• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
More Taiyo Matsumoto quotes from his TCAF talk via Deb Aoki

Some of the ones that stood out to me
- "I feel Tekkon Kinkreet, ping pong, & Gogo monster are a trilogy - abt positive/negative, passive/active relationships"
- "No. 5 was influenced by the events of 9/11 - if not for that, it'd be a much lighter, more entertaining story."
- "I did No.5 w/o thinking too far ahead where I'd go with it. I wanted to just draw & decide along the way where it goes."
- "in JP, artists have close relationship w/ editors, but on downside, that strong influence can = not much variety"
- "when I was younger, I fought w/ my editors. I was just resisting. I wanted to do the opposite of what I was told"
- "now that I'm older, I realize editors are looking @ my work w/ fresh eyes. Now I really rely on my editors."
- "sunny is a story I've always wanted to do, but was afraid. I was afraid of the effect it'd have on ppl, incl. me"
- also interesting to hear abt his 20-year collaboration w/ his wife, an illustrator - "she draws better than I."

I can't wait to read first volume of Sunny in two weeks.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57492424]Monster should be whitewashed because that story sucks balls.[/QUOTE]

7 Seeds should be whitewashed because the art sucks balls.

How can you rank Free? HOW? It hasn't even even started yet.
Kuroko higher than REAL... wut

It has the potential to be genre defining. I cant imagine no situation where it wont be good.

But on another note, REAL is just awfully depressing and too tragic not to mention the character design and art issue it has going on. I guess I just connect and find Kuroko more interesting character wise and as a series.

Oh well onto Eyeshield 21, I hope it is unique and likeable.

Monster 25

Eva has finally snapped and is teaming up with Lunge to find Tenma. I kind of hope she and Lunge run into Johan soon that scene would be especially awesome.

Averon

Aku no Hana 45

Based Kasuga

He finally get a little bit of happiness. Can't wait for Nakamura to return. You know he'll drop Tokiwa like a bad habit to moment she's back.

Monster Volume 4

Stuff is intense, seems there are more evil former nazi's running around trying to bait Johan then actual appearances of Johan in the story. I guess that's fine it does build up the suspense whenever the characters discover the blood bath remains of his killings. Plot jumps around a bit too much for my liking but it's all really well written.

Girls of the Wild's - 89

Didn't expect a month-long break. They must be worknig on that Teppuu crossover I've been having in my mind for the past few months.

Girls of the Wild's

No Dal Dal for a month? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yeah, that sucks. I hope we have more Queen from now on. We need more Queen.

Now please.

it1HIgN.jpg

It has the potential to be genre defining. I cant imagine no situation where it wont be good.

But on another note, REAL is just awfully depressing and too tragic not to mention the character design and art issue it has going on. I guess I just connect and find Kuroko more interesting character wise and as a series.

Oh well onto Eyeshield 21, I hope it is unique and likeable.

I mean, I know it's #dtl

but come the fuck on

Eyeshield 21 Chapters 1 - 3

This is off to a really fantastic and fun start. Something about it feels refreshing and the main character, Sena, is quite amazing. He reminds me so much of Tsuna at times, easily becoming slightly under him, as my favorite leads in manga. I think he has tons of hidden potential and his running is amazing. Under five seconds, zipping and zagging as if uncatchable even, and so determined, good. Hiruma too is quite hilarious and makes me laugh so much with his artillery and other heavy weapons as well as the personality. Definitely much better than I expected.

Naito

Girls of the Wild's - 89

Didn't expect a month-long break. They must be worknig on that Teppuu crossover I've been having in my mind for the past few months.

it1HIgN.jpg

Bummer for the unexpected break, but oh well.
I'm ok with more Queen screentime, we had too much Dal Dal lately.
Less Dal Dal is a good thing.
Relax folks, I'm kidding.

It's ok to see Dal Dal lose against Moon Young.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 Chapters 1 - 3

This is off to a really fantastic and fun start. Something about it feels refreshing and the main character, Sena, is quite amazing. He reminds me so much of Tsuna at times, easily becoming slightly under him, as my favorite leads in manga. I think he has tons of hidden potential and his running is amazing. Under five seconds, zipping and zagging as if uncatchable even, and so determined, good. Hiruma too is quite hilarious and makes me laugh so much with his artillery and other heavy weapons as well as the personality. Definitely much better than I expected.

hRTeQ.gif
hRTeQ.gif
hRTeQ.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If a joke poster puts more effort into posting consistently than serious posters, does it really matter if it's a joke?

7Th

If a joke poster puts more effort into posting consistently than serious posters, does it really matter if it's a joke?

Writing poorly formatted, stream-of-consciousness-style posts that say absolutely nothing and repeat the words "cool" and "epic" over and over again isn't putting effort.

Either way, I'm sure that there is an actual person behind DTL... but his attitude and "taste" is just a ruse to rile you people up.

Writing poorly formatted, stream-of-consciousness-style posts that say absolutely nothing and repeat the words "cool" and "epic" over and over again isn't putting effort.

Either way, I'm sure that there is an actual person behind DTL... but his attitude and "taste" is just a ruse to rile you people up.

Except nobody here gets riled up by DTL...

Writing poorly formatted, stream-of-consciousness-style posts that say absolutely nothing and repeat the word "cool" and "epic" over and over again isn't putting effort.

Either way, I'm sure that there is an actual person behind DTL... but his attitude and "taste" is just a ruseman to rile you people up.

While I have to admit that his bait can be hard to avoid, it doesn't mean it's impossible. I think at this point we all know well enough how he ticks and what his schtick is. If his "humor" riles you up, then it's your own fault.

Lirlond

He's really into this stuff, its all over his facebook(With his family members on it) and his tumblr, twitter etc. This is just how he is. Stop hating

I dont understand how ones taste would rile people up, I hope no one is really being that affected by what someone else reads/watches and their decision not read/watch/buy something else as thats odd. Regardless, I dont know why people are so swift to try to cast me as some joke character when all I do is post my opinion, maybe respond to a post or two if a question was asked or needed some clarification, and read other peoples posts, respond to them often to get no response back, and go on with my day. Im quite sure Ive never dragged people onto a weekly discussion of x series or championed some series like my life depended on making sure that everyone elses sees its brilliance.

I dont understand how ones taste would rile people up, I hope no one is really being that affected by what someone else reads/watches and their decision not read/watch/buy something else as thats odd. Regardless, I dont know why people are so swift to try to cast me as some joke character when all I do is post my opinion, maybe respond to a post or two if a question was asked or needed some clarification, and read other peoples posts, respond to them often to get no response back, and go on with my day. Im quite sure Ive never dragged people onto a weekly discussion of x series or championed some series like my life depended on making sure that everyone elses sees its brilliance.

You might be into all the things you post and really have certain opinions, that could come off as unpopular and that's absolutely okay, but I don't believe your innocent play one bit. Sometimes you ask the most obvious questions and play super dumb, it makes me scream. Just drop the "what did I do now?" crap and admit you're having fun. There's nothing wrong with that.

Shots fired!

Monster 52

I don't get what Johan is trying to accomplish, I also don't understand why it's taken us this long to have the story enter a section like this. This is edge of the seat stuff and while the stuff with Tenma was good Johan is just a far more interesting and compelling character. Every page you're just waiting for the Monster to come out and yet it doesn't come.

7Th

I think only Novid's posts are harder to read than this.

LeleSocho

Banned
Meh i dropped Eyeshield after 15 tankobon or so, it became stale and repetitive then just for shit and giggles I saw the end... what and underwhelming ending. It's a shame though because at first it was crazy good and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom