• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinobi no Kuni 18-22, end

yodA7Jp.jpg

This war has been excellent so far. No clutter, great atmosphere, interesting strategies from both sides and some deus ex machina here and there (I suppose it can't be avoided). Even though the battles are short, they always seem to make a difference and it's not just a battle for the battles sake and to match up certain characters. They're quick, brutal and quickly over, but most of the time satisfying and none of the drawn out shonen style crap.

I hated Mumon's reaction after killing Heibe, it was so irrational and he lost the only thing he loved. I still liked the ending, though. I thought it was a good manga in a setting I really like and well executed story, but sometimes it was the art that made it special for me. Seeing Mumon getting serious was always nice, it just looked great.

Thanks to whoever recommended it.

survivor

Banned
Cat Street vol 2

Well, that love triangle got resolved pretty quickly and in a nice manner. At least the story doesn't seem interested in romance competitions so far. On the other hand, I'm not too happy with the last couple pages revelation that Nako still wants to beat Keito or even cares about her at this point, but at the very least this should provide some DRAMA.

I also realized that the author of this was the same one that worked on Boys Over Flowers, no wonder why the art style looked very familiar. I don't know why she is even bothering with manga and all the long hours when her previous work is the best selling shoujo manga of all time with 50+ millions in sales. Then again this does give an advantage to Cat Street making a manga that she is working on to tell a story and not to make a living dragging it on for 30+ volumes.

Stulaw

I don't get the hate for Elsie, I would absolutely love her if she was real, she's hilarious.

Anyway, Tenri's going to become number 1, with the boys all being after her (or something like that) and then Keima will defend her by saying that she's his and no-one else can have her (i.e. typical accidental love confession 101). Then they'll go on the school trip, Keima and Tenri will end up in the cave, releasing all the spirits and Goddesses, and Keima will be back in the future.

survivor

Banned
Fuck, I wish I had a car to drive 5 hours down to TCAF for Taiyo Matsumoto talk.

Some quotes from the talk provided by Deb Aoki
- "Tekkon Kinkreet was not very popular. It was cut midway. It was 3 vols, but I had orig. intended it to be 6 vols"
- "Tekkon Kinkreet was not popular, so my editor said, "you should do a sports manga, & it should be set in h. school." = drew Ping Pong
- "I resisted drawing Ping Pong -- I wanted to quit after v3. Then I went to Angloueme & met Moebius, etc. that inspired me to continue"
- "For "No. 5" I wanted to incorporate influences of Akira, Moebius, Blade Runner, Ishinomori's Cyborg 009" in one work." T. Matsumoto
- "I usually have a clear idea of what I'm doing for a story. With no. 5, it was more like improvisational jazz. Sometimes I got lost"
- Matsumoto mentions that "the shining" influenced GoGo Monster. Also cites Amadeus & Godfather as influences
So even Matsumoto himself couldn't follow No. 5, lol

I don't get the hate for Elsie, I would absolutely love her if she was real, she's hilarious.

Anyway, Tenri's going to become number 1, with the boys all being after her (or something like that) and then Keima will defend her by saying that she's his and no-one else can have her (i.e. typical accidental love confession 101). Then they'll go on the school trip, Keima and Tenri will end up in the cave, releasing all the spirits and Goddesses, and Keima will be back in the future.

I guess for me it's just the hate for this "cute" art style on TWGOK (all the :3 faces) and it gets used a lot when Elsie appears. This arc is basically the horror for me right now. lol

Finalow

finished Akagi and *Saikyou Densetsu* Kurosawa.
Akagi is great, not as much as Kaiji tho. one thing is that you have to learn how to play mahjong to follow the matches, or at least you have to learn the rules. also it's sad that he never finished the manga and because of this the anime got rushed at the end (that's what I thought).

Kurosawa is pretty good too, some parts where a little boring for my tastes but I get it, it's very different from the other Nobuyuki's works I read.

Hungry Joker 24 [end]
tumblr_mlxsznlJha1rdkkjzo1_250.png

Well Im just glad he did give us a Kild v Haiji fight, that was what I loved about the first few chapters and then also the biggest thing I was anticipating. Unfortunately, apart from the cool nice design change...the ending was atrocious.I hate having to use my own imagination to imagine how the series will truly end, should have been more conclusive at least.

JUMP made a horrible mistake in ending such a good series and forcing such an ending.

Kurita

( ´ ▽ ` )ノ (゜▽゜;)

(*°∀°)=3 (◎_◎;)

(‘◇’)? ヽ(´ー`)┌

(*&#65439;&#65435;&#65439;)....... &#949;=&#949;=&#9487;( >_<)&#9499;

(&#12301;&#65439;&#65435;&#65439;)&#65379;.........................................................&#949;=&#949;=&#9487;( >_<)&#9499;

(T&#65343;T)..................................................................................................................&#949;=&#949;=&#9487;( >_<)&#9499;

OTL

upandaway

Man was I really secretly hated by everyone all these years and it's just coming out now when I stopped posting for a bit

And I decided not to reply to Glass-man's silly comment in the Pokemon thread out of good will too, now I feel like a politically-inclined musical chair

( ´ &#9661; ` )&#65417; (&#12444;&#9661;&#12444;;)

(*°&#8704;°)=3 (&#9678;_&#9678;;)

(&#8216;&#9671;&#8217;)? &#12541;&#65288;´&#12540;&#65344;&#65289;&#9484;

(*&#65439;&#65435;&#65439;)....... &#949;=&#949;=&#9487;( >_<)&#9499;

(&#12301;&#65439;&#65435;&#65439;)&#65379;.........................................................&#949;=&#949;=&#9487;( >_<)&#9499;

(T&#65343;T)..................................................................................................................&#949;=&#949;=&#9487;( >_<)&#9499;

OTL

GIF version:

k3c9Jkx.gif

Look at that sense of animation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom