy is suddenly some sort of meaningful character with an important background and a great dream that needs to be achieved. Luffy didn't give a single fuck after he heard his story. The only thing he cared about was whether or not he harmed the sky people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom