• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh I would like some more Jump esque prime realistate battle manga in my life> KHR died and there is a hole in my heart.
You know the type

As long as it isn't like one piece.

Some funny stuff. Or something weird

I love BOBOBO-BO-BOBOBO.
1-punch man.
JOJO

And Something smart , Ghost in the shell SAC and ghost hound can only facilitate my exposion-ey codec conversation-eqsque itch for so long.
I really liked bakuman

A good sports manga
I haven't read one since eyeshield 21

As far as finished series go, read Fullmetal Alchemist and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Out of the ongoing series I can only recommend Magi and Gamaran. The latter is very light on... basically everything not involving fights. I'd say read Hunter x Hunter that'd be unfair to you.

Shouta

AKB49 124

OKAAAAAAAAAAAAABEEEEEEEEE :D

Welcome to Okabe 49!

On Naruto, pretty solid chapter. Obito knew what happened, probably learned after about the 3-Tails. Alive is alive to him, zombies don't count. Worked out pretty well. I'm convinced half of you guys aren't actually reading it or are reading a shitty translation.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shinya Shokudo 8

X1UXgZX.png

A true tragedy.

survivor

Banned
Eh I would like some more Jump esque prime realistate battle manga in my life> KHR died and there is a hole in my heart.
You know the type

As long as it isn't like one piece.

Some funny stuff. Or something weird

I love BOBOBO-BO-BOBOBO.
1-punch man.
JOJO

And Something smart , Ghost in the shell SAC and ghost hound can only facilitate my exposion-ey codec conversation-eqsque itch for so long.
I really liked bakuman

A good sports manga
I haven't read one since eyeshield 21
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Welcome to Okabe 49!

On Naruto, pretty solid chapter. Obito knew what happened, probably learned after about the 3-Tails. Alive is alive to him, zombies don't count. Worked out pretty well. I'm convinced half of you guys aren't actually reading it or are reading a shitty translation.

70% of people will hate Naruto no matter whats in it and just make a dismissive, vague comment that it sucked.

Erigu

Did that plot to turn Rin into a Jinchûriki make sense to you?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shiny Shokudo 18

Hah, good for the guy.

Man, this was a pretty charming read. Fans of bartender should definitely give it a shot, it has generally the same tone and premise.

Great set of characters, and it really showcases the weird and touching moments from people from all walks of life.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

Finally more informations about Joa... also the poor Chiyo at first being considered almost on the same level of Setsuno now has been downgraded to "one-hit-to-kill" character.
Toriko battle ended as expected, maybe he will create a new technique and damage a little Starjuun before he will go away.
Sincerely as op as it seems I can't see a good future for Setsuno...

ryan13ts

So Manga-GAF, I'm looking for another good shonen-type manga to pick up reading, since I've caught up on my most recent reads. (It doesn't have to be strictly shonen)

My current favorites:
The Big 3 (N/B/OP)
Toriko
Fairy Tail
Claymore
OnePunch Man
Berserk (Yeah, I know it's not shonen but I still love it)
Deadman Wonderland
Hunter X Hunter

Based of my list above, anyone got a recommendation for a manga they think I might like? (good action/plot development are a definite plus)

Kurita

Deadman Wonderland is a shonen.

You should check Hunter x Hunter, Magi, Attack On Titan...
GTO is also a must read when it comes to shonens.
If you like sports check out Eyeshield 21, Slam Dunk and Haikyuu.

I was just reading through some Ken Kutaragi quotes and I really think there should be an autobiographical manga, just like the Steve Jobs one. What a crazy man.

Reknoc

So Manga-GAF, I'm looking for another good shonen-type manga to pick up reading, since I've caught up on my most recent reads. (It doesn't have to be strictly shonen)

My current favorites:
The Big 3 (N/B/OP)
Toriko
Fairy Tail
Claymore
OnePunch Man
Deadman Wonderland (Same as above)

Based of my list above, anyone got a recommendation for a manga they think I might like? (good action/plot development are a definite plus)

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan
majin tantei nougami neuro

My current favorites:
The Big 3 (N/B/OP)
Toriko
Fairy Tail
Claymore
OnePunch Man
Deadman Wonderland (Same as above)

Read Sun-Ken Rock.

ryan13ts

Deadman Wonderland is a shonen.

You should check Hunter x Hunter, Magi, Attack On Titan...
GTO is also a must read when it comes to shonens.
If you like sports check out Eyeshield 21, Slam Dunk and Haikyuu.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already read HxH, I just didn't add it to the list since it's been on haitus forever, although it's definitely one of my all time favorites.

I read up on the plots of Magi and Attack on Titan, and they sound pretty interesting so I think I might give those a go.

Monster 9-11

God, this is getting boring. Yes, we know where the kids are and what they do, great.
It's like all is said and done and nothing about this keeps me going. Yes, it's him and yes, he's doing that. Yes, you saved him and you didn't know better. Boo hoo.

Tenma's investigation is as boring as his character. What the hell is he doing traveling around Germany anyway? Shouldn't be be saving lives of little children? At least he got a grumpy divorced reporter involved, that's a new one.

I can't predict the ending and yet it feels like I could. It feels like I've seen or read this before. How do you call that?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
but it did

70% of people will hate Naruto no matter whats in it and just make a dismissive, vague comment that it sucked.

Monster 9-11

God, this is getting boring. Yes, we know where the kids are and what they do, great.
It's like all is said and done and nothing about this keeps me going. Yes, it's him and yes, he's doing that. Yes, you saved him and you didn't know better. Boo hoo.

Tenma's investigation is as boring as his character. What the hell is he doing traveling around Germany anyway? Shouldn't be be saving lives of little children? At least he got a grumpy divorced reporter involved, that's a new one.

I can't predict the ending and yet it feels like I could. It feels like I've seen or read this before. How do you call that?

Tell me what you think its about?

Village

As far as finished series go, read Fullmetal Alchemist and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Out of the ongoing series I can only recommend Magi and Gamaran. The latter is very light on... basically everything not involving fights. I'd say read Hunter x Hunter that'd be unfair to you.

Oh I already know of hunter x hunter.... And yes it did get a bit dissapoint.

Killua is my favorite.

Monster
Tell me what you think its about?

It looks like it's about a doctor who saved a fucked up psycho kid. The kid grows up and does what he already did as a kid and for some reason I don't even care, because I don't feel any connection at all. The doc is going to chase the kid around, does some investigation here and there, maybe gets a buddy (who gets killed in the long run) and might be a step behind everything. He won't stop until he gets him, he'll learn the secret and dark past of the kid that explains everything, someone dies at the end and the story is done.

My biggest problem is that I don't care about the whiny depressed bitch that Tenma is.

Shouta

You mean the fact that they wanted to use her as a human bomb, basically? Why not? It's not a far-fetched plan and a rampaging Tailed Beast is quite the nasty adversary. And Madara did it later The question is when this occurred. It makes Obito look like an even bigger douche and makes Kakashi's guilt a bit more interesting.

It also fits with the events of Naruto's birth considering what occurred then.

Angry Grimace

I honestly don't understand how this doesn't make sense. Just generally complaining that "[plot element] doesn't make sense" without any rhyme or reason why has become practically the leading anti-Naruto complaint for the last 5 years.

Steroyd

But Naruto is shit, SHIIIIIIIT!

The whole Rin was a Jinchuuriki bomb felt random as hell, that said Obito knowing what had happened all along, just made me pay my wtf's for the week and then blame the sharingan, because it's all the sharingan's fault.

Angry Grimace

But Naruto is shit, SHIIIIIIIT!

The whole Rin was a Jinchuuriki bomb felt random as hell, that said Obito knowing what had happened all along, just made me pay my wtf's for the week and then blame the sharingan, because it's all the sharingan's fault.

Why did it feel random? I don't get it. I'm being dead serious. I don't get how that element was off in any way, shape or form. Its completely within the rules of the Universe and how the Tailed Beasts work.

Steroyd

Why did it feel random? I don't get it. I'm being dead serious. I don't get how that element was off in any way, shape or form. Its completely within the rules of the Universe and how the Tailed Beasts work.

The logic behind the Jinchuuriki nuke is sound, although I have some reservations on the evil village ninja's having a detonator of some sort when Rin went back to the village, when every other village is having issues controlling them, hosts included.

And I thought the Tailed Beasts escapes when the host dies, or was it that they both die when killed, most likely the latter because the Kyuubi in Naruto did everything to stop Naruto from dying in numerous situations, so it's either Akatsuki's plans got screwed when Kakashi chidori'd Rin or the tailed beast would bust out and go berserk when getting chidori'd by Kakashi.

Seconded.

Seriously, Sun-Ken Rock is a great series, maybe with a little bit too much fan service, but great nonetheless.

I'd buy 4 copies of such a work simply because I love Ken.

How could you not love him?

"You can communicate to a new cybercity. This will be the ideal home server. Did you see the movie 'The Matrix'? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into 'The Matrix'!"

Brickhunt

The logic behind the Jinchuuriki nuke is sound, although I have some reservations on the evil village ninja's having a detonator of some sort when Rin went back to the village, when every other village is having issues controlling them, hosts included.

And I thought the Tailed Beasts escapes when the host dies, or was it that they both die when killed, most likely the latter because the Kyuubi in Naruto did everything to stop Naruto from dying in numerous situations, so it's either Akatsuki's plans got screwed when Kakashi chidori'd Rin or the tailed beast would bust out and go berserk when getting chidori'd by Kakashi.
It's probably easier to "detonate" a Jinchuuriki. Just seal the beast with a crappy seal or an adapted seal, puts some stress on the Jinchuuriki and then enjoy the fire works and the smell of burning people.

Akito

Seigi no Mikata 7-11
Somehow I missed the last couple of chapters even though they come out like every 6 months. It's still hilarious as ever, Sumiko is the most charming asshole that was ever created.

Angry Grimace

It's probably easier to "detonate" a Jinchuuriki. Just seal the beast with a crappy seal or an adapted seal, puts some stress on the Jinchuuriki and then enjoy the fire works and the smell of burning people.

My guess is that the majority of people are not suited to holding one and will release it almost immediately if the seal isn't maintained.

LeleSocho

Banned

Am I remembering this wrong or before this chapter to either store or control a bijuu you had to be a great ninja because sealing techniques besides the Uzumaki's ones are crap? Rin looks everything but a great ninja.
If not random it certainly looks wrong.

Am I remembering this wrong or before this chapter to either store or control a bijuu you had to be a great ninja because sealing techniques besides the Uzumaki's ones are crap? Rin looks everything but a great ninja.
If not random it certainly looks wrong.

You say that only because she's a woman and proving Kishimoto's point.

Kurita

Daiya no A (aka Diamond no Ace)
p9m9Ho2.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all.
Pretty straight-forward hot-blooded sports shounen, always a pleasure to read stories like this.
The art isn't anything special but it's really clean, you always can tell what's going on, everything looks good.
Likeable hero, good cast of characters... It's classic but it works, definitely entertaining.
If you enjoy mangas like Slam Dunk or Eyeshield 21 look no further.

Since it's a sports manga, translations aren't really fast... Heh, there's still a nice amount of chapters available already so feel free to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom