• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're starting to become like that drunk guy at the bar that won't shut up about his favorite band/politician/cause and makes sure to steer every topic towards it. Go peel a label.

I have not even mentioned Bleach in days. People are attacking me out of no where. Not only that they are accusing me of doing shit i did not. At least Stinky for apologized for mistaking me for someone else.

Articalys

I guess the Kuroko cancellations were more about concerns for not being able to have enough security as a precaution to cover all the events happening that day, since they just scheduled a new event on a later day, or something. I don't even know anymore.
Studio You, the company that organizes the Kuroko's Basketball-themed "Shadow Trickster" dōjinshi events across Japan, announced on Tuesday that it is hosting a new Shadow Trickster event at the Twin Messe event hall in Shizuoka on April 21. The event is accepting applications from dōjinshi circles until March 25.

The announcement comes one day after Studio You cancelled the Shadow Trickster Osaka 2 event planned for April 7, and asked that any circles planning on selling or distributing Kuroko's Basketball-related dōjinshi or merchandise at eight other area dōjinshi events on the same day to show restraint.

The staff noted that they originally had planned to hold the event while also strengthening security and conducting baggage searches, but after taking into account the other events being held in the area on the same day and the nearby businesses, the staff decided to cancel the event.

Studio You has cancelled various other Shadow Trickster events since October, including two events in Fukuoka that were scheduled for March 10 and May 6.

Kusagari

Let it stay dead, after the last 2 arcs, Togashi lost his touch.

597px-Leorio_attacks_ging.jpg
Nope. Chimera ant arc is amazing when you read it in one sitting and the following arc gave us Pariston trolling.

Kusagari

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I did read the Chimera Ant arc in one sitting.

Don't know what to tell you. I thought the Chimera Arc was drawn out as hell reading it through the hiatuses, but I went back after the latest hiatus started and found it to be great when actually reading in one sitting.

lol @ anything other than york shin being the best

York Shin's overrated.

Let's simply all agree that Hunter x Hunter rules and all it's arcs are awesome, the fact that Yorkshin, Greed Island, and Chimera Ant all have supporters for best arc in the series should say a lot.

survivor

Banned
Greed Island has been an amazing arc (animated), hyped for C.A if its as good as the past posts in this thread have indicated.
That was good except for the whole YGO aspect which made it annoying to read.

lol @ anything other than york shin being the best
Good arc, but I didn't care much for the bidding/raising money thing.

Really the thing about HxH is that it's not exciting to read anymore. Gon already met his dad and this lame attempt at milking the series by adding the Dark Continent isn't enough to grab my attention. Just end the series and start a spinoff manga called Kurapika's Revenge and it all will be cool.

survivor

Banned
Battle City was great. I remember having bunch of VHS tapes of the major duels from that arc and they were always fun to watch.

Kurita

4-way battle : Marik vs Yugi vs Kaiba vs Jono-Uchi
God damn that was fucking awesome. Still one of my favourite shounens...

Wiseblade

4-way battle : Marik vs Yugi vs Kaiba vs Jono-Uchi
God damn that was fucking awesome. Still one of my favourite shounens...

I just hate YGO on principle. A children's card game, secretly invented by egyptian sorcerers that gets used to decide the fate of the world? No thanks.

Which is odd, considering I actually play the game...

The fuck is that? You mean Joey?

I'm so glad someone else did it.

survivor

Banned
Sorry, I'm too used to the manga now. Yes, Joey.
It reminds me of that abridged episode where this guy kept calling the main characters in their Japanese names.

I just hate YGO on principle. A children's card game, secretly invented by egyptian sorcerers that gets used to decide the fate of the world? No thanks.

Which is odd, considering I actually play the game...

That's why Duel Masters was better cause it never took itself seriously.

Kurita

Battle City was pretty good. I watched the Kids WB version though. Is the manga/JP anime version much better?

I do think the manga is better than the anime (especially the censored western version).
I really like Takahashi's art.

If you don't like the cards stuff, just read the first volumes where Yami Yugi was setting criminals on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom