• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Looks like it's confirmed that the Evangelion manga will conclude in about 2 months. The latest issue of whatever mag it runs in (I think it's Newtype Ace or Shounen Ace or something), says 2 more chapters before it ends. Since it should end around June or July, that'll be 18 and a half years of serialization, on and off. Crazy.

I guess Sadamoto watched Eva 3.33 and just said "fuck it, I'm done with this crap." Lol. Hopefully when he starts up the Blue Uru manga in the same magazine, it's good stuff.

duckroll

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56323348]Jojo's is coming up on three decades lol[/QUOTE]

But Jojo isn't a more or less straight adaptation of a TV series and movie which ended in 1997. Lol.

Wiseblade

Looks like it's confirmed that the Evangelion manga will conclude in about 2 months. The latest issue of whatever mag it runs in (I think it's Newtype Ace or Shounen Ace or something), says 2 more chapters before it ends. Since it should end around June or July, that'll be 18 and a half years of serialization, on and off. Crazy.

I guess Sadamoto watched Eva 3.33 and just said "fuck it, I'm done with this crap." Lol. Hopefully when he starts up the Blue Uru manga in the same magazine, it's good stuff.

18 years in a monthly? That's nothing. One Piece is coming up to 18 years on a weekly schedule. Hajime no Ippo is over 20 years old too. And then there's Kochikame...

Kurita

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56323348]Jojo's is coming up on three decades lol[/QUOTE]

Kochikame beats it, and it's a weekly series on top of that!

Kind of glad I wasnt following it from the start, though it is interesting seeing his comments apologizing for such long breaks between some of the volumes, or feeling glad to get some of them out.

Worst the really really short chapters :/

survivor

Banned
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru vol 4
The many faces of Hotori
002hmuto.jpg
I didn't really find the first part of the volume that funny even though the trip was very interesting. One of the strengths of the series, even when it's not extremely funny, the contents of the chapters are still enjoyable to read and full of creativity. Takeru's first date chapter was still good.

Kusagari

Yes. Aside from some changes in characterization, and some odd changes/additions here and there, it's basically Eva TV + End of Evangelion.

Was it just excessively dragged out or did it go on hiatus a lot? Not sure how a manga that followed Eva and EoE could go on that long otherwise.

Torikago Syndrome 3
tumblr_mm3978FmRB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wow that friendship moments were really well done and the trust development for Mark and Ayase, and then Ayase and Licht made this fun...but then the king had to reveal the true intent of the gam, giving people hope and then crushing it at the end. Wasnt expecting to get all teary eyed and depressed from this, what even. Final pages with Mark and all his statements for Tsugumi :(.

Tons of good character designs introduced though, guy on the left and guy on the right were most memorable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shingeki no Kyojin

The author clearly is entertaining himself way too much with the faces made by the regular dumb Titans.

I just realized...the Pain as Akatsuki leader and Tobi as his boss was in chapter 363 and 364 respectively....SIX years ago. Holy hell does time fly. I wonder if we were bitching about naruto anywhere near as much back then :p

survivor

Banned
Again 35

Wait, so Imamura is in the Again world unconscious and thus he is back to the real world? And in the real world Aki is unconscious and thus she is in the Again world? So the time portal is within their mind? Or maybe they are all crazy and are dreaming? Argh, just get on with the pointless search for Usami and get back to the Again world.

survivor

Banned
Wait, wait...
They got time portals and shit in Again!! now? Really need to catch up.

Well I don't know what they got or what's happening with the time travel, I'm just making random guesses. Nothing is really explained and not that it matters that much since that stuff aren't really relevant to the story.

survivor

Banned
Avant-garde Yumeko

I suppose where this story is set, the internet hasn't been invented yet? Cause using google isn't that hard. Oh well, I can't wait for the awkward drama of a perverted girl on a journey to see a real cock.

Soma

Nanatsu no Taizai 26

ibRYzBy9MIiA0.png

Hahaha.

Bit of an anti-climactic end to the fight but new party member get!

Next arc should be fun.

HSDK

Wow Tanaka became a master in the short time he was away relatively.

Just curious about what Akisame discovered about the school.

Wonder if Ogata will go down or will Tanaka turn evil?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56358004]7 Seeds is out ^_^[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's been like 3 months was the series on a hiatus? Scanlation team just slow? Or author pulled a Berserk?

Lirlond

Whose your favorite crows? Mines tsuki, kageyama, hinata.

The libero and the setter who's not kageyama. The way he can prioritize the team over himself is really noble.

Yeah, it's pretty good. The art's a little quirky, but that's only an issue because I'm constantly comparing it to Eyeshield 21 in my head.

Haha yeah, the small heads bugged me out at first but its not a big issue.

survivor

Banned
Yeah it's been like 3 months was the series on a hiatus? Scanlation team just slow? Or author pulled a Berserk?

Translator was busy with school plus they needed more team members to help. Besides, the English translations are behind ~6 chapters so a hiatus wouldn't matter much right now.

Stage On

How many volumes would that make for the series in total once all is said and done?

I'm really hoping that it makes it to 15 total since the oversized 3 in 1 edition Viz is doing is amazing.

Am I the only person who hates the 3 in 1 volumes? The only ones I've bought were the Deathnote black edition which were 2 in 1's and I bought them mostly because of the way they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom