• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medaka Box END

Even if the recent arcs kinda sucked I'm gonna miss the series. It wasn't all that fun or good but it had some charming, mostly because of the trolling, probably.

Good ending too. It looked way worse in the spoilers. Now I'm interested in the Kumagawa chapter.

Kodomo no Jikan END

Still pissed that they let Kokonoe stay as a loli for the loli pandering, but forgetting that...trying very hardly, it was quite enjoyable series.

Kawaii shotas deserve some much needed attention in this age of lolicon fantasies in games.

Mnlya7D.gif

Stinky

PS Gon and Killua's Hunterpedia is incredible.

Medaka Box END

Goodbye, dear friend ;_;

Some series seem to just randomly end, I've never seen such a setup just to END the series. maybe just because I read it weekly but past 5 chapters have been "almost endings".

cool powers , solid characters, and some humour too. Medaka Box gets the Stinky stamp of approval.

Kurita

Kurita I don't feel very comfortable with the look you've been giving me recently. What did I do to you man, we weren't supposed to be like this.

He's staring at your soul, trying to decipher your mind, your thoughts, your troubles.
And your brainfarts.

image.php

image.php

image.php

Medaka Box END

I liked it. Fresh final chapter to a series that ended before it ran out of troll-steam. :')

Magi

Alibaba was getting ready to be even more badass but Kouen just had to show up with his entourage and steal the show. His goatee still looks stupid though so points go to Alibaba.

Aunt Tits

"I... I'm sorry... You're going out of your way to help me, yet..."

sure. help.

One Punch Man

I swear, I could look at Murata art all day but it's getting a tad bit boring. I hope this arc shakes things up a bit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can someone else just pick up Baby Steps? The person who's translating it now obviously doesn't give a crap about it =/

Beelzebub

Himekawa got the sh*t beaten out of him, its just that Toujou ran out of steam.

Also lol at the comedy. Kunieda is always welcome in chapters, so glad Hilda is out of the picture right now. Want more of Aoi in the next few chapters.

Medaka Box

Gotta start from the beginning now lol.

No FT or HSDK this week?

Medaka Box ending... yeah, by having a completely normal ending, I guess it is one final troll... I mean, would you really have expected such an insane series to end so normally?

Arachnid - 28

...and another girl is added to Alice's squad/harem.

I hope cockroach girl is still alive, though.

But yeah, the powers and excuses for why these people can do the things they do are so silly... :lol Like, in this chapter, the excuse for why the poison gas didn't work on rhinoceros beetle girl. It didn't make a whole lot of sense, but that's normal for the series...

survivor

Banned
Speaking French sucks, but writing/comprehension was generally easy and I'd much rather suffer through its weird grammar rather than learn mysterious alien runes that follow no logic.

Monster 1-8

I've seen all of this before in the anime (watched like the first 5ish episodes awhile ago) but it's still incredible. Johan and Tenma are both incredibly complex characters despite the fact one is supposed to symbolize all that is good and the other is supposed to be all that is evil. I can't wait to see what other cruel twist of fate this series has in store.

Akito

I'm feeling ignored in the FE:A OT so I'll put my question here as well.
I'm at chapter 19 and almost all of the characters in my main team are quite close to 20/20 and they were getting pitiful little EXP for a while now. Should I reclass them to other 2nd tier classes?

Wiseblade

I'm at chapter 19 and almost all of the characters in my main team are quite close to 20/20 and they were getting pitiful little EXP for a while now. Should I reclass them to other 2nd tier classes?

Are you struggling with battles? What difficulty are you on?

bigkrev

Sounds like your over-leveled. Feel free to reclass.

Anyone have Injustice for PS3? I need tor throw the pig against someone a bunch of times and do all the Metropolis transitions for unlocks (NA comics, i know....)

Reclassing/promoting should always work like this

If you're an unpromoted class

Reclass at 10 for more unpromoted skills or wait til 20 to promote

If you're a promoted class

Reclass at 15 for more skills, if you don't want more skills reclass at 20 back to the class you're already in

Once you promote you never want to reclass back to an unpromoted class (not counting specialty classes like Manakete and Tanguel).

What difficulty are you on? Outside of lunatic/+ you shouldn't be struggling that much if your whole army is 20/20 on hard and on normal your army should steam roll.

Edit: Misread your post I thought you said you were having difficulty

upandaway

Don't you know like three languages?
That greatly depends on what your definition is for knowing a language. I know Hebrew, English, and can understand REALLY basic (spoken) Arabic and Japanese, but I'm completely disastrous at all of them academically and only know them because of immersion for at least half of my life (which comes at the price of the inability to grammar or translate + the terrifying inability to think in the language i want, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies).

It would be nice if I could find a simple JRPG to play that doesn't have a translation (fan or otherwise), but I can't. Worst case scenario Kurita will translate Baby Steps for us.

Akito

I'm playing on hard and I don't have any problems with the difficulty, most of my characters are basically gods compared to the enemies but it kinda bug me that I'm only getting like 10 EXP for each kill. Ah well, reclass is it then.

That greatly depends on what your definition is for knowing a language. I know Hebrew, English, and can understand REALLY basic (spoken) Arabic and Japanese, but I'm completely disastrous at all of them academically and only know them because of immersion for at least half of my life (which comes at the price of the inability to grammar or translate + the terrifying inability to think in the language i want, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies).

It would be nice if I could find a simple JRPG to play that doesn't have a translation (fan or otherwise), but I can't. Worst case scenario Kurita will translate Baby Steps for us.

Have you tried the card rpg Dragon Ball/Z games? I don't think English translations exist for any of them and even if they do I doubt you've played them all.

I'm playing on hard and I don't have any problems with the difficulty, most of my characters are basically gods compared to the enemies but it kinda bug me that I'm only get like 10 EXP for each kill. Ah well, reclass is it then.

Yeah hard gets way too easy due to how easy it is to make your characters gods with the pair up system

dramatis

German was pretty easy for me.
Japanese is not easier than German. The initial learning curve (hiragana/katakana) is a nice, gentle slope. Then you hit kanji and you fall off a cliff. You meet passive and potential conjugations and your brain starts to fry a little.

Wiseblade

I'm playing on hard and I don't have any problems with the difficulty, most of my characters are basically gods compared to the enemies but it kinda bug me that I'm only getting like 10 EXP for each kill. Ah well, reclass is it then.
If I was going to be a jerk, I would say that you should have been reclassing before you promoted and picked up a BUNCH of Tier 1 skills before your EXP gain went down the drain. But I'm not, so I won't.

Akito

If I was going to be a jerk, I would say that you should have been reclassing before you promoted and picked up a BUNCH of Tier 1 skills before your EXP gain went down the drain. But I'm not, so I won't.
Optimization is reserved for subsequent playthroughs, I always go blind through the first one.
But I have to say that the game does not really try its best at explaining this stuff to me.

Optimization is reserved for subsequent playthroughs, I always go blind through the first one.

Yeah, you really can't optimize your units unless you plan ahead with marriages and really plan exactly what kind of army you want. An army optimized to be difficult street pass opponents is very different from one that is optimized to complete the hardest dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom