• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Apocalypse no toride 1

Huh.

While I'm generally sick of zombie stuff, it looks like the concept of a bunch a generally crazy inmates trapped together with zombies seems pretty interesting.

Since when is Berserk a must-read?

PIbUwzp.jpg

It's only if you like good things and don't hate yourself.

Must-read manga that every fan has the RESPONSABILITY to read:

Manga that's good but you can easily ignore if it doesn't interest you:

Learn the difference, it could save your life.

Ehh Witches has really great art, but the writing isn't at the same level. Too reliant on trite New Age philosophizing.

Antiwhippy

The ship salvaging manga. When his friend apologises to him. On the wreck under the bridge just now. Its hooked me.

Hell yeah.

That's pretty much the arc to read to see if you'll love this manga or not.

It gets a lot more intense from there though.

Apocalypse no toride 8

cU57qg9.png

Wut.

So far, it's a bit too cliched and actiony for my liking, but it's an okay read.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56889526]That reminds me of the guy in the FGC thread that said DBZ sucked and he'd rather read One Piece or Naruto.

Dude.[/QUOTE]

uhh...

Antiwhippy

Apocalypse no toride 10

Well, to the manga's credit at least their version of the zombie apocalypse is really fucking weird.

More like too many shitty "Guts with Friends" moments. That damn Loli Witch ruined everything.

Schierke is great, in part because all the people who bitch about moe ruining anime/manga have to deal with her presence in one of the most hyper-violent grim dark series around.

He gave Kono S o Mi Yo the same score as I Am a Hero and a better score than Boys on the Run, can't be trusted.

Schierke is great, in part because all the people who bitch about moe ruining anime/manga have to deal with her presence in one of the most hyper-violent grim dark series around.

That's exactly the problem. Ever since she showed up, there's nothing "hyper-violent grim dark" about it anymore. It's all about "Oh no, it looks like he's losing control! Here, I'm going to help him with the power of Loli! Together we can make it, yaaay!".

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You guys (minus Brotkasten) are just as bad as WednesdaySuperiorGaf, you just hide behind your bravado of "guud manga".

I ain't hearing that shit.

That's exactly the problem. Ever since she showed up, there's nothing "hyper-violent grim dark" about it anymore. It's all about "Oh no, it looks like he's losing control! Here, I'm going to help him with the power of Loli! Together we can make it, yaaay!".

More like too many shitty "Guts with Friends" moments. That damn Loli Witch ruined everything.

That's how I see it. You might stop after the eclipse, but everything before that is really, really good, imo.

This man gets it, Berserk before the 2nd Eclipse is just fantastic/incredible must read manga. Since the Gut's party started it's still been really good but it feels less like Berserk and more like Shonen JRPG the manga. Chapters that focus on Griffith and what he's doing or just let Guts kill stuff whenever they do show up are the reasons you keep reading.

Antiwhippy

Apocalypse no toride 13

Overall decent, kinda interested to see what's up with the alpha zombie. The main group is way too good at surviving to actually create any tension though.

At least she's useful compared to his other companions. I've never been that much of a fan of the gritty violent seinen and think they generally get overpraised because people mistake cynicism and pessimism for some sort of truthful comment on human nature, although Berserk does do that style very well. What I like about early Berserk is the same as what I like about the later chapters--the way it uses fairy tales and folklore, whether it's the elves who carry away the children or the witch's cottage in the middle of the forest.

Antiwhippy

Dien Bien Phu 1

HO1iHD2.png

Huh.

The art in this manga is deceptive as hell.

But a story about a somewhat fictionalised vietnam war? Why not.

Antiwhippy

Dien Bien Phu 2

Let me amend my previous statement: This manga seems to be a tale about the vietnam war if there was a magical girl working for the vietcong.

Interesting though. Will keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom