• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Don't they destroy the cards? I always kept that shit in their sleeves. A real duel-disc with digital holograms was a fantasy of mine back then. Good times.

Probably

I never actually had YGO cards (Only Duel Masters and Pokemon) so I never had to take care of them (always used my cousins cards) and they were mostly in bad shape since they never gave a damn about using sleeves. The worst part about the duel disks really is how the way they snap can cut your finger.

Let's Talk Until We Get Tired 1
tumblr_mjkdisqK911qbxqfpo1_500.png

Slowly builds up to a nice finish. Iida is a fun personality to have in the school and for Takeuchi and everyone to take an interest in, perhaps its his young energetic personality or his extremely bright persona as well as his love of always eating but he usually made me chuckle whenever he had some screentime. How odd to suddenly change midway through when both had trouble with their feelings. Do wonder what more will come from them in the future.

Better than entire chapters of nearly blank panels, ink splotch attacks, and pacing so bad the anime has to make episodes out of half of a volume.

You shouldn't talk about art style, when OP is clearly the ugliest of the three. The blank panels and ink splotches are just Kubo's art style and he wants the reader to focus on the characters, because Bleach is absolutely character driven. The pacing gives the reader the time to let the story and metaphors sink.

789shadow

Banned
You shouldn't talk about art style, when OP is clearly the ugliest of the three. The blank panels and ink splotches are just Kubo's art style and he wants the reader to focus on the characters, because Bleach is absolute character driven. The pacing gives the reader the time to let the story and metaphors sink.
Having trouble deciding if real or self-parody.

survivor

Banned
Summer Wars vol 2
kesFLBs.png

Another fantastic entrance by King Kazma. Even though I still know everything that will happen in the story (minus some minor details), I still get excited reading the fight scenes. I also loved the changed form of Love Machine. I'm just thinking how much better that scene would have looked in the anime.

You can clearly see the emphasis on the family themes in this movie and coming after Wolf Children, they just pale in comparison and feel forced and melodramatic, especially Wabisuke's character. I don't really mind it that much, but it lacks the heart of Hana's struggles as a parent.

One particular thing I loved from this volume is this sequence of pages (1, 2, 3, 4) right after the grandma died. Very effective at tugging at your emotions and showing the family's sadness.

There are many, many manga I like more than Bleach. Just because I read it, it doesn't make me a Bleach-tard. I really don't see why I'd have to justify liking Bleach or any other manga. One Piece literally puts me to sleep.

Also, Grimmy wanted to throw a party, once I hit the 100 (or was it 1000?) "OP fans are the worst". You're invited.

Hehe, i followed the link in your tag, so damn funny.

Girls of the Wild's 79

Dal Dal is so funny.

With wednesday basically canceled wednesday gaf is falling apart. I'm so glad I"m close to be caught up on Toriko so I'll have something new to look forward to.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
With wednesday basically canceled wednesday gaf is falling apart. I'm so glad I"m close to be caught up on Toriko so I'll have something new to look forward to.

Indeed.
I don't even read Bleach or Naruto, no reason to now. Maybe when they finish in 2-3 years.
Especially when there's Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma as hot newcomers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Tomorrow is MangaGAF thursday

Kurita

survivor! Check the drama Mother. It's depressing as fuck, you'll like it.
And it got a ton of awards :
2010 Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Drama
2010 Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Actress - Matsuyuki Yasuko
2010 Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Supporting Actress - Ono Machiko
2010 Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Screenplay - Sakamoto Yuji
2010 Tokyo Drama Awards: Special Award - Ashida Mana
65th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Drama
65th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Actress - Matsuyuki Yasuko
65th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actress - Tanaka Yuko
65th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Newcomer - Ashida Mana
65th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Screenwriter - Sakamoto Yuji
65th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Director - Mizuta Nobuo
14th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix (Spring 2010): Best Actress - Matsuyuki Yasuko
14th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix (Spring 2010): Best Supporting Actress - Ashida Mana

bigkrev

Probably

I never actually had YGO cards (Only Duel Masters and Pokemon) so I never had to take care of them (always used my cousins cards) and they were mostly in bad shape since they never gave a damn about using sleeves. The worst part about the duel disks really is how the way they snap can cut your finger.

I'm pretty sure sleeved cards didn't fit. Otherwise, i totally would have bought one of them as a novelty to play Magic with. Not to mention the fact that you need a 60 card deck for Magic vs 40 for YGO, so i don't even think it would hold a deck.

Still say that everything pre cards in the manga is better than everything with cards! I miss yami being a fucking dick.

survivor

Banned
survivor! Check the drama Mother. It's depressing as fuck, you'll like it.
Hmm
Matsuyuki plays the part of Nao Suzuhara, an elementary school teacher. When she realizes that one of the female students is receiving abuse from her mother, Nao's maternal instincts kick in, and she impulsively decides to bring the girl into her own care. Serving as a substitute mother, Nao takes the child on a trip from Hokkaido to Tokyo, and the two experience various events together along the way.
I have a feeling this is like another Don Quixote and I cried so much watching that drama.

Although Don Quixote had more uplifting moments rather than depressing ones.

Stinky

I read about half of Jump so I'm set

Big 3
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
Food Smut
Nisekoi
Assassination Classroom

Used to read Hungry Joker and World Trigger but dropped them (sorry DTL) because they werent that interesting and I don't think they'll last long either - I used to read Sensei no Bulge, Takagahamara, Koisome Momiji.. bascially all Jump's stinkers

Big 3
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
Food Smut
Nisekoi
Assassination Classroom

Used to read Hungry Joker and World Trigger but dropped them (sorry DTL) because they werent that interesting and I don't think they'll last long either - I used to read Sensei no Bulge, Takagahamara, Koisome Momiji.. bascially all Jump's stinkers

Sounds like you need to add Haikyuu!!

Toriko Meteor Garlic Arc

Glad to see Match back, sadly he didn't do much, though my prediction of the Coco arc was spot on even if he didn't do anything special. Again this arc was more about how awesome Komatsu is slowly becoming which I'm fine with. While normally I enjoy the "YGO logic battle" arcs this one kind of fell flat for me. The concentration eating game fell flat and the logic used to be the villain didn't mean much because it was all just new ingredients to me that conveniently happened to be the ultimate concoction. Considering this was the first arc in awhile to have an actual human antagonist to not get a final battle was also disappointing. Overall this was the most disappointing arc

until

The old man walked into the bad guys lair, met with the main villain, and basically had an epic stare down. Holy shit even more hype! Also introducing another group that seems to have an independent goal of the other two groups, Toriko really is building so well.

survivor

Banned

Big 3
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
Food Smut
Nisekoi
Assassination Classroom

Barrage was so bland and boring, reading all of its 2 volumes was such a chore.

The very first episode of Mother made me cry. Enjoy.
Yeah, I will get on it this weekend. I'm looking at the pictures and I really like the lead actor.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I always find it funny when people call Kubo out for being lazy due to his artsyle. He does exactly the same amount of work as other Mangaka, i.e. the characters. He could easily get his assistants to draw in the backgrounds like Oda and Kishi do, but he obviously goes for a minimalistic style.

Nothing to do with him being lazy.

Reknoc

Hm maybe I am too old for the big 3, since the people here who read it certainly seem to be the lower end of the target audience.

Now then, to catch up on food smut.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
No manga for you until you finished Berserk.
I'm working on it breh.
I always find it funny when people call Kubo out for being lazy due to his artsyle. He does exactly the same amount of work as other Mangaka, i.e. the characters. He could easily get his assistants to draw in the backgrounds like Oda and Kishi do, but he obviously goes for a minimalistic style.

I agree. Proceed to take up your shield.

Wiseblade

It's a bad style. It makes everything feel like it's happening in limbo and the manga loses a sense of progression as a result.

YAWN

It's a bad style. It makes everything feel like it's happening in limbo and the manga loses a sense of progression as a result.

Fair enough. Every art style isn't for everyone.
I particularly like it, as you automatically know what the panel's focus is. I won't judge a series based on a art style though. If I did, I would've missed out on Toriko, 7 Seeds, Jojo parts 1 - 4, etc.

Kusagari

That doesn't explain why half the attacks in Bleach are just him spilling ink on the page.

YAWN

That doesn't explain why half the attacks in Bleach are just him spilling ink on the page.

1 or 2 pages of Ichigo using Getsuga Tenshou =/= half the attacks.
Just a massively overblown complaint by haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom