• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, aside from the fact that Shiraishi wouldn't break someone's finger of course.

Even after Space Harrieronetta?

Not in personality, just in appearance. I don't think the author knows how to draw more than 2 different girls.

I thought that Ubisoft's first Naruto game was pretty cool. I really enjoyed that one.

2 Xbox 360 died on me, that's all.
I thought the French hated everything Microsoft/Xbox? Or is that just some weird gaming stereotype?
You lames seriously bought a Wii?
This one is funny for me, because a friend lent me his Wii, so I could play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I don't see him anymore and he never wanted it back. I never got past the first ten minutes of SS and now it's collecting dust in my living room.

They were actually working on a 3DS game but we haven't heard anything in a while.

I don't know, maybe the licensed games market isn't as lucrative for companies anymore. What could they possibly work on? Ganbarion and Omega Force have One Piece, Naruto is mostly CC2 and there's seemingly very little interest in Bleach games. DBZ I don't really follow..

Really, arent we on to two Toriko games now, Magi just got a game, Fairy Tail has one too, Gintama?. Probably focus on more Toriko games

Not in personality, just in appearance. I don't think the author knows how to draw more than 2 different girls.

Well, he's waiting for Mashima to come up with a third design.

The Licensed game market dried up because it reached saturation. Why buy the latest Dragonball Z game when you already have 5 at home? The new Generation will open up the "But I don't have one for this console" argument again.

We'll see. They were able to milk DBZ for years but Naruto is close to ending. I just don't see a big future for the licensed action space. Maybe some ADV thing.

Jump Ultimate Stars 2 pls

That implies a 3DS release which is pointless.

Really, arent we on to two Toriko games now, Magi just got a game, Fairy Tail has one too, Gintama?. Probably focus on more Toriko games

I just remember the Magi game selling like shit. Don't know how the others have fared but they're probably very low-budget anyway.

The recent Gran Turismo 6 rumors make me wish racing was bigger in Japan. I watched Initial D and Wangan Midnight and started reading OverRev!, but that's not enough. Capeta would be amazing, but it's stuck in translation hell and I won't do that to myself.

Is anything else in that genre out there I might need to read?

The recent Gran Turismo 6 rumors make me wish racing was bigger in Japan. I watched Initial D and Wangan Midnight and started reading OverRev!, but that's not enough. Capeta would be amazing, but it's stuck in translation hell and I won't do that to myself.

Is anything else in that genre out there I might need to read?

You dont watch the current season of Initial D?

bigkrev

I have this game.
It's fun if you're a fan. I also have the DS game which was cool too.

How that game hasn't been ported to iOS is a mystery. Except I'd probably fling my ipad across the room trying to do the rubbing when you pass all the defenders and are beelining for the end zone.

Stinky

I've been reading Dragon Head, made me realise how much I love survival stories.

I'm going to read 7 Seeds next, I'll look past dat josei art (its not awful) because you guys seem to love it so much.

survivor

Banned
Uzumaki vol 1-3 End
1eoy6b.jpg
21ozeo.jpg

Spirals, fucking spirals, the root of all evil. That was such a great manga. After reading this I finally understood why Juni Itou has a huge fanbase and now I'm a fan of his creative and crazy horror plots.

Unlike say Black Paradox which had a decent concept or Gyo with an extremely ridiculous and silly plot, I think this manga managed to be both creative, ridiculously crazy, and still maintain a great eerie and creepy atmosphere. The last few chapters when the town was completely taken over by the spirals was just amazing. I have only seen this sort of helplessness and atmosphere in Fourteen before. Which makes sense seeing how Itou was a big fan of Umezu.

Uzumaki vol 1-3 End
1eoy6b.jpg
21ozeo.jpg

Spirals, fucking spirals, the root of all evil. That was such a great manga. After reading this I finally understood why Juni Itou has a huge fanbase and now I'm a fan of his creative and crazy horror plots.

Unlike say Black Paradox which had a decent concept or Gyo with an extremely ridiculous and silly plot, I think this manga managed to be both creative, ridiculously crazy, and still maintain a great eerie and creepy atmosphere. The last few chapters when the town was completely taken over by the spirals was just amazing. I have only seen this sort of helplessness and atmosphere in Fourteen before. Which makes sense seeing how Itou was a big fan of Umezu.

Wait you were just reading this now?

For me this was pretty great and got me to know of this author.

Stinky

Uzumaki is like the Junji Ito manga. So good.

Hellstar Remina and Tomie are both pretty good as well, but they dont absolutely nail the creepy like Uzumaki does.

Hehe. I will. Honestly though i started to hate marathoning manga, but i will read it in chunks, instead of obsessing about catching up like i usually do.

I have no idea how one could stop reading it after some certain events. At which chapter did you stop?

I've been reading Dragon Head, made me realise how much I love survival stories.

I'm going to read 7 Seeds next, I'll look past dat josei art (its not awful) because you guys seem to love it so much.

The art gets a bit better and yes, there's a reason why most people here love it. I hope you're going to post impressions. And don't get thrown off the slow pace at the beginning.

Uzumaki is like the Junji Ito manga. So good.

Hellstar Remina and Tomie are both pretty good as well, but they dont absolutely nail the creepy like Uzumaki does.

I never thought Uzumaki was downright scary, but I loved reading it at night in bed. The creepy atmosphere was wonderful. I wish horror was a bigger genre in manga.

survivor

Banned
Wait you were just reading this now?

For me this was pretty great and got me to know of this author.

I don't know, I never cared much for horror manga, but then I saw the cover of this manga when I read Black Paradox yesterday and I realized that I should read it since I always see its name pop up.

Stinky

The art gets a bit better and yes, there's a reason why most people here love it. I hope you're going to post impressions. And don't get thrown off the slow pace at the beginning.

For sure.

I never thought Uzumaki was downright scary, but I loved reading it at night in bed. The creepy atmosphere was wonderful. I wish horror was a bigger genre in manga.

I think its almost impossible for a comic to actually be frightening (mostly because sound/music is so important for horror?).

But Junji writes these really neat stand alone short stories just makes them creepy as fuck.
Uzumaki's snails man.. and the spiral town with everyone packed into the wooden spiral.. house.

Gintama 441

Aww its over? I'm going to miss Goriko.

At least there's always doujins and fanart.

Beelzebub 200-201

Good chapters primarily because they both had Aoi making her apperance.

Guess it'll be Himekawa as the next one to get the crest, followed by Tojo.

But Junji writes these really neat stand alone short stories just makes them creepy as fuck.
Uzumaki's snails man.. and the spiral town with everyone packed into the wooden spiral.. house.

The problem I had with Uzumaki was that I actually went a bit too long, imo. The last volume wasn't really creepy anymore and just ridiculous. I probably would've liked it more, if it was shorter, with a different ending perhaps.

I think its almost impossible for a comic to actually be frightening (mostly because sound/music is so important for horror?).

While that might be true, it doesn't explain the lack of good horror anime. :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yamihat is horror.

And Utena is psychological thriller, which is like horror.

Someone say horror? 3 of my top 5 are horror.

1739687nruyh.png

Franken Fran, Screaming Lessons and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. I wish MAL had a way of breaking down lists by genre since it'd make it easier to find more. Ibitsu, Sugar Dark, School Ningyo and the Skyhigh series spring to mind.

Retcon: Oh wait, you were looking for horror anime. In that case, uh, Tasogare then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom