• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Sakamoto Desu Ga aka The Swag Man/Swagmoto/Swagamoto

Edit: You haven't read it yet Rebel Leader? Get on it!

I rarely have time to keep up on this thread

1Jf8xBu.jpg

Aizen has some trolling competition

Neon Genesis Evangelion Comic Tributes
tumblr_mm4dmzQhVv1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Almost nearly done with all of these, Neon Genesis Evandoglion was funny and cute, I want an angel too, so adorable. While the others thankfully were lacking much fanservice (well best fanservice ones were Shinji in that initial moment from the shower and misato and toothpicks), and I guess Shinji and Kaworu fighting in the live action shorts of Evangelion). Evangelion Online one was funny too, simply for the sake of how epic Gendo was. He's really likeable and provides such great material in these tributes.

Psycho-Pass: Inspector Akane Tsunemori 4

Kougami has great faces when he gets with the dominator and all carnivorous like for his prey. I dont remember the air duct part to bring the cable , however the final big action scene was amazing.

upandaway

Man there has to be some conspiracy or something, Swagamoto was out Tuesday (and I even posted about it) and I was ignored, one day later and suddenly it's a Wednesday Chapter

Into Illusion ch1

For sublimes first attempt at a simultaneous worldwide release of a novel/manga hybrid story in relation to JPN (think they also got the chapter on this weekend), it was pretty well done and I hope to see more. Only issue is its in a bimonthly magazine so so long to wait for more, but if it stays over 109 pages (~35pgs manga, rest novel), then its so worth it.

I think I like it a bit more than Ai no Kusabi from the same writer, though probably due to the characters here are more to my liking with Kouki being best looking and then Takkun too, and then the spirits, specifically Ragou in black. The story itself so far is quite good though sad but slightly improving, hopefully for the characters, after the terrible tragedy in their childhood and then enduring the comments from others as they grew up. The writer's moments of showing their close friendship are really pleasing and quite touching, holding hands to block out the terrible loud noises of the world, or hugging in class to do the same thing, matching heartbeats. Looking forward to more and diving more into the world as the spirit stuff gets going, and the conflict finally detailed, as well as if the three will put their abilities to use to thwart the spiritual threat that seems to be rising. Good.

survivor

Banned
Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai vol 5
tennai1vruo4.jpg
tennai2i8urb.jpg

Well, the Shino-Takigawa conflict was resolved in this volume and fortunately didn't get dragged out. I'm still not sure why she was fooling around with these other guys. To make Takigawa jealous? But he wasn't aware of what she was doing. Didn't expect her to be connected to the Valentine day incident that happened years ago, but at least with that happening everything is set for the eventual Takigawa and Mamiya happy end. Unless some more misunderstandings happened, but I doubt it.

Adding all these extra student council members felt unneeded. Most of them are sticking to the sideline and not doing anything outside of Mako will just hook up with Bunta and even then her role to the story is non-existent so really they are just extra side characters who serve no purpose. Maybe some of the members will get serious and get integrated into a major part of the story seeing how there are 3 volumes left, but as of now they are just their for comedic purposes.

I did like the whole Midori realizing she is not an angel in this chapter. At least the name of the manga (I'm not an Angel) is finally making an appearance in the story. Ken's heart got broken pretty fast and the dude never stood a chance. You gotta feel bad for these characters who are just as a distraction until the main couple realize they are meant for each other.

Oh yeah, Yazawa made couple of appearances in this volume. She shamelessly hyped one of her older shoujo manga and I think she was the tour guide for the student council trip.

Cube x Cursed x Curious 4

Comparing to the anime, its really taken five chapters to get to where episode 2 was. Other adaptations are slightly better paced, like Psyco Pass. Odd. I wonder how far this gets in just three volumes. Dont think Ill pick up the light novels.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, TLRD is starting to feel less potent. The running gag of "Rito barely stumbles in the general direction of a girl and somehow ends up simultaneously groping them and with his face in their crotch" just seems embarrassingly stupid now.

Wasn't that the entire plot in TLR original?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56445424]Fuck both of them but at least MangaGAF will make sense to most people. ManGAF is like people who hate feminists or something.[/QUOTE]

I tried to tell them this, but they're too in love with their not-really-clever stylized fake community name.

Akito

Swagamoto 5
Where can I find a butler like Swagamoto, I'd have use for one.

Te to Kuchi 1
Huh, so this will be a crime series set in the Edo period and the two MCs are a short and talkative guy and a tall and silent female swordsman. The first case was alright I guess, not overly complicated but was constructed cleverly enough to introduce our main couple as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SnK

I like how the reaction faces only have like a 50% chance to actually be on-model.
KuGsj.gif

TWGOK

I wish the whole "Keima as a kid" arc would be over.

Retcon Review:

Swagamoto

This fuckin' guy
KuGsj.gif

Stage On

Should end at 14...v13 released in nov 2012(worldwide), v 12 in march 2010 (jpn)

Well darn, I hope then that Viz release a 2 for 1 in the same oversized format as the 3 in 1's. The extra large art and color pages are amazing

Am I the only person who hates the 3 in 1 volumes? The only ones I've bought were the Deathnote black edition which were 2 in 1's and I bought them mostly because of the way they look.

Why hate them?

For one they can be a LOT cheaper. $15 for what would otherwise be $30 if you bought the individual volumes. Plus it helps when you can't find all the volumes in print. I had given up on getting the Evangelion manga simply because a few of the middle volumes where out of print so if it wasn't for the 3 in 1 edition I wouldn't be able to add that series to my collection.

I'm not sure how good the quality is for other omnibuses but the Eva ones are top notch.

SoilBreak

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56445424]Fuck both of them but at least MangaGAF will make sense to most people. ManGAF is like people who hate feminists or something.[/QUOTE]

ManGAF are part of the men's rights movement?

Kurita

3 in 1 (or 2 in 1, whatever) often look bad imo. I only bought the black edition of Death Note.
I prefer perfect editions and whatnot with color pages... Expensive but often worth it imo. Love Kenshin's one.
8HzCVlH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom