• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
JOKE:ЯR'S 1
tumblr_mmchofAx6L1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

I hope this series last long as its so good just for its first chapter. Chiwa is a great kid and looks so cool with his personality, the other characters (why are the leads so pretty and great), have good abilities and Nanairo is a good rival of sorts for Chiwa, and then the antagonist is pretty too. I think the action has potential to be good and the skills or rather transformative abilities is exciting.

Regarding Death

A manwhua about people experience with death or close to it. They meet God and tell their story to Him in return He offers a bit of wisdom.

The art is rough but the stories always manage to deliver a feel or a lesson, I recommend that anyone read this.

Each original chapter is accompanied with a BGM that adds to the ambience, so it’s recommended to click the original webtoon link while reading the adapted version.

The BGM is really good, I have to find the OST.

Kambing

Seems like the two seasons of anime = chapter 1 through chapter 420.
There are more than 1000 chapters and it is still going strong.

Thanks. I would hate to start reading and find myself having to wait like 10 years before the story concludes... never again a song of ice and fire!

Adventure of Sinbad is out.

Adventure of Sinbad 1-2

lol Sinbad was already was boss when he was born.

I didnt expect that the story would begin when Sinbad is a 3 year old.

Its nice to see his backstory being built up.

wonzo

Banned
Adventures of Sinbad 1-2

magisinbad2.png

I wonder why they didn't just start off where the oneshot left off but this isn't half bad so far.

smutterfly effect 9

the constant foreshadowing with yoshino and the traintracks is really unnerving.

Adventure of Sinbad

Well I wasn't expecting this to start so... early in Sinbad's life. I guess the prototype chapter may still work it's way into the story but it seems like were at least 5-10 chapters away from that point.

vareon

Yamada and The 7 Witches

The fact that Miyamura hide secrets about his past reminded me of Yankee-kun...not in a good way. Hopefully the series continued without anything feel more contrived.

survivor

Banned
Emma vol 1-2
emma-v1fmy51.jpg
emma-v2d5y6a.jpg

Not a big fan of the covers, the character art is just unappealing. However it does seem to improve looking at the covers for the last few volumes.

I completely forgot that I started reading this a year ago, but I never did get around to finish it. Doesn't hurt to start again from the beginning cause I remember nothing outside of maids doing maids stuff and romance between two people in different social class levels. This is doing a good job in helping me with my Kaoru Mori's withdrawals (seriously, last Bride's Story chapter was out 71 days ago, god damn it). The historical romance is still good as ever, and the laid back relaxing atmosphere while still maintaining some drama and conflicts is a pleasure to read. Not to mention the fantastic art which is not as detailed as Bride's Story, but it's still impressive.

So Emma has left to the countryside and William is all alone. This will offer up new settings to explore and take the story to a different direction, but I really did want to see more romance development between Emma and William, and infighting in the Jones family as William rebels against his dad. Though now he is stuck with Eleanor and that plotline should go somewhere interesting.

So does anyone read Soul Eater in here? After spending the day catching up on the dub for Toonami I realized the series is still on going. Is it just not popular or is it the curse of monthly series in a thread like this to get over looked in favor of weekly series?

Deadman Wonderland 55

Yes, Shiro's sob story is sad and heartbreaking.

Ganta still needs to kill her though.

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei 17

Explanation about a lot of stuff I really don't care for.

Deadman Wonderland 55

So Shiro is more of a tragic figure then I thought, very painful life she's lived. I'm not even sure what the best "end" to this manga is outside of maybe Ganta and Shiro dying in each others arms.

So does anyone read Soul Eater in here? After spending the day catching up on the dub for Toonami I realized the series is still on going. Is it just not popular or is it the curse of monthly series in a thread like this to get over looked in favor of weekly series?

I think its popular but only on the day the chapter comes out...I still think the series is ending soon.

Stulaw

It's a monthly series, plus,(spoilers in case you haven't watched it all)
the anime's ending seems forced like they were told that there wouldn't be another season with all the bad guys being killed in quick succession and Maka/Soul getting a random power up.

survivor

Banned
Deadman Wonderland 55

All emotional impact of this series is lost on me cause I neither remember any of their flashbacks or backstory nor do I want to read the older chapters to find out. Oh well, they are just gonna have one big fight to settle things and that will be the end of the series. Maybe Ganta will finally have a good battle scene? lol, it will probably suck like all of his battles.

It's a monthly series, plus,(spoilers in case you haven't watched it all)
the anime's ending seems forced like they were told that there wouldn't be another season with all the bad guys being killed in quick succession and Maka/Soul getting a random power up.

I know the series got anime ending which is disappointing, outside of Trigun how many "anime ending" endings have actually been good?

Jintor

I was catching up but I can't really stand the translations and the severe art dissonance compared to the series is really painful.

Might look at some official releases and see if I want to collect it in-print. Would be my first dedicated shonen...

I just looked at my shelf and the series I have most of is Yotsuba and Genshiken, lol

FMA had a pretty good ending, but they deviated early enough from the source material to build it up.

Oh yeah I have to get around to watch FMA and FMA:B, I own both on DVD yet there they sit next to a few other series I've never seen but own like Gun X Sword and Samurai Champloo <.<

pants

Question about the latest OP manga arc :

During Punk Hazard it was revealed that Luffy and Law will take down an emperor; has it been revealed who it will be yet? There still seems to be questions about the translations and who it will be

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, probably super obvious but rereading the early parts of shingeki no kyojin now and it really is just a boilerplate zombie apocalypse story with scaled up zombies.

It's only after the eren incident that it became a little different.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Question about the latest OP manga arc :

During Punk Hazard it was revealed that Luffy and Law will take down an emperor; has it been revealed who it will be yet? There still seems to be questions about the translations and who it will be

You don't need the spoiler tag, as long as you bold the manga's title then it's all good.

And yes, they're planning to take down Kaido.

one piece spoilers
Credit: nja
Trans: redon/CCC

- Don Chinjao bounty was 500 millions.
- Canvendish has a sword called Durandal.
- Tank Lepanto, Abdullah and Jeet are knocked down (I think Bellamy defeated Abdullah and Jeet).
- Something about Bartolomeo Vs Hack.

Going to bed now. Glad I noticed this first though

-While still talking, Chinjao attacks Luffy with a headbutt
-Back in the good old days, Chinjao's bounty was over 500 million
-Cavendish whips out one of the most prominent meitou ("famous blades," like the ones Tashigi is after), "Durandal," and stops Chinjao
-In the end, Chinjao is held back by his nakama (presumably Boo and Sai)
-After a comedy routine, Luffy sees his chance to get away and does so
-But a rumor is spreading that Luffy is around

B block fights
-Tank Lepanto goes down
-Elizabello and Dagama (laughs)
-Blue Gilly vs. Ricky
-Abdullah and Jeet are beaten by Bellamy

-Barto is taking a piss in the ring
-Hack attacks him from behind
-His attack is stopped by an invisible barrier and it greatly damages his hand. Audience is shocked
-Barto laughs to himself

wonzo

Banned
3. Regarding spoilers in this thread.
We will discuss all the manga in one topic with no tags. If you don't want to be spoiled by the chapter as soon as the translation is out, do not come in here. Also, since we are not talking about the anime, you can mention new episodes without tags either since they are always behind or are filler. You should know well enough not to come in here not wanting to be spoiled but bolding the header should help out even more.

Again, no spoiler tags for text needed, that is the benefit of coming here.

Caveats:
Leaks do not count as translation or scans. Spoiler tag those.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56897932]Fourteen isn't poorly written. It's very deliberately satirical absurdism.[/QUOTE]

Nothing is deliberate in Fourteen. I'm pretty confident in saying Umezu had completely lost it by that point. The guy was already barely holding onto his sanity in 72 when he did Drifting Classroom.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Can someone who has both read and watched Hajime no Ippo answer a question for me?

1. How close is the manga to being finished?
2. How far along does the two anime go in relation to the anime?

Kind of debating whether or not to start the series...

EDIT: Forgot to add i would be very appreciative of answers

It's over 1000 chapters with no end in sight.

caught up since I missed most of this weekend but saw that brotkasten still rolling with that irrational hatred for Loli witch LOL

Plus everyone should read Fourteen, no ifs, ands or buts.

pants

You don't need the spoiler tag, as long as you bold the manga's title then it's all good.

And yes, they're planning to take down Kaido.

Which chapter was this mentioned? All I remember is 'as long as it's not Shanks first' and that they are taking on mom

Mario
I thought the art comparison was interesting. The first sketch was from 1998. I must say I preferred his old style. It seemed to take some inspiration from Katsuhiro Otomo (Akira) while the new one looks a little...derpy?

e3kjR4B.jpg

Pimpwerx

So...is there gonna be a proper translation to Claymore, or is that butchered Babelfish translation the best we can hope for? It's been over a week. I feel like MS is slacking here.

Also, when is MS gonna pick up OPM, and is there anymore to this week's release than those measly 9 pages?

Also, is that Mario manga Kishi's next project? Does that mean Naruto is really in end game mode? I really would like some closure to that series. PEACE.

Also, when is MS gonna pick up OPM, and is there anymore to this week's release than those measly 9 pages?
It was only 9 pages because he's in the process of drawing the next chapter...which will be 100 pages

Also, is that Mario manga Kishi's next project? Does that mean Naruto is really in end game mode? I really would like some closure to that series. PEACE.

Nah, it was just a one shot he drew a sketch for years go and finally drew up a chapter for (well a 50 page chapter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom