• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

remz

Naruto

I don't know, I can still see Obito doing a turn next chapter after the whole I'M HEARTLESS thing. He could always break down into tears them he and kakashi can get over their issues alone in the space and then come back and team up to beat madara, but they won't have to because after finally meeting his old friend hashirama he won't be angry anymore :D

I know posting scans is illegal, but is it maybe possible to do a panel-by-panel comparison? Just one panel of the raw vs the "cleaned up" from the panda release.

I know posting scans is illegal, but is it maybe possible to do a panel-by-panel comparison? Just one panel of the raw vs the "cleaned up" from the panda release.

You can post like 1-2 panels at long as there are no water marks on them. The issue is posting full page after page

Erigu

Naruto

I don't know, I can still see Obito doing a turn next chapter after the whole I'M HEARTLESS thing. He could always break down into tears them he and kakashi can get over their issues alone in the space and then come back and team up to beat madara
I really, really can't imagine Kishimoto failing to do the whole "let's use both our sharingan and unlock their true potential! for love!" cliché.
Plus, I guess that Kamui thing of theirs would be a way to get rid of unkillable Madara...

(Say, why were those Mist guys trying to recover Rin's corpse, in the end?)

Blurry scans are the consequences not the cause imho, while i loved for years the details that oda puts on his drawings i'm really growing tired of it

I can never grow tired of detail , i wish every manga put as much as possible detail into there work .
It's one of the best things about manga .

panda , looks worst during action or certain detail parts .
badop2_zpsb0e8c3ee.jpg

Chinese scans that i found fast could most likely find a better one if i was willing to download a raw.
goodop_zps96f553e2.jpg

Naruto

Holy fucking shit. I did not expect that nor will I pretend that shit didn't get me hyped as fuck.

Bleach

Smut in Bleach?

I'll take two!

And had to add this in:

0hICvdP.png

Kurita

I can never grow tired of detail , i wish every manga put as much as possible detail into there work .
It's one of the best things about manga .

IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd475/gundamkyoukai/badop_zpseee656f3.jpg[/IMG]

You should post the image without the watermark.

survivor

Banned
Again!! 36

Argh, so now everyone is forgetting about Imamura in the Again world? I mean normally I'm fine with time travel shit in the story, but I really prefer the slice of life school aspects much more in this manga. Suspending the club didn't really make sense to me. How did they come up to the conclusion that the club is bullying Imamura in the first place?

again!! - 36

Usami confirming her worst status yet again.

I guess we're only like four volumes behind now.

we need to have a talk

Erigu

Again!! 36

Argh, so now everyone is forgetting about Imamura in the Again world?
Yeeeeah, you're probably better off not thinking too hard about that one, unfortunately...

(Just read episode 92, and I almost gave a damn. Almost. It's been a long time since that happened.)

Setsuna

Bleach B

Solid chapter but not looking forward to Kubo retconning Misaki's death into something unnecessarily elaborate.

misuse of the term retcon

a retcon would be kubo writing that masaki died at one moment and then having her alive in another moment with no explanation at all as if she never died in the first place

or having masaki die at one place and then having all the characters refer to her dieing in a totally different place and in a tottaly different way with no explanation at all

Jintor

Retcon can be used to refer to explaining events that happened in a way that changes perception of them as well. It's less common and possibly less correct usage, but it counts

misuse of the term retcon

a retcon would be kubo writing that masaki died at one moment and then having her alive in another moment with no explanation at all as if she never died in the first place

or having masaki die at one place and then having all the characters refer to her dieing in a totally different place and in a tottaly different way with no explanation at all

You would be wrong you can retcon stuff without changing established facts or contradicting them .
Which is sometimes done to support current plot points , like filling in details , expanding stuff , changing perception etc etc .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto 629

So....

Obito, how are you alive without a heart?

Same way he's alive with crush syndrome. He's half-built out of Zetsu. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Obito is straight up dead and Zetsu just took control of him at some point. Although here, its just an illusion - he used the Sharingan on Kakashi to show him the thing with Rin dying.

"Hate" is a strong word, more like complete inability to write them. It's not like Kishimoto needs to really make them the greatest characters ever, all he needs to do is make them look strong in some form or fashion. At least the females could beat up badguys or something on a consistent basis but all they do in Naruto is whine, cry, look weak, and have to be constantly saved by the male characters.

At least he can draw them proportionally I guess, which is often not true for Kubo and Oda. I'm not sure its so much that he hates them or has some inherent need to make them useless but thaqt its a combination between real life (women were first allowed on combat first lines in real life, what, 4 months ago?) and the fact that writers/readers of manga are male.

Naruto 629

Well thankfully we won't have to go back into flashback mode about Rin. Kakashi failing at his Talk no Jutsu attempt on Obito was entertaining and the scenes with Naruto and everyone protecting each other was the best part of the chapter.

Bleach 536

Good chapter. Disappointed there wasn't a scene of the proposal but at least Misaki and Isshin still provided some laughs.

Korosenai

One Piece
I give it an A. I really enjoyed it this week. Hopefully next week we see some more Bellamy and Bartolomeo.

Bleach
Also gets an A. Great chapter, and excited for the next flashback. I felt really bad for Ryuken, poor guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nerutu Sand Ninjas

What's actually kind of disappointing to me about Naruto is that the author set up Orochimaru+Kages+Sasuke (I know!) to head to the battlefield but then cut to Kakashi and Obito having a fight.

The other thing that's dumb is that rescuing Rin was a way better solution than killing Rin given that the Tailed Beasts are fucking weapons. It was more in Konoha's interest to rescue her rather than killing her (although to be fair, Rin herself probably didn't know anything about that).

Nerutu Sand Ninjas

What's actually kind of disappointing to me about Naruto is that the author set up Orochimaru+Kages+Sasuke (I know!) to head to the battlefield but then cut to Kakashi and Obito having a fight.

The other thing that's dumb is that rescuing Rin was a way better solution than killing Rin given that the Tailed Beasts are fucking weapons. It was more in Konoha's interest to rescue her rather than killing her (although to be fair, Rin herself probably didn't know anything about that).

Wait, did Kakashi kill her or did she step into his chidori, basically sacrificing herself?

survivor

Banned
Gunjou Schooldays vol 1
gunjou-v1fouze.jpg

I didn't know Aki's other manga got translated, it's making the wait for the new Ran chapter much easier. This is pretty much a collection of short stories ranging from supernatural ones to love stories and a silly story about school kids trying to figure out if their teacher is wearing a bra or not. And the best part it still got the god damn amazing beautiful Aki's art.

Angry Grimace

Wait, did Kakashi kill her or did she step into his chidori, basically sacrificing herself?

I'm not sure, but I'm also not sure it matters. My recollection is that Kakashi intentionally hit her Reading the good translation, I guess she intentionally stepped in the way? In either case, Kakashi's still alive, so it isn't like it was an impossible battle.

Naruto

No TNJ for you.

Bleach

Nice touch Kubo
Also the fact that in chapter 25 Isshin said that Misaki died 10 years ago, and Ichigo corrected him can mean that Isshin knew the real story and Ichigo did not. Ichigo said 6 years. It has been a year and a half since then. So the time might be mixed up. I really liked how Misaki knew that Isshin was lying and she always forgave him. Oh yeah boobs in Bleach, Kubo was not afraid of his editors this time.

one piece

Get on with it. The last page was alright.

Angry Grimace

Naruto F/10

Another stunningly awful chapter, as usual. Ends with a comical showing of "I LITERALLY HAVE NO HEART" proving how off Naruto has strayed over the past few years.

I will say I appreciate they finally take the time to explain wtf the deal with Rin being killed was, but at this point it's like, "Why does it matter?" The flashback in question was so irrelevant to this entire arc that I've forgotten it even happened. You can pat Kishi on the back all you want with actually making an effort in wrapping up aspects of continuity, but if a solid foundation to tie those efforts together isn't there, it's pretty much meaningless.

This is a really weird argument. You could break down every character's motivation into "why does it matter?" I'm not sure you're either communicating or even understand why you didn't like the chapter.

Also, he doesn't literally have no heart; if you look at the pages, Obito fairly obviously hits Kakashi with his sharingan to show him the same scenario in which he hit Rin with the Raikiri.

Mael

It's not like the Japanese cover of the first volume screams "BUY ME!" either.

A3IyJ60.jpg
From Pika the one that bought the rights for the French market :
image_2023.jpg

That's the very 1rst time I see this.
I think someone botched the marketing plan on this one.

I mean for the last 5 years I used to spent most of my income buying mangas and shit, if there's something interesting that's about to get released that a publisher is pushing I know about it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I thought this chapter shows that she begged him to kill her and he struck her as the only solution.

She begged him to yeah but he wouldn't do it. In the end she jumped in the way and he ran her through without actually trying to.

Also, he doesn't literally have no heart; if you look at the pages, Obito fairly obviously hits Kakashi with his sharingan to show him the same scenario in which he hit Rin with the Raikiri.

Well showing the flashback was probably genjutsu but I think the impalement was real. Zetsu body and all that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
image_2023.jpg

Man, what's the point in changing the logo?

Her cover arts have always been pretty peculiar.

Angry Grimace

She begged him to yeah but he wouldn't do it. In the end she jumped in the way and he ran her through without actually trying to.

Well showing the flashback was probably genjutsu but I think the impalement was real. Zetsu body and all that.

I don't think so. Right before it occurs they show his sharingan with the genjutsu sound effect. Not that it's a big deal anyways even if its true; the guy's body is made out of Zetsu.

Kurita

image_2023.jpg

Pika makes weird decisions sometimes, they don't really market their mangas well.
I hope they won't screw up Space Brothers and Shingeki No Kyojin releases.

Erigu

he doesn't literally have no heart; if you look at the pages, Obito fairly obviously hits Kakashi with his sharingan to show him the same scenario in which he hit Rin with the Raikiri.
I think the idea was that he used the sharingan to paralyze Kakashi (so he'd pierce his chest). You can see the visual and sound effects usually associated with paralysis.

And really, considering the guy stopped eating and pooping almost 20 years ago, I wouldn't assume he still has (or needs) a heart at this point.
Also also, he might be more mach... more Zetsu than man, at this point. Could be Kishimoto being Kishimoto, but we saw him lose a weird, liquid left arm during his fight against Minato, despite the fact his left half still seemed to be human shortly before that.

Mael

Man, what's the point in changing the logo?

Her cover arts have always been pretty peculiar.
That's actually not unusual, it's certainly cleaner this way isn't that far off from the original (which isn't a success either btw).

Pika makes weird decisions sometimes, they don't really market their mangas well.
I hope they won't screw up Space Brothers and Shingeki No Kyojin releases.

They're rather small despite being part of the Hachette group, I'd say they're the goto publisher to get Clamp stuffs and Fairy Tail is fairly popular right now, but I'd say it's no thanks to them...
Although as usual they do a pretty good job on the actual volume though, the translation aren't bothched and it's fairly clean.
I mean Air Gear makes sense with them.
I still don't understand why and how I only learn now that Pika did 7Seeds now instead of many years ago when they started!
Now if someone could take up Priest that would make my year.

Bleach 536

tumblr_mmhisugYzj1qbxqfpo1_250.png

?! :( Awkward moments at the start, how could Kubo draw that. The flashback of hollow Ichigo makes me wish he would return again...someday, I liked when hed be all powerful in that form and even attempting to talk, great voice filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom