• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m75w6nrrZP1ruf24go1_500.jpg

Kurita's got the right timeline. Berserker Armor or GTFO, Black Swordsman gear was second class.

Oh, and Elsie is awesome.

Girls of the Wild's

Yeah...guess we're looking at a Queen OTP. Dem romanticized panels when Jaegu was coaching her. XD

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I too have never read Berserk, and I don't need to when I have Berserk: Shota edition.

Korosenai

I know that DTL ships Guts and Griffith, whoever that guy is.
If you really have no idea who griffith is, then read it right now. At least up until you finish volume 3. Youll be hooked on it.

I sadly already went into Berserk knowing some of Griffiths backstory, but I still enjoyed it immensely.

Akito

Mix 12
Oh yeah, it finally happened, this is where the real fun begins. You have to acknowledge though, Adachi only needed one chapter to make Nikaidou a decent guy, I never though it was possible. But I'm not apologizing for badmouthing him either.

Blade of the Immortal END

That was an interesting conclusion. Poor Manji will never catch a break.

Gotta say the art was beautiful and the battles really well done.

Never liked Manji, he was owned in almost all battles and only won because of his immortality.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Blade of the Immortal END

That was an interesting conclusion. Poor Manji will never catch a break.

Gotta say the art was beautiful and the battles really well done.

Never liked Manji, he was owned in almost all battles and only won because of his immortality.

Spoiler me please about the conclusion of his relationship with Rin.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Apocalypse no Toride 14
well shit

Apocalypse no toride 13

Overall decent, kinda interested to see what's up with the alpha zombie. The main group is way too good at surviving to actually create any tension though.

.. I kinda agree.. it'll be great for a injury to happen or something

survivor

Banned
So is Nisekoi worth reading in any capacity? I feel like if it wasn't a jump series half the thread wouldn't even bother with it.

Do you enjoy bad harem romcoms filled with predictable jokes and with no intention to progress the plot? If no, then don't waste your time.

So is Nisekoi worth reading in any capacity? I feel like if it wasn't a jump series half the thread wouldn't even bother with it.

if it wasnt in viz's jump I wouldnt read it. Most of the chapters are pointless and like within the first one or two pages one can tell if a chapter is worth reading or not, and its predictable. However it manages to make me laugh every now and then.

bigkrev

Do you enjoy bad harem romcoms filled with predictable jokes and with no intention to progress the plot? If no, then don't waste your time.

Pretty much. The premise is interesting in the beginning (kids of 2 rival mob bosses faking a relationship to prevent gang wars), but after the first dozen chapters or so, the plot stops advancing. Its all filler, and its mostly bad.

Pretty much. The premise is interesting in the beginning (kids of 2 rival mob bosses faking a relationship to prevent gang wars), but after the first dozen chapters or so, the plot stops advancing. Its all filler, and its mostly bad.

I get that it's reverse Romeo and Juliet, but a lot of people here seem to read it for almost no reason. At least I get why people kept reading Rage Town because they were so invested 150+ chapters into a series.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nobunaga no Chef

4T1eRHE.png

Wow, is this the first time nobunaga is going to use ken in an offensive way?

Wonder if this is a response to Ken's speech about food is meant to give life.

He could be pretty damn scary when angered though.

Also goddamn nobunaga with his hair swept back is way too handsome.

bigkrev

I get that it's reverse Romeo and Juliet, but a lot of people here seem to read it for almost no reason. At least I get why people kept reading Rage Town because they were so invested 150+ chapters into a series.

I only read it because its in US Jump, so its not like I need to actively seek it out or anything, and it takes 5 mins to read each week.

Cute art, and sme of the chapters are fun.

It hasnt gotten to the stage of Kimi no Iru Machi yet, so I'm still ok with it.

Qvoth

blade of the immortal end
oh wow... it finally ended...
how many years has this manga run? 10 years plus?
they didn't end up together? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
j/k
i'll wait for tankoubons to read the chapters i skipped, should be 1 or 2 volumes left

Current Guts is the best Guts (both looks wise and personality wise). And Berserk is just fine post iDOLM@STER, it's different but still perfectly readable.

Current "can barely do shit without Shierke"-Guts automatically makes him worse than Black Swordsman Guts. It's cool that Miura hasn't given him a free powerup he can freely use but this is going a tad bit too far. It's still good but to me there was a very noticeable drop in quality around the time he got the Berserker Armor.

Berserk

Current "can barely do shit without Shierke"-Guts automatically makes him worse than Black Swordsman Guts. It's cool that Miura hasn't given him a free powerup he can freely use but this is going a tad bit too far. It's still good but to me there was a very noticeable drop in quality around the time he got the Berserker Armor.

I guess Miura wants to keep with that "struggler/little fish against the current" motif even if he now has a slight chance against Apostles.

Also its not just Apostles who were pissing in the wind doing their own shit in the early days, they are now fucking organized under the Anti Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom