• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 Seeds is actually Josei. It started out in a shoujo magazine, and was transferred later.

I just label it as a mature manga. It handles those themes better than most seinen mangas I know.

Stinky

Kazuya hen is amazing so far. Everyone needs to read all of Kaiji ten times.

Cant wait to see what game Kazuya has devised for the next chapter. Itou "consistently backstabbed" Kaiji has to prove that people are not inherently evil, haha

Oh and sorry beam I was thinking of someone else, my apologies.

Tacitus_

Berserk 180

iJNKC6j.jpg

The last 5 or so chapters were so bizarre in just about everything. It's happening again and Gutts decision should be clear, but it isn't. And I don't really understand the skull knight's motivation, other than collecting the Behelits, but why is he helping the humans? Meanwhile this guy we haven't seen before basically turned into a living Behelit and just ate the demon baby. What.

The art should be great nightmare fuel, but it's too bizarre.

Patience.

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 7

Jg28tv4.png

Oh shit son, Lenalee fight!

iX73kuN8LmfdG.gif

This volume was neat for the most part. The artstyle in the "World of the Dead" looked awesome, even if it was rather short. While we already saw it before in Lenalee's dream, I hope we return again. Looks cooooool. Nice to see another Black Order base, the new characters here are a delight, especially Wong.

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 8

ZA2P3XJ.png

Ohhhhh myyyy GOD that was awesome

I love melee fights so much, Lenalee is the best. So awesome that she basically turned herself into a meteor at the end, holy shit

Tacitus_

But I have only about 133 chapters left! At least I know what the baby thing was all about and it was awesome.

There's a couple of chapters with the Skull Knight coming up in the next two arcs. They'll answer some of your questions, but he is still a bit of a mystery character.

Akito

Monster Waifus 11-12

The shapeshifter, ogre, cyclops, and zombie girl were all in that monsters poll right? So I guess that's one way of introducing all these new monster waifus without adding them to the main harem. Were there any other monsters left? Spider girl I'd assume?

Mermaid's story was hilarious, it's not that often you see waifus rooting for NTR end lol
There's tons left, imagine they all get included in his harem, it will be lunatic

ibqlyAAbJwwcfK.jpg

Genshiken 85
Well, that escalated quickly, Madarame's harem really exists. Though I'm not quite sure in Sue's case, I always expect her to troll me anytime.
Demon's Dogma Hunter? Someone get onto that ASAP.

FYC

Banned
The anime got better art. Shame they axed it.

I hear they ended it around chapter 160, which is when the series supposedly takes a massive drop in quality. Maybe it's for the best.

I hope not though... I ordered Vol. 16 which is apparently the last one before everything goes insane. I'm afraid to read after that if it's as bad as I'm lead to believe.

Jintor

I need more delicious shoujo in the vein of Tonari or Toradora [besides Kimi ni Todoke which I am grinding through slowly; the panelling is very difficult to read]. What've you got, mangagaf

I need more delicious shoujo in the vein of Tonari or Toradora [besides Kimi ni Todoke which I am grinding through slowly; the panelling is very difficult to read]. What've you got, mangagaf
Otoyomegatari, Emma, Inari konkon iroha and Oresama Teacher.

...well not actually shoujo but has awesome female characters and romance.

fertygo

Oresama Teacher are the best romcom shoujo on out there.

There's a couple of chapters with the Skull Knight coming up in the next two arcs. They'll answer some of your questions, but he is still a bit of a mystery character.

Maybe if Miura wasn't so busy playing Idolmaster, we'd get more chapters and know more about that character ...

sIJPIBp.jpg

Akito

Then main male character was really boring.

It's like I'm reading My Girl with generic shoujo male #230.
He's alright, just a normal dude who suddenly has to take care of a child, not all that different from all those overnight fathers. Sure the story has no emotional depth of My Girl or even Usagi Drop but it's also a shoujo manga.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's alright, just a normal dude who suddenly has to take care of a child, not all that different from all those overnight fathers. Sure the story has no emotional depth of My Girl or even Usagi Drop but it's also a shoujo manga.

If I remember right wasn't he pretty much an ace character? I think that's where most of my boredom comes from.

The ending was pretty nice though, from what I remembered.

Team Medical Dragon 105

I wonder why Gunji changed his opinion and let Four-eyes be his assistant. I thought it was part of his plan, but it seemed like he suddenly changed his opinion when he heard the patient asking for Asada, like his jelousy took over and changed his plan.

Akito

If I remember right wasn't he pretty much an ace character? I think that's where most of my boredom comes from.

The ending was pretty nice though, from what I remembered.
If by ace you mean he has a pretty face sure, aside from that he struggles with his new "tasks" just as anyone else.

Kusagari

A Town With Faux Drama 220

This is unbearable. None of the girls in this manga can get over wanting Haruto to give them the D apparently.

Antiwhippy

Short Program v04 c01

There's something about this chapter's artstyle that feels... different from adachi's usual artsyle. Reminding me a lot of 70's shoujo art.

gKrjv6e.png

scy

I second the Skip Beat nomination.

D. Gray Man Volume 8

Ohhhhh myyyy GOD that was awesome

I love melee fights so much, Lenalee is the best.

best waifu

I really need to catch up on this just for her.

Team Medical Dragon 105

I wonder why Gunji changed his opinion and let Four-eyes be his assistant. I thought it was part of his plan, but it seemed like he suddenly changed his opinion when he heard the patient asking for Asada, like his jelousy took over and changed his plan.

Maybe he will try to screw Four-eyes like he did with Asada.

Akito

Short Program v04 c01

There's something about this chapter's artstyle that feels... different from adachi's usual artsyle. Reminding me a lot of 70's shoujo art.

http://i.imgur.com/gKrjv6e.png
Yeah, his first mangas were pretty much all shoujo so it's no surprise they look like classic shoujo.

Ghost in the Shell ARISE 1
So this is a prequel to SAC? (I didn't follow the news for the anime) The art is really nice and it instantly feels like GitS, Motoko's new hairstyle still looks stupid though.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, his first mangas were pretty much all shoujo so it's no surprise they look like classic shoujo.

Ah, alright. I knew something felt different.

Short Program

Overall a really fun series of short stories. He really has a penchant of using twists to create a mundane settings into an interesting story. Really would have liked some stories to be developed further too, like the story of the baseball player and idol swapping lives.

Antiwhippy

Aozora Yell 01

A manga that finally features a brass band?

Hell yeah.

Trumpet is boring though. Main character should have gone for trombone.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk Volume 19

Woot. I'm really loving this arc so far. Surprisingly, Ishidoro is really fucking likeable. Gutts is somehow maintaining his badassness yet still developing as a good guy, a great character.

Damn, I really like Puck, too. This involvement with Caska and such is all very awesome. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

Farneze, my waifu. Such a tsundere.

Berserk

Berserk Volume 19

Woot. I'm really loving this arc so far. Surprisingly, Ishidoro is really fucking likeable. Gutts is somehow maintaining his badassness yet still developing as a good guy, a great character.

Damn, I really like Puck, too. This involvement with Caska and such is all very awesome. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

Farneze, my waifu. Such a tsundere.

I was really surprised by Ishidoro. I usually hate kids in my anime/JRPGs/manga, but he was handled pretty well.

Still hate Puck/Pakk/Pac, though. If you want to do some comedy, do it like the Golden Age arc, with good interaction between the characters and not by having a clown flying around and looking silly.

Akito

Ah, alright. I knew something felt different.

Short Program

Overall a really fun series of short stories. He really has a penchant of using twists to create a mundane settings into an interesting story. Really would have liked some stories to be developed further too, like the story of the baseball player and idol swapping lives.
I wish someone would translate the rest of Idol A's first volume. It's a silly story but it's fun. Even Adachi made fun of it :lol

ioouvF1lk5LfR.jpg

Antiwhippy

Aozora Yell 2

It's like these two character have permanent blush markers on their faces. I have never not seen them blushing. Their constant blushing is to the point where it is actually distracting.

I really like the premise though. Shy girl trying to become a trumpet player in an elite school band.

KMS2TOD.png

survivor

Banned
I was looking for info about Short Program after seeing it here and lol, the name of the translator is very fascinating.

Aozora Yell 2

It's like these two character have permanent blush markers on their faces. I have never not seen them not blushing. Their constant blushing is to the point where it is actually distracting.

I really like the premise though. Shy girl trying to become a trumpet player in an elite school band.

KMS2TOD.png
I swear this guy's face is very similar to some other shoujo lead but I can't remember who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom