• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC yea but he apparently pushed it as far as he could to that limit (the volume releases made the girls have nipples I believe).

TLR:Darkness was moved to a different version of jump with much more lax rules so he gets more rope to play with

Yeah. Like gender-swap lesbian nipple play. And girls eating dripping popsicles. And implied incest. More fetishes than you can shake a stick at. The author's probably going to find a way to get Riko into the harem marriage as well.

1) I've never had a nintendo device break on me, neither has anyone I know.
2) Even if something were to happen, I could send in to get repaired and retain everything.
3) I've lost too many games over the years trying to carry around multiple cartridges with me. I'd much rather bank it all on one thing than might break compared to things I definitely have lost.

I can definitely relate to the third but I buy far too much stuff and end up not liking a good portion (still hasn't happened on 3DS *knocks on wood* but my Steam account... D:), even well reviewed stuff. This way I can still resell it for other games. I have my Hori 24 cart case if I need more than 1 game on the go.

Lain

Coelacanth vol 1-2 End
http://abload.de/img/coelacanth_v01__covernoyix.jpg[/img]http://abload.de/img/coelacanth_v02__cover1xys8.jpg

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/K1A5oVu.png"]Talking sheep[/URL], romance between the main girl and a guy who wants to kill her, and crime mystery everywhere. It was neat to see a shoujo manga without a strong focus on romance and it satisfied my itch for a crime drama story. It's not a detective story in the traditional sense since the manga follows bunch of high school students, but it was interesting enough to make stick with it. The art was also surprisingly clear and well defined for a shoujo manga. Non of the silly weird panelling or non-existent backgrounds. It's disappointing to see that the artist hasn't done any long shoujo manga.

The murder case didn't really have any crazy or elaborate plans, but rather it was very simple. The main problem about the case is that you had to connect all the dots and see how all the different characters related to each to figure out who is behind everything. So there is no Detective Conan type of mystery where the murder plan is so convoluted and silly.[/QUOTE]

I more or less liked this when I read it months ago, but I felt 1 or 2 more volumes would have helped making the story feel more complete or, well, more elaborate.

Im pretty shocked people didnt have their Nintendo systems break on them, I had the hinge crack and then wholly able to be removed the top screen DS Lite, then a dead pixel DS Lite (two replacement units with it, Wii with a broken motherboard and intense artefacting on it...only a matter of time until something happens with my 3DS :/

upandaway

I can't remember these minor faces!
Aww! At least remember Risa, she's neat when she's alone. And I just look weird when even you don't remember them and I do!

2) Even if something were to happen, I could send in to get repaired and retain everything.
3) I've lost too many games over the years trying to carry around multiple cartridges with me. I'd much rather bank it all on one thing than might break compared to things I definitely have lost.
None of these 3 apply to me (2 especially...) but I can definitely see why people would go that way in spite of the games being tied to hardware. It's still a bummer that they are though, because no import fees will be really nice for me, and I can't resell anything anyway. I'd jump on an account system.

Kurita

Never had a problem with a Nintendo console.

Also, already played more than 6 hours of Fire Emblem, soooo good.
Waiting for the pairing wars with MangaGAF.

Survivor : Parks and Recs season 2 is the best, amazing season.

survivor

Banned
Fire Emblem came close to making me buy a 3DS, but I'm still holding out for a better redesign. Unless of course, Pokemon Z turns out to be not an ugly abomination then I will get it day 1.

I more or less liked this when I read it months ago, but I felt 1 or 2 more volumes would have helped making the story feel more complete or, well, more elaborate.

I wouldn't have minded if we got some more chapters to focus more on say Kurumi. I also wanted more crazy hallucinations. There should have been more sheep and they should have done more crazy shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Oh you sweet innocent child, you must have never owned an NES

My 2006 Wii is still going like a champion

DSi XL is in mint condition as well although it should be worn down by now the way I've been playing on the thing

fuck the DS Lite hinges though

fuck em to hell and back

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
True story: I own all 3 of the current gen systems and the only one that broke on me is the Wii.

My launch 360 got the RROD like 3 or 4 times but then I just plugged it back in a few hours later and it started working again.

I got drunk and spilled a beer on my launch 20GB PS3, but it didn't break. I eventually sold it and upgraded to the 80GB because I wanted Wi-Fi so I could play it in my bedroom. My wife got drunk and threw an external harddrive at it once, but both the HDD and the PS3 work, even though they have dents in the plastic.

My Wii's port cover fell off, but it still works just fine, but I haven't played it in years. I got Skyward Sword and played it for about 20 minutes before I determined I hated swinging the remote around.

My DS Lite's hinges seem fine.

You lames seriously bought a Wii?

I bought a 3DS at launch price a few months after it had launched.

I managed to resist buying a Vita though.

Angry Grimace

I will probably buy a PS4 at launch too because, hey, shiny

upandaway

My Wii is sorta dead now that I found out I can emulate it without losing really anything (I still use it for Mario Kart and MHT because of online, that's it). I had tons of fun with it though.

It can't be okay to go this far off topic can it

survivor

Banned
PS3 died on me long time ago and it's a shame since it was the older models that had BC. Oh well, at least that stopped me from playing the Kingdom Heart game and they were pretty bad.

bigkrev

I'm on 360 number 4, although its been turned on something like 5 times over the past 2 years, so who knows if its still working.

My PS3 died once, about 3 months out of warranty :/. It's been a stud since then though.

I've seriously owned EVERY major handheld and revision since the original GBA except the Micro, and only issues I've had was dropping my PSP Go 6 inches and shattering the screen to hell, The Triangle button on my PSP 2000 registering double inputs after a year, and the GBA slot failing on my DS Lite.

Kimi ga Terasu Koi no Hikari (one shot)
tumblr_mlgpqphOFs1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Dont think Ive ever seen a planetarium in any other series, but such good things can happen here. Really enjoyable from the depressing and sad start. Can only wish the best for the future

I don't think I will ever touch a CC2 game again, not after Asura's Wrath (which I just watched on YT) and Solatorobo. JoJo isn't coming out in the West anyway.

survivor

Banned
Solatorobo was a pretty good game. It was easy as hell and the button mashing was tedious, but it had good art direction and gameplay.

Reknoc

I want a Bleach game by Cyber Connect 2...on PS4.

:D

I'd make a joke about CC2 being fitting for bleach since the UNS games are dull brainless games.

But I won't because it might upset someone.

Instead I'll just say keep Treasure making Bleach games because it's nice that Treasure have found something they're quite decent at.

I thought Europe was getting that game?

Not confirmed by Namco Bandai afaik. Just the CC2 president but I guess we've seen crazier stuff.

I'd make a joke about CC2 being fitting for bleach since the UNS games are dull brainless games.

But I won't because it might upset someone.

Instead I'll just say keep Treasure making Bleach games because it's nice that Treasure have found something they're quite decent at.

That would be great because I fear for the fate of Treasure :(

Reknoc

Not confirmed by Namco Bandai afaik. Just the CC2 president but I guess we've seen crazier stuff.

Well, the manga is published on the main land, so at the least Bamco could just release it there and ignore the UK. They did it before with One Piece Gigant Battle.

That would be great because I fear for the fate of Treasure :(

I'd be sad if they didn't get to make another 2D bleach fighter, but that'd be it. I already got a pseudo-sequel of the other game of theirs I liked.

Well, the manga is published on the main land, so at the least Bamco could just release it there and ignore the UK. They did it before with One Piece Gigant Battle.

Well, OP is sorta kinda somewhat more popular than JoJo and actually got an anime.

I won't touch your Treasure comment.

Reknoc

Well, OP is sorta kinda somewhat more popular than JoJo and actually got an anime.

I won't touch your Treasure comment.

Jojo has a small but devoted fanbase in France. But yeah, OP is way more popular.

Fair enough then, still it does have some exposure over there so who knows.

No way, Treasure will be just fine. I bet they're working of a Star Fox game for Wii U as we speak.

*crosses everything*

gross

Jojo has a small but devoted fanbase in France. But yeah, OP is way more popular.

No way, Treasure will be just fine. I bet they're working of a Star Fox game for Wii U as we speak.

*crosses everything*

They were actually working on a 3DS game but we haven't heard anything in a while.

I don't know, maybe the licensed games market isn't as lucrative for companies anymore. What could they possibly work on? Ganbarion and Omega Force have One Piece, Naruto is mostly CC2 and there's seemingly very little interest in Bleach games. DBZ I don't really follow.

I'd kill for a Starfox title with the high speed gameplay of Sin and Punishment

Yup.

Angry Grimace

Yamada 55

I guess I forgot he actually got Odagiri's power again. New girl is just Shiraishi with dark hair.

Soul Cartel 65/66
tumblr_mlgsm43dxv1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kind of lazy as they could have made battle chess last longer, only showing three characters actions then ending it like that leaving 99% of it off panel was just odd and unfulfilling :(. Ought to have dragged it out several stripes.

Wiseblade

I don't know, maybe the licensed games market isn't as lucrative for companies anymore. What could they possibly work on? Ganbarion and Omega Force have One Piece, Naruto is mostly CC2 and there's seemingly very little interest in Bleach games. DBZ I don't really follow.

The Licensed game market dried up because it reached saturation. Why buy the latest Dragonball Z game when you already have 5 at home? The new Generation will open up the "But I don't have one for this console" argument again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom