• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Trigger 5

Wow I like this comic, shame I can't buy it because Viz hate (Brittish) money.

? I thought whatever viz in us gets then they in the uk get, guess when they print the volumes , hopefully, then one could finally buy it.

-

I wonder how the line up of an overseas weekly shonen jump would be, would the various publishers compromise or just have some series not in the lineup.

Front Mission Dog Life 13

It's really disturbing how the camera guy sees the Huffman conflict vs the realities of war.

I bet he smells of death given how close he is to it.

Wiseblade

Berserk Volume 19

Woot. I'm really loving this arc so far. Surprisingly, Ishidoro is really fucking likeable. Gutts is somehow maintaining his badassness yet still developing as a good guy, a great character.

Damn, I really like Puck, too.
Yeah, Ishidoro was surprisingly likeable. But Puck only got more annoying for me.

Farneze, my waifu. Such a tsundere.

I worry about you sometimes.

Kurita

Sweet Blue Flowers vol.2
Sugimoto breaking hearts left and right but she's still the best girl.
Also, I can't hold all this Aki-chan cuteness.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Aozora Yell 3-4

While it is enjoyable as a sort of happy-feel-good shoujo manga, I'm really glad they get down to the nitty gritty of playing brass mouthpiece instruments. Heck, even taught me a few things I didn't know before. Didn't know what embouchure meant.

Everyone is so nice and gentle and happy and innocent. The way she draws smiles as this big gaping hole in the face is a little creepy.

Get out the way Zodd

GRIFFITH MUST DIE

RcOtyj7.png

But honestly, Griffith got too badass to die.

Wait so this manga is for reals trying to tell me one of Toriko's attacks takes up 500 million calories? That's almost 150k pounds he would lose after one attack -.-

Antimagia 8

Probably still the only one reading it but it is so good at times, especially for a 10 chapter series I think. Prince Lucas making an innumerable amount of birds turned into dinosaurs was just plain amazing, and even dinosaur on dinosaur mythical creature action was unforgettable. Mindblowing reveal sets up for a good finale with the Homo Cornu brothers, Clymenus and Aidoneus.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Aozora Yell 8

MMmRLzS.png

First rule of concerts: don't not play.

Someone seriously needs to inject some self-confidence into this girl.

Korosenai

Toriko 43

Terry vs. a GT Robo, Coco vs. a GT Robo, and Sunny vs. a GT Robo. Things just got really interesting. Also, Sunny is my favorite Toriko character so far. It was cool seeing his "intimidation" at the end, and how he uses his hair to make it.

survivor

Banned
Summer Wars vol 1

This really lacks the charm of the anime. Oz just doesn't look as beautiful without all the colours. Heck, I don't even think the manga gave that much of a damn about emphasizing the scale and complexity of Oz, just showed in couple of pages.

Just look at what they have done to my avatar, so ugly
kLnGKO4.png

Still, the manga managed to execute most of the key moments from the movie very well, especially the entrance of King Kazma was still hype as fuck. I also completely forgot about the uncle being the one that wrote the artificial intelligence, Love Machine. I knew he was somehow connected to the story, but I couldn't remember how.

Toriko Mellow Cola Arc

Komatsu continues to grow as the main character, we learn about the Nitro and their connection to god, and Zebra joins the cast of important characters. Seems like we're building up to an explosive climax when the four kings head into the Gourmet World.

Toriko Mellow Cola Arc

Komatsu continues to grow as the main character, we learn about the Nitro and their connection to god, and Zebra joins the cast of important characters. Seems like we're building up to an explosive climax when the four kings head into the Gourmet World.

Seems like something theyd save for close to the final part of the series. Isnt Mellow Cola still close to the bottom part of the list of the various things Toriko is doing for Ichiyu?

Nitro is epic.

Seems like something theyd save for close to the final part of the series. Isnt Mellow Cola still close to the bottom part of the list of the various things Toriko is doing for Ichiyu?

Nitro is epic.

Well I'm not sure what is going on in the current caught up parts of the manga, but the pace of Toriko like manga seems to be flying really quickly.

survivor

Banned
Ghost in the Shell ARISE 1

Cliched setup with a veteran trying to get revenge cause fuck the government or something equally as dumb, and then he meets his old bro buddy from war and then they fight and everything gets resolved. Maybe I would care more about these characters if I read/watched original Ghost in the Shell, but as it stands, this is just average.

Good art though.

survivor

Banned
This pic... ;_;
I think I'll read volume 7 later, don't think I could hold all these feels right now.

I had to go and make sure that you read this volume first, but funnily enough, volume 6 of Punpun, especially the last chapter was heartbreaking. These two pages are just pure art

Gonna watch some Kaiji.
I think there is more crying in Kaiji than REAL lol

Kurita

I had to go and make sure that that you read this volume first, but funnily enough, volume 6 of Punpun, especially the last chapter was heartbreaking. These two pages are just pure art

Yes, this last few pages of this volume were fantastic...
The next volume will be released in May, the wait is so painful (vol.6 was released in February...).

The cover looks cool.
RNKNP9F.jpg

Toriko 144

What's the point of having a character who wears a mask if we're going to have Toriko and Komatsu recognize him just by voice alone? Seriously why even bother with the whole mask when the only time Toriko and Komatsu originally met Starjun was when he was controlling a GT robot? This should have been the point we met his character with a different name and they strung us along until the reveal that he was a bad guy. AHHHHHH for everything Toriko does really well it does one or two stupid things to piss me off.

Berserk, "evil battle"

RvJ4npB.png

Yeah! Don't be afraid! You're the elite and they're just a couple of sold-

ck2sany.png

Oh.

DSaGhFU.png

Oh.

War never changes (in Berserk) <3

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
KNIM

This has to be an accomplishment. A bajillion chapters where nothing actually happens. Like... WHAT THE FUCKSKFJDSLKFJSDLKFSDJFKLSDJFLDKSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom