• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut 20

Goddamn, that's some high-level tsundere.

I see they're going to keep up the "you're expelled if you breathe wrong" schtick going. Not that I expect them to legitimately expel her.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Soma has potential to full-on troll her constantly, if only he gets some more practice. It's gonna be great. And I really like the big guy, he's got endgame written all over him. Soma's attitude towards everything is pretty dang refreshing, I have to say.

Cliffhanger is a non-issue. Tadokoro was piggybacking a bit too hard, this will just be her learning to manage.

Kenban no Ue no Caress 1
tumblr_mlm5dnbBEM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Could always have more manga with characters playing music, always look good when they are in that moment and just playing it in the few series Ive read with it. Definitely off to a good start.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yamada and the Seven Witches

I don't see how anyone, real life reader or character in the manga, could be surprised by the "shocking news" that Ryuu loves Lucy--I mean, Urara. Shit was telegraphed from outer space, lol.

I guess the surprising thing is he admitting it and saying it out loud.

That was more progress in admitting feelings in 2 pages compared to Nisekoi's 50 chapters.

I hate Nisekoi

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Soma has potential to full-on troll her constantly, if only he gets some more practice. It's gonna be great. And I really like the big guy, he's got endgame written all over him. Soma's attitude towards everything is pretty dang refreshing, I have to say.

Cliffhanger is a non-issue. Tadokoro was piggybacking a bit too hard, this will just be her learning to manage.

I find his "I'm great at everything and just make up a dish on the spot" solution to everything to be getting old and its only 20 chapters in. I'm just hoping when they get back to the Food Battles, the author actually has something up his sleeve to make them interesting as opposed to just Soma pulling out some "special of the day" every single time. Maybe he could even lose and learn something new?

They aren't expelling Tadokoro because its Tadokoro.

Shokugeki No Soma

Dat fair and balanced fanservice.

I was gonna comment in that. I never saw a shonen that balanced in that way. Also tsundere queen is so perfectly tsundere that it makes me go HNNNGGGG everytime.

Team Medical Dragon 108

Time to four eyes to show who's the boss to the bastard.

upandaway

Soma

I find his "I'm great at everything and just make up a dish on the spot" solution to everything to be getting old and its only 20 chapters in. I'm just hoping when they get back to the Food Battles, the author actually has something up his sleeve to make them interesting as opposed to just Soma pulling out some "special of the day" every single time. Maybe he could even lose and learn something new?

They aren't expelling Tadokoro because its Tadokoro.
I was more referring to his general attitude than how he handles cooking. His cooking is obviously taking pretty heavily from Yakitate Japan, so it's really a tossup to what will happen in the future. He could start losing and go through whatever to win or he could very well go the entire manga without losing once.

To be honest I'm not quite sure what can be done with the whole cooking battle setup that will support a shonen-standard growth. If Soma's author can do it, at least he's a better author than I'll be.

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 43

D'awww at the beta couple.

Maybe the series will surprise me and not go into the boring route of MISUNDERSTANDINGS DRAMA!

TWGOK

This chapter was a bit slow, but I hope we got this whole Kid Keima thing behind us now. I hope Elsie won't become an important part of this new arc.

The next chapter should finally be a good one.

Angry Grimace

TWGOK

This chapter was a bit slow, but I hope we got this whole Kid Keima thing behind us now. I hope Elsie won't become an important part of this new arc.

The next chapter should finally be a good one.
I'm inclined to agree because I don't think the whole being a kid arc has been very interesting.

Food Smut

dat Tsundere personality was off the charts LOL. Hopefully we get more meetings where he just trolls the hell out of her.

Artist shows that no gender is safe and i'm liking that slight buildup to his Pops given that Dojima has heard the name before.

As for Tadokoro she needs to learn how to relax and this might be the chance, plus this guy fires people for the fucking hell of it so we'll see.

Hopefully Souma doesn't take the challenge or do his usual for her if it comes to that.

I'm inclined to agree because I don't think the whole being a kid arc has been very interesting.

I thought the whole arc was uninteresting and what's worse, unnecessary. There's no reason why this couldn't have been told in 5 chapters. But hey, at least we got a creepy bathing session with his hot mother and some super creepy loli sex tease. I bet it was worth it.

upandaway

Haikyuu 57

To think that at best they're still only at halfway, it seems more like we're at the climax development. Really not sure how it'll go from here (well aside from the fact they'll win. because, y'know).

Gangsta 12-13

tLgCbzb.png

I really liked this flashback, even though it felt a bit short. It was interesting to see how Wallace struggled during his childhood and how ruthless the Twilight's were treated, even as children. They both had a terrible past and were treated like shit. Normally I wouldn't really care and just see it as a normal flashback to give the protagonists a proper background, but again, there's something about this manga that really makes me care about them. From the moment on when Wallace learned that Nicolas was deaf, it's been really cute and somewhat depressing. I can't wait to get back to that time and the moment that freed both of them.

Stulaw

Change 123 ch 1-60[END]

Thought this was a pretty good manga, predictable ending and I wasn't sure if some of it was dragged on or cut short, but I liked the characters and the MC was a whimp, but at least they didn't give him a random power up and make this a typical battle manga. Anyway, I liked all of Motoko's split personalities, with Fumiko being my favourite.

Haikyuu!! 57

The final pages were my favorite moments, Suga's face when he heard the phrase next time, and then the comment about needing their Kageyama Hinata at 100%, I wonder if they'll actually be able to push em back.

This, World Trigger, Naruto, and Soma continue to be the most exciting jump manga.

upandaway

What was it what was it what was it I missed it

WISEBLADE I STILL DIDN'T FORGET HOW I POSTED IN THE WRONG THREAD AND YOU QUOTED ME AND LEFT IT THERE TO BE RIDICULED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom