• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun-Ken Rock 122

lbVzrAr.jpg

This fight came to and end, finally. It was dragging on a bit.

I can't believe how wrong I was, when I said I wouldn't need a translation for this chapter, because it's not wordy and action, hurr durr. Goddamn Kim, this redemption was a bit unexpected. I hope the next chapter won't be entirely dedicated to them escaping the crumbling building. The story needs to pick up some pace at this point.

The art was a bit lacking in this chapter. It felt somewhat rushed and unpolished.

Green Blood 24-26

ITO5mSR.jpg

Luke and Brad finally left that shithole. It's somewhat disappointing, because I wouldn't mind a manga about the gang wars in the five points, but the western setting overall is still good enough. Luke being super talented at shooting guns is surprisingly convenient, but I'm not complaining. Whatever doesn't make him dead weight is good. I'm still not happy about the series ending. I really wouldn't mind if it continues a bit like this, having Luke and Brad playing A-Team, while they're on the hunt for their father. I hope the mangaka starts with a new series right after he's done with this one.

And of course there can't be a post without praising the fantastic art. I'm really glad I found this manga by accident, if only for the art. One of the best looking manga I've ever seen. It's right up there with Sun-Ken Rock and whatever Murata draws.

Erigu

Whenever he comes back from hiatus it's only for 10-20 chapters and there is a lot of unfinished art in them.
"A lot"? That's not true, not since he started with those batches of 10/20 episodes.
There was unfinished art in a couple of the very last episodes of the latest batch, but that's it. And it was a batch of 30 episodes.

He usally fixes the art for the volume releases but I here he didn't even do alot of that for the most recent ones.
"The most recent one", singular. And he always fixed the art before that.

Look at this shit.
That was well before he started with those batches of 10/20 episodes.

He has none IIRC.
That's not true either.

dumbyugi

There was unfinished art in a couple of the very last episodes of the latest batch, but that's it. And it was a batch of 30 episodes.

I was using the 10-20 chapters as an average, the latest batch was the longest run since he first went on hiatus.

"The most recent one", singular. And he always fixed the art before that.

My mistake then. I did say he corrected art for the other volumes though.

That was well before he started with those batches of 10/20 episodes.

You're right, I was just using the first image that showed up on Google. It hasn't been quite that bad since the hiatuses but there has still been scribbles. Even if it's not entire pages it's multiple panels throughout a chapter.

That's not true either.

I might have been thinking of when he did Level E then.

I guess my biggest problem is that I feel he should only have to correct art mistakes in the volumes, not finish art. If he can't write manga because of his health then he probably shouldn't be writing it at all.

Trinity Seven 20-22

God, that super moe general is getting on my nerves. How can anyone like this shit? It's not cute, it's just bland, boring and annoying. "Kyaah" this, "kyaaah!" that, "T-th-that totally wasn't my intention! Baka!" followed by the usual slap on the face. Fuck this shit.

But at least the plot is moving forward. "Plot".

That other academy isn't even interesting to look at. It's a missed opportunity to introduce some completely different design for each different academy, including the uniforms things like that. Instead it's just more of them same. Hogwards 3, if you like.

Not even the fight between the Grimoires was any good and but turning the evil one in Hijiri is just so ... Whatever. Am I supposed to feel sorry for Arata now? Is this some big mystery now? And he got to defeat the evil magic being that looks like his disappeared cousin without any of his magic powers! Oh noes! And all that, because his Grimoire was captures, because "plot".

Erigu

I might have been thinking of when he did Level E then.
Yeah, I don't know/remember for Level E... Maybe he didn't have assistants for that one, indeed (do you remember where you saw that, Kurita?).

I guess my biggest problem is that I feel he should only have to correct art mistakes in the volumes, not finish art. If he can't write manga because of his health then he probably shouldn't be writing it at all.
I'd rather have a slow/laborious Hunter x Hunter than no Hunter x Hunter at all.

dumbyugi

Yeah, I don't know/remember for Level E... Maybe he didn't have assistants for that one, indeed (do you remember where you saw that, Kurita?).

I'd rather have a slow/laborious Hunter x Hunter than no Hunter x Hunter at all.

I looked it up and it seems he has very few if any assistants helping him with Hunter x Hunter, so even if he does have them it's probably less than most Jump authors. I think that's what I was thinking of.

Kurita

I saw it multiple times on the Internet or even in reviews of Level E (like on Animeland...)...

I've had Level E on my to-read list for so long, had no idea he was behind it And I had NO IDEA he was married to the Sailor Moon mangaka.
So that's why I always connect Togashi with Sailor Moon. I always thought he had something to do with the manga itself.

Brickhunt

We still know very little about the Soul King or what purpose he actually serves correct?
We know at least that, despite the title, the guy doesn't truly rule Soul Society. He lets the Central 46 decide and shape the laws instead. My guess is that he manages the balance of the souls between the worlds.

That would be a reason why Aizen hates him and Urahara think he is a "necessary evil" that holds everything together. The king is responsible for the current system of Hollows, Humans and Shinigamies in different worlds that ends up causing all that Hollows attacking humans trouble. A bad situation, but one that everyone besides Aizen agrees it's better than other alternatives.

Also, a theory I've take a liking to is that the Vandenreich are messing with the balance of the souls on purpose. They take down the system placed by the king and unify everything into a single world they can rule. They don't really care about the causalities.

The biggest recent non-Toriko series are Kuroko's Basketball and Assassination Classroom, actually both are more popular than Toriko anyway in Japan.

I dont know if those would get big out of jpn. Unlicensed anime and manga for kuroko and low appeal for sports manga in english unless europe is big on sports series? And I guess france will be testing ground of assassination classroom out of jpn.

I think Soul Catcher(s) will be the next big series, it has everything that makes a good manga, imo.

I dont know if those would get big out of jpn. Unlicensed anime and manga for kuroko and low appeal for sports manga in english unless europe is big on sports series? And I guess france will be testing ground of assassination classroom out of jpn.

I think Soul Catcher(s) will be the next big series, it has everything that makes a good manga, imo.
I don't know how Ass Class could ever get popular outside JPN. It seems to be some very particular Japanese humor I don't get.

And someone picked up Soul Catchers?

E: I didn't even notice I replied to DTL. Never mind then.

Kurita

The publisher is already hyping it, and I can see some growing interest on the Internet.
Who knows. I hope it'll sell well. And the author is already known in France thanks to Neuro so it can help...

I don't even get how Ass Class is supposed to be a gag manga. It has a story, a ruined premise and stuff happens, but rarely anything funny happens and there aren't many comedic situations either. And them it seems to have lots of puns that don't translate well.

Kurita

I Am a Hero vol.7
Q9bgZeQ.jpg

Another great volume. This manga keeps on delivering great moments.
There was a whole chapter where we saw the action through the eyes of the characters.
Not gonna lie, it was quite stressful.
Still love the whole refugee camp thing. I love how a minor thing like a rifle can change the whole situation, the established social order...
Definitely one of the best mangas at the moment.

Village

Whenever he comes back from hiatus it's only for 10-20 chapters and there is a lot of unfinished art in them. He usally fixes the art for the volume releases but I here he didn't even do alot of that for the most recent ones.

EDIT: Whoops double post.

Edit2: Look at this shit.

Even in Yu Yu hakusho he did not give a shit about backgrounds.

Yeah Soul Catchers will be part of the second Big Three along with Mario and a 2014 launching series.

Akito

I'm reading some Monster right now and I'm wondering, was Urasawa ever in Germany? Any explanation why he picked that city?
From what I've read he did not visit Germany doing reseach, only the anime producers did. If you mean by that city Düsseldorf, it's probably because it's the most Japanese city in Germany, being the only Japantown there and all.

Monster 3-5

7ndvgFN.png

I know Tenma is in some big shit now, but getting this message again is so satisfying. And fuck Eva, she should've died with them. I'm still not past the point I watched in the anime, but I hope I get hooked this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom