• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Bokura no Kiseki chapter 1-20

Intriguing premise with the past life stuff and the princess supposedly having reincarnated as a guy, though the pacing seems a bit too slow with some plot twists seemingly slowing down the solutions to certain mysteries by adding more mysteries and twists on top of what is already there.

At this point, I feel like Zeze is the mysterious boss, though who he was in his past life, is something I'm still not sure about.

Art is nice enough.
GWn.jpg

survivor

Banned
Bokura no Kiseki chapter 1-20

Intriguing premise with the past life stuff and the princess supposedly having reincarnated as a guy, though the pacing seems a bit too slow with some plot twists seemingly slowing down the solutions to certain mysteries by adding more mysteries and twists on top of what is already there.

At this point, I feel like Zeze is the mysterious boss, though who he was in his past life, is something I'm still not sure about.

Art is nice enough.

I haven't read this yet, but I remember liking the covers when I came across them one day.
img_7580575969zit.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought the whole arc was uninteresting and what's worse, unnecessary. There's no reason why this couldn't have been told in 5 chapters. But hey, at least we got a creepy bathing session with his hot mother and some super creepy loli sex tease. I bet it was worth it.

I just don't think Keima as a kid is a very interesting story arc regardless (he seduces girls with video game skills, being a kid just makes it awkward), the stuff with Dokorou has been fairly difficult to follow and really, its just gone on too long. I'm also worried that he's about to retread Keima going after the main six girls yet again, which in turn makes me worried that Wakaki doesn't know where to go with the story.

Novice Policewoman Kiruko-san 15 -16
tumblr_mlmn33tfeR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Rather entertaining chapters. 15 made me laugh just for how it turned out and 16 for the kids reactions, specifically Rai and how different he was compared to Mei and then Jean Smith's reactions and that reveal. Hopefully this is the "final" arc.

upandaway

Magi

Hahaha Alibaba. Okay!

This is really getting way too crazy all of a sudden. I don't know what to think about Duckroll's comment now.

Magi 182

Duckroll cray cray, this series has been non stop incredible for the past 40ish chapters. I can't see it ending any time soon too many characters and threads going on.

Shinjuku Lucky Hole 1
tumblr_mlmvmqwy4f1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The ending reveal for why Katagiri had to get involved with the Lucky Hole agency to make a bit of extra money was hilarious. Really good story here with Katagiri and Kumi and it really did take off once Kumi convinced or rather urged Katagiri to try something new after realizing new things about his preferences, though it was an awkward comment Katagiri made in the process...Kumi's faces excellent throughout. Enjoyed it.

duckroll

Silver Spoon - Chapter 50-63

I noticed that the Fall arc ended a while back, so I decided to catch up where I left off and finish the story arc. Pretty great stuff. I really like the storytelling here, and the characters feel pretty natural. The developments aren't as predictable as I expected, and the end of the arc was such a HUGE downer. Wow. Arakawa is really a pretty great writer. I look forward to reading Winter when it's complete. Lol.

duckroll

Magi

Another week of garbage. This really has turned into shounen tripe. Page after page after page of pointless stuff. Random explosions, dudes posing, glamour shots, dramatic faces, zero story content. In the last 10+ chapters, there's been maybe 1 chapter with actual story, and the rest were just shounen Michael Bay nonsense. Except Michael Bay can direct movies, and Magi's action is just mostly rubbish.

Glad this is taking a break. After reading 10+ chapters of Silver Spoon, it just makes it all more obvious how terrible the pacing of Magi is right now. The manga was better when it was about people talking, instead of 15 pages of KABOOOOOOOM + AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH + YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU + NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO + BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAST + BADABOOOOOOOOOOOM etc every week. How the author reflects on where the series is going before it's too late to salvage it from being the next Bleach.

Magi

Another week of garbage. This really has turned into shounen tripe. Page after page after page of pointless stuff. Random explosions, dudes posing, glamour shots, dramatic faces, zero story content. In the last 10+ chapters, there's been maybe 1 chapter with actual story, and the rest were just shounen Michael Bay nonsense. Except Michael Bay can direct movies, and Magi's action is just mostly rubbish.

Glad this is taking a break. After reading 10+ chapters of Silver Spoon, it just makes it all more obvious how terrible the pacing of Magi is right now. The manga was better when it was about people talking, instead of 15 pages of KABOOOOOOOM + AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH + YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU + NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO + BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAST + BADABOOOOOOOOOOOM etc every week. How the author reflects on where the series is going before it's too late to salvage it from being the next Bleach.

Its a war arc. Not sure if we could expect something else besides a lot of action.

Go read 7 Seeds.

Bokura wa Sore o Hitei Dekinai 1
tumblr_mlmx0hZxvW1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Good volume color page. Plot was my usual favorite friends falling in love, however, the twist was at least they didnt start out as childhood friends but met in school with one being his savior from bullies on two occasions, then feelings being shared after feeling jealous at the bullies, then a good scene. Though in present day they drifted apart somehow, so I am sad to see how that came to pass in the next chapter, maybe theyll get back together (assuming the one panel is a image of the future).

flawfuls

Present for Me

This is a collection of short stories by Ishiguro Masakazu. I imagine these were some of his some of his earlier works and It wasn't quite as good as the mangaka's other works, but it's still well worth a read. The robot and hero stories in particular were really great.

Popstar

Shokugeki no Soma 20

I liked the laid back bath conversation. The competitions will wear thin pretty quick so i wouldn't mind if this manga became a little more slice-of-life.

Although the end with Tadokoro is probably a nightmare, I suppose it could be setup for an improvised Shokugeki to get her reinstated. Unless the next chapter just starts with "you can't fire someone just because they're nervous!"

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 40

Oh my god, next chapter when? D:

I did like how in the flashback we see most of the characters as they were younger, that was cute.

Dragons Rioting 2

So I see the red haired girl already had an increase in her bust size. Probably had to balance her out with her other two larger bust size friends.

MC had a lapse of stupidity for a moment there but at least he's avoiding being a total idiot like some other protagonist.

dumbyugi

Dragons Rioting 2

Everything about this series seems so very stock standard. The most unique thing about it is that the MC isn't scared of girls for stupid reasons like most are but because he'll die if he gets aroused by them.

Kiruko-san 15-16

And the transition to battle shounen begins. Definitely a last-ditch effort to save it from being cancelled. Probably won't work, though.

Soma

Horimiya 20

Oh my.

Maybe, possibly, perhaps some sort of development between these two???

Ugggggghhhhhhh i want more chapters

Soma

If by development you mean an excuse to make things akward for a couple of chapters before things return to normal, then probably.

Well he pretty much
confessed
and now she's aware of it. It's small but I'll take what I can get! :(

But yeah I'm sure they'll keep tip-toeing around that for a few chapters before actually dealing with it.

dumbyugi

Well he pretty much
confessed
and now she's aware of it. It's small but I'll take what I can get! :(

But yeah I'm sure they'll keep tip-toeing around that for a few chapters before actually dealing with it.

Hori will probably pretend she didn't hear but will act akwardly around Miyamura for a while, then some other form of drama will come up to distract her from it. Unless the series is ending soon in which case they'll deal with their emotions soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom