• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 in 1 (or 2 in 1, whatever) often look bad imo. I only bought the black edition of Death Note.
I prefer perfect editions and whatnot with color pages... Expensive but often worth it imo. Love Kenshin's one.
http://i.imgur.com/8HzCVlH.png[/IM][/QUOTE]

I thought you didnt like color pages and said the [URL="http://25.media.tumblr.com/416ff1592afe0472c7ddc7b44f803477/tumblr_mkyc9wY2431qbxqfpo1_1280.png"]dragonball colour[/URL] pages were awful.

Stinky

I LOVE me some colour pages but those Dragonball ones are really eh.

colour pages that are drawn with copic markers (or somethin similar) are far more organic and eye-pleasing than digitally coloured ones. Of course theyre normally only colour spreads and not regular pages.

K2ANlg4.jpg

Kurita

I LOVE me some colour pages but those Dragonball ones are really eh.

The colour spreads drawn with copic markers (or somethin similar) are far more organic and eye-pleasing than the digitally coloured ones

See, this one looks pretty good!

I do love color spreads, don't know why you thought the opposite DTL. I mean, look at that :

Based Murata

Lain

Well darn, I hope then that Viz release a 2 for 1 in the same oversized format as the 3 in 1's. The extra large art and color pages are amazing

Why hate them?

For one they can be a LOT cheaper. $15 for what would otherwise be $30 if you bought the individual volumes. Plus it helps when you can't find all the volumes in print. I had given up on getting the Evangelion manga simply because a few of the middle volumes where out of print so if it wasn't for the 3 in 1 edition I wouldn't be able to add that series to my collection.

I'm not sure how good the quality is for other omnibuses but the Eva ones are top notch.

Monstrously big volumes are a pain to carry around and a pain to hold and read, plus you miss on awesome covers.

It all comes down to wanting a product that's easier on the wallet or a product that's easier to handle for me, as such I hate what I perceive as the American love with the omnibus format

Kurita

Monstrously big volumes are a pain to carry around and a pain to hold and read, plus you miss on awesome covers.

It all comes down to wanting a product that's easier on the wallet or a product that's easier to handle for me, as such I hate what I perceive as the American love with the omnibus format

Americans are silly. #TeamEurope

survivor

Banned
Still not as bad as those awful Naruto (and sometimes Bleach) fan-coloured pages scanlators include in their releases

Oh yeah, those are just awful.

Speaking of coloured pages

Good

Bad

It's just the love of easy production values. Companies can't afford to release new ~20 volumes series anymore to compete with shrinking shelf space so they love the omnibus format.

Kurita

Don't know why they didn't ask Toriyama to do the color edition.
It's not like he's busy or anything (well, he must be counting his money).

I dont think its a love for the omnibus format, its just whatever is available. Its not like death note, loveless, neon genesis evangelion, bleach, naruto, one piece, air gear, negima, HANA-KIMI , skip beat, fma, kekkaishi, and a few others didnt or dont have single volume releases out there. Though there are some that only release in two volume omnibus (Blood Lad), but some that are just in omnibus since the original publisher is gone (loveless).

Stinky

Oh havent looked at my mangupdates in a few days lemme check it.

New chapters of:

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Vagabond
Yotsubato!
Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou
Sakamoto desu ga?
Himizu
Yome ga Kore na Monde
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Gin no Saji
Nisekoi
Shokugeki no Soma
Beelzebub
Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuyahen
Watashi no Tomodachi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui.
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Onepunch-Man
Jin

Today is gonna be a good day

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shingeki no Kyojin 1-39

The plot reminds of the movie versions of "I Am Legend."

bigkrev

Wait for people here to post when a chapter is out

By not reading more than 5 ongoing manga.

How I keep track of Manga.

Hnnnnnnghh
Look at that water bro
hnnnnnnnngh indeed. If I hadn't read it 6 months ago, id be re-reading it right now. Maybe when Football season starts in September i'll do it

Nisekoi 72

Can teachers even legally do that?

Shu is exactly the kind of asshole friend that Raku deserves

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So now we have:
Beam x Big One
Wiseblade x upandaway
Kurita x DTL

survivor

Banned
Eternal Sabbath vol 3

Kimiko, nooooooo. Izaku has finally crossed the line.

I suppose this manga is a big believer of hypnosis being magic and special. Oh well, it will give good opportunities to see inside Shuro's mind and subconscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom