• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump Issue #25 Information
New Series/Lead CP/Cover: Mutou Black
Center Colour: Soul Catcher(S), Kuroko no Basket, PSI Kusuo Saiki
Majin no Gard (Oneshot 4pg.), Victory Uchida (Oneshot 15pg.)

Jump Issue #26 Information

New Series: Smoky B.B.

Ill guess that viz will choose mutou black...if they were doing soul catchers, I guess they would have teased it, unless it will be a monday surprise.

A new sports manga...will it be neglected by translators and viz....

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol at the kids thinkin this was smut.

Bleach
Ok nice to know that, next chapter reveal why she wasn't able to do anything besides quincy powers?

What if Ichigo went berserk as littlehollow.

Naruto
I don't care.

We hardly saw any romance during this flashback. It was Isshin being badass, Ryuuken being sad and Masaki being Orihime.

Ryuuken and Katagiri, get with the memo already! :p

Besides Isshin and Masaki on a date proves your point invalid considering how Isshin was heaping praise on Masaki as a person.

Like literally there was small timeline skip from him setting up shop to them going on dates and that led to Ichigo.

wonzo

Banned
Haganai 33
haganai33.png

such a heavenly shrine for the best girl

Ryuuken and Katagiri, get with the memo already! :p

Besides Isshin and Masaki on a date proves your point invalid considering how Isshin was heaping praise on Masaki as a person.

Like literally there was small timeline skip from him setting up shop to them going on dates and that led to Ichigo.

Eh, but who cares about Ryuuken. I don't know how many romances you read in books or manga or any other medium, but what Kubo wrote is definitely not "top notch", like you described it. It would be a cute bedtime story for a 6 year old, but that's it.

Eh, but who cares about Ryuuken. I don't know how many romances you read in books or manga or any other medium, but what Kubo wrote is definitely not "top notch", like you described it. It would be a cute bedtime story for a 6 year old, but that's it.

Whoa there I never said Kubo is the greatest and all is in romance genre. Just that it was done really well in the few pages we had it aka "top notch".

I think the anime's done a better job than the manga so far but both are definitely worth checking out.

Saw your avatar and figured I'd ask you.

I got the basic premise from a friend and decided that I will give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up though.

DarkMehm

Why are scanlation groups often so delusional and arrogant? Just look at this group:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=645

They released 6 chapters in almost 2 years. Now look at their forums. "Everything is under control" "We don't need recruitons" etc etc. What? Just freakin disband your turd of a group and let others do your series. What a bunch of arrogant clowns.

Which leads to a question. Can other groups just start a series on their own or do they need a green light from the previous scanlators?

Why are scanlation groups often so delusional and arrogant? Just look at this group:

They released 6 chapters in almost 2 years. Now look at their forums. "Everything is under control" "We don't need recruitons" etc etc. What? Just freakin disband your turd of a group and let others do your series. What a bunch of arrogant clowns.

Which leads to a question. Can other groups just start a series on their own or do they need a green light from the previous scanlators?

Why would they need the okay from another group, if that other group isn't doing their work? I know that there's always some huge drama over the big series and Ignis told some crazy stories once, but with the lesser known manga?

wonzo

Banned
food smut 0

shokusoma0.png

Man, this series hasn't had a foodgasm that lewd in quite some time. I miss it. :(

food smut 21

Fuck yeah, I can't wait for Soma to own that massive piece of shit

food smut 0

Saw your avatar and figured I'd ask you.

I got the basic premise from a friend and decided that I will give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up though.
I hope you enjoy it. :)

The only thing stopping people picking up a series someone else is doing is the dumb drama that usually comes with it but that's about it.

Kure-nai

Fuck yes, Shinkurou whooped Zena's ass without a bailout from one of the girls. Finally not looking like a Renji level jobber in his own damn story.

Oh, and Benika was alive the whole time, as expected.

dumbyugi

I'm actually suprised that a group hasn't jumped in and finished Golden Boy. I'm not so shocked that no one has jumped on Futari Ecchi, it's got 56 volumes and the scans are only up to volume 18. It's also still going.

wonzo

Banned
Nozoki Ana 107

This series pretty much peaked with that hilarious end to the flashback a couple chapters ago but now I just want the group translating it to finish the rest by the end of the year at least. :/

TWGOK 226

Okay, this development has some potential to be truly amazing so Wakaki better not fuck this up!

Nozoki Ana 107

This series pretty much peaked with that hilarious end to the flashback a couple chapters ago but now I just want the group translating it to finish the rest by the end of the year at least. :/

I could not wait since i wanted to read it in one go so i read translation separate while looking at the raws lol .
Series is hilarious in many ways .

One Piece
Well it only matter of time before everyone finds out who Luffy is .
So i guess Durandal is part of the 12 best swords in the world wonder if Oda going to do anything special with it .
Seem Luffy going to have some hard fights in his block with how strong Don Chinjao even if he weaker compare to when he was worth 500 million .
Also Bartolomeo taking a piss and being a troll lol .

Lain

Haganai 33

such a heavenly shrine for the best girl

You're a Yozora guy? I can even forgive your dislike for Chihayafuru.

I'm actually suprised that a group hasn't jumped in and finished Golden Boy.

I'm not that surprised (based on content). I finished reading Golden Boy last month, I regret every € I spent on it and the last volume is one of the biggest turds I ever bought given not only how stupid the content in it is, but also the way it ends.

You're a Yozora guy? I can even forgive your dislike for Chihayafuru.

Sena a million times better than Yozora down with you both .

I'm not that surprised (based on content). I finished reading Golden Boy last month, I regret every € I spent on it and the last volume is one of the biggest turds I ever bought given not only how stupid the content in it is, but also the way it ends.

I wanted to read out Golden Boy but everyone said the ending really sucks so i did not bother .
I guess i can add you to the list .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kabu no isaki 29-30

Huh, they have advanced AI in this?

Wondering if it's related to the androids in yokohama kaidashi kikou.

dumbyugi

I had heard that the ending was bad but I had no idea the entire last volume was bad. The reason I was suprised no one had finished it was because the scans only have one volume to go but if it's that bad then it no longer seems that odd.

Akito

One Piece 708
Oda is still taking his time showing the fodders fighting, just get to the Bellamy vs. Bartolomeo vs. the Punching King fight already.

Erigu

I finished reading Golden Boy last month, I regret every € I spent on it and the last volume is one of the biggest turds I ever bought given not only how stupid the content in it is, but also the way it ends.
So you won't read the sequel?

The ending to Egawa's Tôkyô Univ. Story also was... Heh.

One Piece 708

They chapter was okay, I guess, but I wouldn't mind if Oda would finally pick up some pace with the story. And why do his baddies look really bad lately? That rookie looks absolutely silly.

One Piece 708

They chapter was okay, I guess, but I wouldn't mind if Oda would finally pick up some pace with the story. And why do his baddies look really bad lately? That rookie looks absolutely silly.

If your talking about Bartolomeo i guess Oda want him to look silly since he is trolling , even his name means he is a troll .
From AP
Yes, it's literally "he's a flesh eater," but that's the way that Japanese talk about [internet] trolling/mocking, as Aohige has explained. And that's exactly what Barto is doing. Being obnoxious and flame-baiting in order to rile up people who take things too seriously, like Hack.

One Piece
Forgot to mention i know Panda translations are normally bad but man do there scans look bad also .
Saw the raw before i read the chapter and the amount of detail lost in panda scans is huge not to mention how smudge it looks .
Thanks good for stream cause reading the big 3 from panda alone would be awful the make chapters look like a mess.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Ugh, this is the downside to speed scans. It looks like shit and it reads like shit. Panda... stahp.

From what I could gather, interesting chapter. Bartolomeo is the ultimate wrestling heel, going so far as to take a piss in the middle of the fight.
Cavendish has the legendary French sword Durandal (I also know the name from Fire Emblem), seems he's more than just a pretty face.
Bellamy still loves stabbing people.

Kurita

The Chihayafuru anime seems to have a fairly good OST. Listened to a few songs, they were pretty cool.
I'll stick with the manga for the time being though.

If your talking about Bartolomeo i guess Oda want him to look silly since he is trolling , even his name means he is a troll .
From AP
Yes, it's literally "he's a flesh eater," but that's the way that Japanese talk about [internet] trolling/mocking, as Aohige has explained. And that's exactly what Barto is doing. Being obnoxious and flame-baiting in order to rile up people who take things too seriously, like Hack.

I was talking about his character design. After Caesar and the fishman terrorist, I was hoping that Oda could come up with something good for a change.

The Chihayafuru anime seems to have a fairly good OST. Listened to a few songs, they were pretty cool.
I'll stick with the manga for the time being though.

Yeah the anime has good OST , IMO the anime so much better than the manga because of sound .
It plays such a huge part in the game along with motion which anime does better .
Don't think i going back to the manga until the anime done and they most likely going pass the scans by then .

Side note Haganai manga way behind the anime or light novels .
I did not know anime catch up to the novels .

Naruto

Okay chapter, glad we found out the truth behind Rin and more glad to see TnJ not work for a change. Hopefully next week we just get Kakashi vs Obito

Bleach

Great chapter, naked Masaki and all the little details coming together. Glad we finally got an explanation on how the dad got his powers back for the Arracar war

One Piece

Things are getting crazy, this looks to be the first fight where Luffy will really have to go all out and show us what he's learned. I guess we've also established a swordsman for Zoro to fight not sure how they'll meet up at this rate though.

Naruto 629
tumblr_mmhaz42OfV1rht3rio1_400.jpg

Initially had wanted more time on the battlefield with exhausted Naruto and his comrades healing him (good going for Sakura Haruno, finally doing something useful and not being a useless deadweight, great move). His initial panel with the heavy breathing and looking fierce is one of his best. Actually, at this point, I think just about many of his panels since part 2 have been his "best."

I cant imagine how Obito will be redeemed of sorts, he already knows and embodied the same ideals that Naruto does, he knows the truth, and what not, so what could Kakashi-sensei do to change his heart. Will be amazed however Kishimoto manages to make it happen, I hope we get a happy resolve with Kakashi-sensei and Obito, even if I believed he could die this arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom