• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Does I am a hero avoid Zombie apocalypse tropes at all?

The author tries to avoid using tropes. He says he wants the manga to be his own creation and not just a mashup of references, tropes, etc...

I know it sounds silly, but I'd say it's a fairly realistic manga about zombies. It's not that fast-paced but it really plunges you in the confusion, the chaos... of the situation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KNIM

Seo's just playing this out for the anime a la what they told the two blokes in Bakuman to do

7 seeds 10

Plot, location and stupidity.

Finally the location is revealed, hopefully it´s the correct location. Summer B team is all sunshine and
misfits
. What bothers me is that the government picked these individuals instead of scientists, doctors, engineers, economists, so how the hell can these high schoolers, and one or 2 adults build a new civilization without obtaining the knowledge that i mentioned.

This manga has got me hooked though

7 seeds 10

Finally the location is revealed, hopefully it´s the correct location. Summer B team is all sunshine and
misfits
. What bothers me is that the government picked these individuals instead of scientists, doctors, engineers, economists, so how the hell can these high schoolers, and one or 2 adults build a new civilization without obtaining the knowledge that i mentioned.

There's a reason behind almost everything in 7 Seeds. Just keep reading.

7 seeds 10

misfits

I'd have to double check but I thinks you're getting close to the part where that gets explained

Akainu

Ok, Murata wants the next OPM chapter to be 100 pages long
qGgncRZ.png

I don't even know if this guy is human anymore.

So it's just going to be a slide show.

WHY ARE YOU FORCING ME TO READ :p

Naruto anime
filler

Naruto is fantasizing about Sasuke taking a shower. That´s as obvious as it gets.
I'm not forcing you to read anything, but you're just about to start with the story.

And apparently I am trying to save you from shitty anime.

You can thank me later.

upandaway

Okay now seriously, seriously now. You guys, seriously now.

The Baby Steps dude jokes about being lazy in every SINGLE blog update that has a new Baby Steps chapter. I'm serious, it happens every single time.

I just can't feel anything anymore. Emptiness.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The Baby Steps dude jokes about being lazy in every SINGLE blog update that has a new Baby Steps chapter. I'm serious, it happens every single time.

We need to petition Ignis's old group to drop KNIM like a bad habit and translate the last 89 chapters of Baby Steps

Kurita

Silver Spoon vol.2

Still as good as the first volume.
Yugo facing the dead hind was a good scene, I like to see him becoming more mature and daring.
Great stuff.

Akito

We need to petition Ignis's old group to drop KNIM like a bad habit and translate the last 89 chapters of Baby Steps
Ignis pls, be a bro and pick up Baby Steps will ya, we will all be grateful and in exchange Bleach will be banned from the internet and of everything forever.

Sincerly
ManGAF aka MangaGAF

Stinky

its like those webcomics that have a comic where the have a self-insert making a meta joke about how they are lazy and cant think of an idea for a comic.

That is the punchline.

Angry Grimace

The Naruto anime would be less shitty if there weren't 2 months of canon for every 4 months of filler.

I would rather they just run 12 episodes a year and have the animation not suck dead bear testicles.

I'm too lazy to find the frog cooking gif.

But yes, that would obviously be the best way. Sadly enough, it would also be much less profitable. I wonder how much the manga sales would fall off a cliff, if they canceled the anime, like they did with Bleach.

The filler series that started with the end of Naruto Part 1 was probably the worst anime I've ever seen (I haven't seen many).

Angry Grimace

I'm too lazy to find the frog cooking gif.

But yes, that would obviously be the best way. Sadly enough, it would also be much less profitable. I wonder how much the manga sales would fall off a cliff, if they canceled the anime, like they did with Bleach.

The filler series that started with the end of Naruto Part 1 was probably the worst anime I've ever seen (I haven't seen many).

There's a filler episode in there in which Naruto gives Ino a golden shower.

Angry Grimace

It's kind of embarrassing how much better Naruto's supporting material is comarted to the main story. Rock Lee's Springtime of youth must make Kishimoto feel silly.

You should read the books.

Not that the show is bad. The books just kind of rule, though.

survivor

Banned
Seems like the manga's ending is better than the anime's one so I guess it'll be worth reading.
I haven't seen the anime but from what I read about it, the manga's ending is much better. Only thing that sucked about reading the manga is not having the amazing soundtrack.

Makai no Ossan 16-70

h0BIbMj.png

This is just awesome. It's a really fun and lighthearted read and with one page per chapter, it doesn't even take long. Most of the stories are self-contained, funny and sometimes even have some pseudo social criticism. The art is pretty bad, but I'm not even sure if I'd want Murata to illustrate it, because I'd fear the manga would lose its charm. Everything about it is so simple, so short. Blowing it up with some godlike amazing art would be weird (mostly because Murata would need more than one page for a chapter).

And again, the father is best character.

Stinky

7 seeds v1-4 and a bit of 5

I like it.

So..

Spring = aristic prodigies?
Summer B = backup of "failures" (hope this is expanded upon because it doesnt make sense yet why a team like this would be made)
Autumn = Bilingual
Winter = Sport

Lain

Seems like the manga's ending is better than the anime's one so I guess it'll be worth reading.

I haven't seen the anime but from what I read about it, the manga's ending is much better. Only thing that sucked about reading the manga is not having the amazing soundtrack.

Well, that's something I didn't know. Maybe I'll pick the manga when it releases then.

Articalys

Half & Half (a.k.a. that Kouji Seo oneshot that's now a full series) ch.5

I have to admit, he's doing a far better job with this than I thought he would.

survivor

Banned
Oh shit, Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa is getting a sequel, fuck yeah.

The announcement is pretty funny:
Is Kurosawa making a comeback!? Isn't that impossible!? Well, didn't he die!?
(major ending spoilers of the original Kurosawa manga)

7 seeds v1-4 and a bit of 5

I like it.

So..

Spring = aristic prodigies?
Summer B = backup of "failures" (hope this is expanded upon because it doesnt make sense yet why a team like this would be made)
Autumn = Bilingual
Winter = Sport

They'll explain why they created Summer B later. Summer A's arc is probably one of my favourite in 7 Seeds.

Gintama 442

Lesson learned.

Never ask Gin's help with inking manga's.

Gintama 443

She's a keeper Seita.

And I worry for Gin's safety, if none of the woman around him can make a proper lunch.

lol at the Toriko reference though.

bigkrev

Oh thats not the worst of it man. Just catch up to near the Hiatus point. HXH is one of the most violent Shonen manga in Jump next to Bleach. Sometimes they are borderline Seinen manga in brutality

Go to the HxH anime thread- first couple pages have people bitching about censorship, last few pages are people shocked at what they showed this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom