• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanilla Resort 2
tumblr_mlezjc2tNN1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Akiharu ought to try to confront his feelings with Mutsu but I guess he doesnt want to inconvenice him or ruin his current job/life setup. Though Mutsu could do more but I guess he has to keep drawing his manga and it probably does send an odd message to him since hes drawing hentai loli waifu mangas. The odd things he thinks of while cooking, though that whole scene when Mutsu walked up while he was doing things in the kitchen was pretty nice.

Medaka Box

LOL Nishio.

Guess he is wrapping it up (or trolling further, could be either). There's a 10 year time skip showing the Hakoniwa crew as adults. Kumagawa's whereabouts are unknown, Emukae becomes a florist, Kujira (guess she dropped the "Naze Youka" thing for good) is a doctor. Wanidzuka is apparently an Akune, Zenkichi and Tsurubami joined the Kurokami Group. Medaka is still the leader, but it seems she lost her "monster-like" quality because she now has a big mob of dogs that all sleep around and on her. Oh, and she's long hair Medaka again.

Medaka does not end with Zenkishi? Fuck this shit. I am glad i stopped reading it or else my rage will know no limits.

Kusagari

Medaka Box

LOL Nishio.

Guess he is wrapping it up (or trolling further, could be either). There's a 10 year time skip showing the Hakoniwa crew as adults. Kumagawa's whereabouts are unknown, Emukae becomes a florist, Kujira (guess she dropped the "Naze Youka" thing for good) is a doctor. Wanidzuka is apparently an Akune, Zenkichi and Tsurubami joined the Kurokami Group. Medaka is still the leader, but it seems she lost her "monster-like" quality because she now has a big mob of dogs that all sleep around and on her. Oh, and she's long hair Medaka again.

Is the rumor I saw on 4chan about Mogana being pregnant,possibly with Zenkichi's kid, true?

Medaka Box

LOL Nishio.

So Ajimu is dead?

Medaka Box

Answering some questions with what I read from the spoiler:

- Mogana had a child, it's not Zen's from anything said. It's unknown what her new surname is since getting married.
- Zenkichi/Medaka relationship isn't confirmed but it looks strongly like Zen is still wanting to be with her (working hard for 4 years in the Kurokami Group to finally be able to work alongside Medaka).
- No Ajimu comeback.

Medaka Box

Answering some questions with what I read from the spoiler:

- Zenkichi/Medaka relationship isn't confirmed but it looks strongly like Zen is still wanting to be with her (working hard for 4 years in the Kurokami Group to finally be able to work alongside Medaka).

Fuck this shit. Thanks for answering.

I can say with 99% confidence that Urahara planned Ichigo´s birth from the moment he healed her, and he left out a hollow residue in her for his future calculations (the fight against Aizen). The sick part is that, i think, what Aizen expected. I have a theory about Aizen will facilitate indirectly the relationship between Masaki and Isshin for the benefit of his experiment. After all Aizen has been trying to create the ultimate being, and what is better mix than hollow, shinigami, quincy hybrid.

Bleach is a giant chess match between Urahara and Aizen.

Aizen says: Just as planned
Urahara says: Just as expected.

Perhaps the only way to heal her is to concentrate the hollow elements in to what became Ichigo? White hollow was derived from Kaien's body and Ichigo is not actually Isshin's son at all?

Perhaps the only way to heal her is to concentrate the hollow elements in to what became Ichigo? White hollow was derived from Kaien's body and Ichigo is not actually Isshin's son at all?

I think Ryuuken will have to sacrifice his powers to save her. Then his father will give him his powers back by shooting him with an arrow. The white hollow is not derived from kaien´s body. That was eaten by espada 9 Aroniro. Ichigo is Isshin´s son. I have a theory about Isshin being the first to use the gigai that Rukia used at the beginning which means that the gigai will suppress his riatsu and Isshin will become a real human, by losing his riatsu or the remaining of his riatsu. I have no doubt that Ichigo is Isshin´s son or else he would have not inherited shinigami powers to begin with even though the White hollow was originally shinigami, she caught the hollow virus and she is having hollow symptoms. No shinigami riatsu in her whatsoever.

It's been obvious that the Soul King is likely evil for awhile now.

I'm calling it: Juhabach is probably going to get one shotted by him.

What? No. If he is evil than he would destroy worlds whenever he wants just for the fun of it. He might not be good, but that does not mean he is evil. Why would Soul Society even protect him if he was evil?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah weren't they teasing her and
Kumagawa

Probably, my money is on that.

What? No. If he is evil than he would destroy worlds whenever he wants just for the fun of it. He might not be good, but that does not mean he is evil. Why would Soul Society even protect him if he was evil?

Because they don't know shit about him. It seems like everyone's in the dark about what goes on in the palace but the guys who are in there and the captain commander. It wouldn't be the first time in fiction something like that would happen.

Because they don't know shit about him. It seems like everyone's in the dark about what goes on in the palace but the guys who are in there and the captain commander. It wouldn't be the first time in fiction something like that would happen.

No, it´s us who don´t know anything about him. SS know that he is the linchpin between worlds. How would they not know anything about him? And it´s very unlikely for that to happen since he did not do anything evil so far in the story.

Hey people of Mangaf. Earlier this year I decided that I wanted to get into this little world of manga and I read through Punpun because it was the thing people were reading at that time and I was curious how bad it actually could go. I really enjoyed it, but after finishing it I kinda had other stuff to do. I did read Franken Fran after asking for some horror recommendations but that's two months ago now. I'm back now and want to pick this up again, so I'm looking for some recommendations again. Because I enjoyed Oyasumi Punpun so much I am now looking for manga in the slice of life genre. It does not need to get me depressed like Punpun but some nice stories with great art will do me just fine.

Cheers

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, it´s us who don´t know anything about him. SS know that he is the linchpin between worlds. How would they not know anything about him? And it´s very unlikely for that to happen since he did not do anything evil so far in the story.

Considering almost no one is allowed up there, it wouldn't be hard for everyone to be lied to (to a certain degree). You're assuming everything we've been told is reliable when there is no reason to assume everything's on the level. Aizen wasn't a bad guy until he was.

But having Hitler rule SS and the palace would be an incredibly lame twist, much like the one DTL mentioned.

Hey people of Mangaf. Earlier this year I decided that I wanted to get into this little world of manga and I read through Punpun because it was the thing people were reading at that time and I was curious how bad it actually could go. I really enjoyed it, but after finishing it I kinda had other stuff to do. I did read Franken Fran after asking for some horror recommendations but that's two months ago now. I'm back now and want to pick this up again, so I'm looking for some recommendations again. Because I enjoyed Oyasumi Punpun so much I am now looking for manga in the slice of life genre. It does not need to get me depressed like Punpun but some nice stories with great art will do me just fine.

Cheers

Try Solanin and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

I always wanted to read that because it's crazy amounts of chapters long but last time I caught up to ~1000 chapters was Ippo and I kinda sorta regretted that.

I don't know how many chapters JoJo in its entirety has so far though (107 volumes).

Kurita

I don't think someone translated all the chapters anyway.
But yeah, that's a manga I definitely want to read at some point. Maybe I could pick up one or two volumes in Japanese to improve my skills.
And I'm a sucker for gag mangas...

One Piece 706:

That was years ago, both in real life and in the manga. Bellamy could have gone to Skypiea during the 2 years Luffy was training, well after the cover stories. Plus the fact that he brought back a "Pillar of Gold" which I am assuming is also from Skypiea, tells me he did some bad things to get it, considering what Luffy and co had to do to be "rewarded" with theirs.

I find it very hard to believe Bellamy is strong enough to beat Wiper though, that guy was shown to be able to fight on par with Luffy in the skypea arc and Bellamy was a fodder but I guess we'll see how things pans out.

Kusagari

I find it very hard to believe Bellamy is strong enough to beat Wiper though, that guy was shown to be able to fight on par with Luffy in the skypea arc and Bellamy was a fodder but I guess we'll see how things pans out.

I find it hard to believe Bellamy can be relevant at all here and not be able to own Skypiea Luffy.

The guy does have an almost 200m bounty now.

I'm so sorry.

Is there anything worse than being brother zoned?

Cheers

Have you checked out Minamoto Kun Monotagari?

Cross Days 13 (END)
I legitimately have never laughed so much at a manga before. I may have to call in sick tomorrow. It's not even good, but you just can't beat this universe when it comes to this stuff.

If you do read it for some twisted reason, don't expect
an ending as extreme as nice boat
or you'll be disappointed.

survivor

Banned

Cheers

Have you read the other manga by Inio Asano, the author of Punpun? If not then read Solanin, Nijigahara Holograph, What a Wonderful World, and A Girl by the Sea. They are all excellent reads.

Also read anything by Matsumoto Taiyou. In particular Ping Pong, Gogo Monster, and Hanaotoko for slice of life. If you are willing to branch out more then Takemitsu Zamurai is a great manga.

I also recommend Helter Skelter and River's Edge. Both by the same writer and while they lack in the art department, they have excellent characters and writing.

If you are looking for good historical slice of life manga then A Bride's Story and Emma should both be great reads. Also they have fantastic art so that should be a big plus.

The first 4 volumes of Usagi Drop, Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan, Living Game, and Sakamichi no Apollon are also some great slice of life drama manga that are worth reading. There is also Genshiken and Welcome to the NHK.

As for cheerful slice of life manga then Yotsuba, and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou are pretty good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Here's an off-beat rec:

Takako Shimura's Happy-Go-Lucky Days. It's a series of lighthearted short stories about relationships, sex and sexuality.

Try Solanin and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Have you checked out Minamoto Kun Monotagari?

Have you read the other manga by Inio Asano, the author of Punpun? If not then read Solanin, Nijigahara Holograph, What a Wonderful World, and A Girl by the Sea. They are all excellent reads.

Also read anything by Matsumoto Taiyou. In particular Ping Pong, Gogo Monster, and Hanaotoko for slice of life. If you are willing to branch out more then Takemitsu Zamurai is a great manga.

I also recommend Helter Skelter and River's Edge. Both by the same writer and while they lack in the art department, they have excellent characters and writing.

If you are looking for good historical slice of life manga then A Bride's Story and Emma should both be great reads. Also they have fantastic art so that should be a big plus.

The first 4 volumes of Usagi Drop, Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan, Living Game, and Sakamichi no Apollon are also some great slice of life drama manga that are worth reading. There is also Genshiken and Welcome to the NHK.

As for cheerful slice of life manga then Yotsuba, and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou are pretty good.
Thanks! I've bookmarked these posts and will check everything out. Will post impressions when I actually start reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom