• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murata and Inoue are the kind of authors that I put in my own imaginary group called "Page Spread Authors."

Fantastic drawing skills but often emphasizing the art so much to the point where they sacrifice the longevity and the content of the chapters.

I really love good art in manga, but I agree. I still remember that fully colorized OPM chapter with Genos and that metal robot landing. It looked gorgeous, but had little to no content. It was kinda wasted.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I really love good art in manga, but I agree. I still remember that fully colorized OPM chapter with Genos and that metal robot landing. It looked gorgeous, but had little to no content. It was kinda wasted.

Yeah, I personally dislike that kind of art-fellatio, hahaha.

Of course, they are at least better than authors whose arts are nothing special but do that nonetheless >___>

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Murata is not even the author of one punch man anyway.

Actually has he written anything or is he just strictly about the art?

Kurita

He wrote some one-shots :
Blust!
Minds
Madofuki Park

And he did Hetappi Manga Kenkyuujo R, where Murata teaches the art of manga to a WSJ editor. It's only one volume long.

OPM might not be Murata's story, but isn't he the one who turns ONE's story into the current manga that it is? I don't think ONE is telling him how long a chapter has to be and all that.

Antiwhippy

OPM might not be Murata's story, but isn't he the one who turns ONE's story into the current manga that it is? I don't think ONE is telling him how long a chapter has to be and all that.

Oh, I'm not downplaying his role, but I consider authors as the ones who created the story. Story boarding is sill essentially the role of an artist.

wonzo

Banned
Makai no Ossan 1-70
makainoossan22.jpg
makainoossan22a.jpg

This webcomic by ONE fucking owns.

Kurita

I heard about it awhile ago but I only just bothered to actually check it out, it's pretty hilarious!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/manga/makainoossan59.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
The following chapters after this one were even more hilarious :lol The editor's face when the author explains the gag... :lol

dumbyugi

Kyou no Yuiko-san 1-2

I can't tell if this girl is an extreme tsundere or just socially akward. The boy is as dense as a harem protag except he has a girlfriend. I suppose this series is what would happen if a harem MC chose a tsundere and they started dating.

I've only watched the show, but mentioned Bean specifically, because he pretty much dies in everything, regardless the role.

The only things I can remember him being in that weren't LotR or GoT were Lightning Thief and Goldeneye don't think he died in LT don't remember his role in GE at all.

The only things I can remember him being in that weren't LotR or GoT were Lightning Thief and Goldeneye don't think he died in LT don't remember his role in GE at all.

He was 006 in GE and therefore the baddie. I can't blame you for not remembering it, it's not a good movie.

Gosh have to dodge so many posts, dont wanna be spoiled on AoT/SNK anime

He needs to stop dicking around, get some good sleep and put the chapters out on a fixed schedule. As an entitled internet user, I demand it.

The OPM chapters dont come out on a fixed schedule?

The Misfortune of Kyon & Koizumi (halfway)

This is like the best property of the entire franchise. I love how each of the stories have usually my favorite Kyon and Koizumi moments (authors giving them shippable moments, the Koizumi too close to Kyon's face, "the embrace", that Haruhi delusion of Kyon/Koizumi in the nurses office) etc. I guess for other fans of Haruhi this comics collection was kind of lacking.

I guess Ill start the books after watching the movie sometime.

Fairy Tail 329

Yesterday's enemies, today's allies and Future Rogue having potentially good intentions, this arc has gotten to be quite amazing, if they can really take down all these dragons then challenge Acnologia. Where is dark mage Zeref anyway, surely he cant be sitting idly alone on some island causing plants to wither and die while all this action is going on?

Antiwhippy

Hinamatsuri 19-20

8qgabI6.png

I love the faces sometimes.

While I'm glad that this is getting updated more frequently, I really hope another translation team do this series, because I can barely follow the terrible translations.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 59
pwMBxV0.png

Cool to see interactions between Tsuki and Kageyama in this chapter.
And now it's Oikawa's turn to serve, this is not going to end well... Go Karasuno!

Makai no Ossan 1-15

k6eR91N.png

This is really amazing. I was surprised that most chapters were only one page long, but they're so good. The father is the best character so far.

Antiwhippy

Nobunaga no Chef 21

TPkc0vA.png

Awwwww shit.

Kind of interesting how the author manages to keep weaving food and politics together.

Antiwhippy

Eh, I don't really expect much to happen with that bone to be honest. Ken will once again spread nobunaga's power with his cooking.

Which is actually kinda the same problem I have with shokugeki no soma now. Seems like he constantly "wins" his "battles". The hook of modern cuisine changing history still makes this a pretty interesting and entertaining read.

Though who knows, maybe this will be the turning point.

Fairy Tail 329

Yesterday's enemies, today's allies and Future Rogue having potentially good intentions, this arc has gotten to be quite amazing, if they can really take down all these dragons then challenge Acnologia. Where is dark mage Zeref anyway, surely he cant be sitting idly alone on some island causing plants to wither and die while all this action is going on?

WHAT?!!!? Did you read some different version or something of this week's chapter? Like you would have to literally twist the plot to make Future Rouge look good who is pure classic evil villain.

He said that he would use the dragon control magic he has to rule the world.

I can get you liking Sting and Raios for whatever reason but Future Rouge having good intentions after his actions and what he said.....

It would be a huge stretch to say that Rouge planned the gate to open so that the 7 Dragon Slayers of this time could power up by killing the dragons. But! He tried to kill Lucy and ended up killing future Lucy and his villain speech isn't helping his cause.

Also WTF is going with the story, why didn't Future Lucy say anything about Acnologia being the only dragon? 1000 dragons my ass.

I'm wondering if we are having a time split akin to DBZ's Future Trunks and Lucy and Rouge are from different futures.

WHAT?!!!? Did you read some different version or something of this week's chapter? Like you would have to literally twist the plot to make Future Rouge look good who is pure classic evil villain.

He said that he would use the dragon control magic he has to rule the world.

Future Rogue specifically stated that he wanted to use them to defeat the only dragon existing in his world, Acnologia that was terrorizing things. Thats not a "good" intentions?

Wiseblade

I'm sure that's part of the problem, when Eren "died" to save Armin I was like "OH SHIT" and was legit impressed that a series would have the balls to kill off it's main character and got me excited for a series where every battle could be any characters last.

Really? I saw through it instantly and was just waiting for Eren to turn out to be not dead.

I think I'm going to stop reading Attack on Titan and just follow the anime. The plot is decent enough to keep me interested, but the jumping around in time a too jarring and the manga frankly fails to portray the sense of motion that the 3D gear should have.

There's a new Baby Steps chapter out. I don't care about it but I know some people do.

This is why we can't be friends.

Kimi no Iru SHITchi c226

Someone please shoot this Manga and put it out of our misery.

Shooting the manga won't be enough. You need to convince the author to stop and never work in the industry again. You know, Yakuza style.

But I bet the gang bosses actually love the manga and read it secretly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom