• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sket Dance 238-239

7HSSENZl.png

This is the cutest thing ever.

GManDH

FT
So instead of showing new characters you just bring back bad guys and use the current bad guys as good guys?? WOW!!!

GManDH

they have 3 REAL dragon slayers, all the rest are "fake". NVM they just confirmed we have 5 dragon slayers trained by real dragons.

Wiseblade

Am I the only person who hates the 3 in 1 volumes? The only ones I've bought were the Deathnote black edition which were 2 in 1's and I bought them mostly because of the way they look.

Nope, The One Piece 3 in 1 volumes looks so unwieldy that they motivate me to catch up before the 3 in 1s are the only things available.

Jintor

Am I the only person who hates the 3 in 1 volumes? The only ones I've bought were the Deathnote black edition which were 2 in 1's and I bought them mostly because of the way they look.

They're pretty terrible. Way too big to comfortably read. I made an exception for Girl Friends though because there was no other way in hell I was ever going to get that manga in english in print :<

wonzo

Banned
killingtrees11.jpg

killingtrees11a.jpg

based ohtaka

The only massive omnibuses I own are the Yen Press Azumanga one, Solanin, the Hardcover versions of Nausicca and Thermae Romae, and the two Blood Lad releases. Can't say I've had any issues with reading them tbqh but they are a pain to carry around.

survivor

Banned
The only massive omnibuses I own are the Yen Press Azumanga one, Solanin, the Hardcover versions of Nausicca and Thermae Romae, and the two Blood Lad releases. Can't say I've had any issues with reading them tbqh but they are a pain to carry around.
The Azumanga omnibus is a pain in the ass to read, way too uncomfortable.

The worst ones are the 500+ pages hardcover collections. They look extremely nice and durable, but I hate reading them.

I think the Evangelion ones are good quality, I like the bigger sizes and the various extras though am double dipping on them since I have the single volumes already. Loveless also is good too and Blood Lad. I guess the color pages or sometimes even just larger page size makes them feel alright.

Oh and got more manga on today.
tumblr_mm3mpxxfd81qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

wonzo

Banned
The Azumanga omnibus is a pain in the ass to read, way too uncomfortable.

The worst ones are the 500+ pages hardcover collections. They look extremely nice and durable, but I hate reading them.
Ehh, I really didn't have an issue reading it but I think that's thanks mostly to the 4koma format with the big enough spacing on the side of each page. I will say though it's bigger than the old hardcover copy of the bible I've got. lol

Yakkyoku no Pochiyama-san 01

F5JjDlZl.png

A story about an ordinary high school boy and a hikikomori girl who's speaks only via writing who manages a store.

It's pretty weird but charming at the same time. Pochiyama is a fun character and I like how she communicates with signs. Her sense of logic is pretty out there as well but still fun.

Too bad about the poor attempt at drawing this at a consistent schedule.

bigkrev

I used to tolerate them because of how cheap they were (I think I own 4 3in1s of Negima from the mid 2000s that were 15 each versus 11 for a normal vol). But they are so bulky to read- i'm reading Loveless in the 2in1s Viz is putting out and its a 2 hand, arms on a table style read.

survivor

Banned
Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai vol 4
tennai_vol04_ch17_p02mzis8.jpg

So I guess this is the volume where things go horribly wrong for all the major characters involved. The main couple's relationship went sour with Midori being abandoned by Akira and going back to the junior high friend, Ken. On the other hand Akira is torn apart between his first crush, Maki, and current "girlfriend", Midori, and he decides to go back to prevent Maki from getting married. Then we have the character who I feel got hurt the most, Maki, who is trapped and haunted by Masashi. She can't move on with her life and get married due to his painting that he sent home expressing his love, and she can't settle on a life with him. Either way, it's a life full of suffering. Some of these developments were expected (Midori-Ken), while others were a big surprise and in a good way (Masashi-Maki).

Ever since the introduction of Ken, I knew he was there for Midori to fall back on in the case things go bad between her and Akira. I think the way Yazawa handled their breakup was alright. I mean she did build up that their relationship was in trouble, and Midori's optimism can only handle so much jealousy plus not to mention Akira did act like an asshole by leaving her and going after Maki. Then on the other hand I do feel that the development are just there to pad the story. With 4 volumes left, you do need some big conflict like this.

I am a fan of the way Midori's cheerfulness and optimistic outlook on life got torn apart and destroyed. She wanted Maki and Masashi to stay together which results in Akira's happiness, but nope, it ended in misery for all three characters. She wanted Mamiya to confess her feelings to Takigawa and end up together as a couple, but nope, Takigawa went after Shino instead. Then Midori herself decided to act selfish and not inform Akira about Maki's marriage interview, but the moment she did, she got abandoned by Akira. I do hope this leads to some good character developments later on for Midori and helps her to deal with Akira when she eventually gets back with him.

Soma

Again!! Ch. 1a & 1b

Huh. Premise seems interesting enough. I've always been a sucker for these types of plots.

Think i'll be reading more of this.

dumbyugi

To Love-Ru Darkness 31

If it wasn't already clear that Rin would be part of Rito's harem than this chapter makes it obvious. Action next chapter by the looks of it, and it'll be in maid uniforms.

Articalys

Honestly, TLRD is starting to feel less potent. The running gag of "Rito barely stumbles in the general direction of a girl and somehow ends up simultaneously groping them and with his face in their crotch" just seems embarrassingly stupid now.

tenchir

Fairy Tail

So there are now 3 distinct timelines?

1st timeline - FRogue's future is dominated by Acnologia(no other dragons and no one can fight back), so he went back in time to try to open the gate to summon dragons to control so he can use them to defeat Acnologia. Something probably happen which leads to.....

2nd timeline - FLucy's future is dominated by thousands of dragons because of FRogue, so she went back in time to warn people(didn't know where the dragon came from), but appeared after FRogue which leads us to....

3rd timeline - FRogue appeared first but his planned was interrupted by FLucy's warning, only 7 dragons escaped through the gates.

Only plothole I can think of is how did future Rogue created the spell to control dragons if Acnologia is the only dragon left and it doesn't work on him?

Fairy Tail
Well time for the seven dragon slayers to get super power up .
Wonder if they going to get help from other characters , do it on there own along with friendship power .

Wednesday with only FT how sad .......

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yotsuba& 83

Asagi chapters are the best chapters.

Then again, every chapter of Yotsuba& is the best chapter.

Therein lies the paradox.

Yotsuba 83

So good waking up to a new chapter. Asagi <3

Vagabond 312-313

Famine is a bitch.

TWGOK 226

Now it makes sense before the time travel, the school became an all-girl school (see chapter 192).

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Apocalypse no Toride 2

Is it just me or is the perspective and the character placement in this manga really weird?
I never thought of it as such but now that you mentioned it... I think it is a little weird

Sorry for the late quote , I just read this up today . Damn this was awesome and IMO ,is a more proper zombie manga than others .
I have to agree on this. I want more
I Am a Hero is the best zombie manga.
I heard of that, I guess I will get to reading that.

But this one is a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom