• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

Magi

;_;

iIlns1k.png

survivor

Banned
Heck yea.

Who's the kid with the spiky hair?
Shobu!
Plays the game of every heir?
Shobu!
Creatures battling in the zone
Shobu!
Winner take the trophy home
Shobu!

It's a shame Wizard killed the card game after 12 sets, just when the metagame was about to get interesting

Wiseblade

Shobu!
Shobu!
Shobu!
Shobu!

It's a shame Wizard killed the card game after 12 sets, just when the metagame was about to get interesting

How would you know? Nobody played it.

survivor

Banned
How would you know? Nobody played it.

Hey man, I went to like 4 tournaments even though we could barely get more than 3 players to participate :(

The online community with the simulator was semi active so I was still able to get in a lot of matches with the newer sets even after Wizard pulled the plug.

Wiseblade

One part is better than the other and people don't want the good part being dragged down by the terrible part.

Hueco Mundo/FKT is what made me drop Bleach, so I'm having a hard time with you calling either arc "good".

Retcon:

Hey man, I went to like 4 tournaments even though we could barely get more than 3 players to participate :(

The online community with the simulator was semi active so I was still able to get in a lot of matches with the newer sets even after Wizard pulled the plug.

Wasn't Duel Masters just a toned down M:tG? I remember thinking that when I saw people play it for the first time.

survivor

Banned
I do think the manga is better than the anime (especially the censored western version).
I really like Takahashi's art.

If you don't like the cards stuff, just read the first volumes where Yami Yugi was setting criminals on fire.

Does the arc where they are all in Egypt have any card duels? I know that Little Yugi has a big duel with Yami Yugi near the end, but isn't most of the arc just a bastardized version of Pokemon?

Stinky

guys stop

Hueco Mundo/FKT is what made me drop Bleach, so I'm having a hard time with you calling either arc "good".

Where did you drop it? If you've read a bit of Fake Karakura Town then you've finished Hueco Mundo, but man the start of that is slow and boring.

Reknoc

Shobu!
Shobu!
Shobu!
Shobu!

Still seems to be going in Japan at least, also I guess there's some western reboot of the game called Kaijudo? Dunno. Never played an actual TCG outside of the DS YGO GX game and Magic 2012.

survivor

Banned
Wasn't Duel Masters just a toned down M:tG? I remember thinking that when I saw people play it for the first time.
I never played Magic competitively, but from what I remember it shared similar mechanics and was a bit simpler, but as they kept adding newer sets, they introduced lots of new mechanics and layers of complexity, especially with evolutions, and dual civilization cards. But most of these mechanics were still probably borrowed from Magic.

Still seems to be going in Japan at least, also I guess there's some western reboot of the game called Kaijudo? Dunno. Never played an actual TCG outside of the DS YGO GX game and Magic 2012.
The reboot looks like an abomination, I have no idea what they were thinking. I don't even hear about it that much, I wonder if it tanked.

Wiseblade

guys stop

Where did you drop it? If you've read a bit of Fake Karakura Town then you've finished Hueco Mundo, but man the start of that is slow and boring.

The last chapter of Bleach I remember reading ended with the bald headed group 11 guy with the bankai being defeated offscreen. I remember reading that and thinking "You make me sit through these nobodies while the only character I come even close to liking doesn't even get a chapter? I'm done."

4-way battle : Marik vs Yugi vs Kaiba vs Jono-Uchi
God damn that was fucking awesome. Still one of my favourite shounens...

Not even the best duel in that arc, that was the semi-final match between Yugi and Kaiba, I was on edge the entire time. Battle City was truly spectacular all the way around

why so many atla gifs...

Battle City was great. I remember having bunch of VHS tapes of the major duels from that arc and they were always fun to watch.

Slifer the Sky Dragon duel was my favorite and most memorable one, that whole strategy. All the stuff with the battles in the air on the airship were additionally good too. JUst about the whole arc (none of that virtual world nonsense).

You like Bleach and make stupid drive by comments on One Piece to justify your liking of Bleach to yourself. You are a Bleach-tard.

There are many, many manga I like more than Bleach. Just because I read it, it doesn't make me a Bleach-tard. I really don't see why I'd have to justify liking Bleach or any other manga. One Piece literally puts me to sleep.

Also, Grimmy wanted to throw a party, once I hit the 100 (or was it 1000?) "OP fans are the worst". You're invited.

789shadow

Banned
There are many, many manga I like more than Bleach. Just because I read it, it doesn't make me a Bleach-tard. I really don't see why I'd have to justify liking Bleach or any other manga. One Piece literally puts me to sleep.
Liking Bleach while sleeping through One Piece is literally impossible. Bleach-tard.

Mr. Fix

YGO was great, the things that bugged me was believe in your cards, and Yugi having cards he never showed before out of no where. I did like the anime a lot.

I feel like it could have been really amazing if it weren't about cards and luck of the draw. The mood set up by Battle City is one of the best.

Liking Bleach while sleeping through One Piece is literally impossible. Bleach-tard.

You'd have to take some really good medication that prevents you from sleeping through Skypiea, Fishman Island and Punk Hazard. At least you can finish a Bleach chapter in less than 30 seconds.

survivor

Banned
why so many atla gifs...

Slifer the Sky Dragon duel was my favorite and most memorable one, that whole strategy. All the stuff with the battles in the air on the airship were additionally good too. JUst about the whole arc (none of that virtual world nonsense).
The duel where Yugi acquired Slifer? That was a really good strategy.

Kurita

I feel like it could have been really amazing if it weren't about cards and luck of the draw. The mood set up by Battle City is one of the best.

True.
I've always wanted their duel disk as a kid... I've been rereading Yu-Gi-Oh lately, can't wait to reach this arc again.

Stinky

The last chapter of Bleach I remember reading ended with the bald headed group 11 guy with the bankai being defeated offscreen. I remember reading that and thinking "You make me sit through these nobodies while the only character I come even close to liking doesn't even get a chapter? I'm done."

I don't even remember this, but I guess that's very fitting.

I'm not entirely sure why he got a bankai in the first place. To dispatch some random pre-Hueco Mundo espada?

Mr. Fix

I had one (through my cousins, don't look at me funny) and they suck. Just not very practical to play using them.

Don't they destroy the cards? I always kept that shit in their sleeves. A real duel-disc with digital holograms was a fantasy of mine back then. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom